how's the fan turnout in Phoenix? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

how's the fan turnout in Phoenix?

Reaction Score
UConn needs to sell their allotment regardless of who buys them. Remember the Fiesta Bowl kerfuffle? It's what kept us out of realignments since.
This is basketball though- not football. We can’t sell 15k at the rent….zero chance for fiesta bowl.

Final four though? Sad state of affairs for letting these big wigs buy up and sell. Purdue fans all over UConn section.

I know AD David Benedict is pretty much out the door at this point, so complaining won’t do much until a new AD is in place.

Reaction Score
This is basketball though- not football. We can’t sell 15k at the rent….zero chance for fiesta bowl.

Final four though? Sad state of affairs for letting these big wigs buy up and sell. Purdue fans all over UConn section.

I know AD David Benedict is pretty much out the door at this point, so complaining won’t do much until a new AD is in place.
There's not much they can do to stop it. They can make you show up in Phoenix to pick up your tickets, but that's never going to happen in today's day and age.

Reaction Score
At Social Tap in Scottsdale getting ready to watch women’s final ( and try and drink away my hangover). The Purdue fans multiplying.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
There's not much they can do to stop it. They can make you show up in Phoenix to pick up your tickets, but that's never going to happen in today's day and age.
They can. Give folks a heads up that we will motor secondary sites and if your seats are listed you’ll have reduced access to seats in future years.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They can. Give folks a heads up that we will motor secondary sites and if your seats are listed you’ll have reduced access to seats in future years.
Yeah, like they're really going to view it as a good idea to threaten significant donors.

Reaction Score
UConn gives you the option to sell tickets in the secondary market when you get them. It's very easy to do and not time consuming and I'm assuming UConn gets a cut of the transaction. It is much harder to sell your tickets specifically to other UConn fans unless you do it on the-boneyard.

Reaction Score
Woke up this morning thinking I was going to AZ tomorrow. 6am flight out if BDL only $238 round trip. Waited til after my round of golf, now sold out. But good sing other UConn fans grabbed them.

Reaction Score
Purdue is everywhere. Not a lot of UConn to be honest.
It's going to sound like this or louder. They drowned the N.C. State fans...

Also, a lot of N.C. State fans were in the Uconn section last night, and I imagine many of those tickets will go to Purdue fans.

Reaction Score
Gotta get an early lead like maybe 10 or more, to quiet the crowd and try to keep them at a distance.

And, no need for Spencer to taunt them if we get and maintain this kind of lead. No sense, poking the bear.

But, we did okay at Kansas after overcoming the initial shock of their crowd and then we settled in.

This venue though larger, probably is an easier place to play in spite of the larger crowd size diffused by the enormity of the arena.

Reaction Score

The issue was that too many balked at the price from UConn and chose secondary markets to get the tickets.

Reaction Score
I have never totally understood how crowd is supposed to work for sports other then football where the crowd shouldn’t yell when their team is on offense and be loud when your on defense.

In basball you see the crowd get on their feet in the 9th with the game on the line when your team is either up to bat or in the field.

For basketball I guess other then ft shooting you see crowds go crazy when their team has the ball or if their on defense, in NBA arenas they play music, does it really benefit one team more then another.

Im just curious to see what the data is behind this, just do what we can it’s never too late to go to the game tomorrow if you can make it.

Reaction Score
I am at the corner of 2nd and Washington downtown. Purdue is outnumbering us 9 to 1. But they are looking at my t shirt and looking away in fear. Need support. At majerles.

Reaction Score
Yes the Purdue numbers are large. They were large yesterday. They will be just as large maybe even more so tomorrow. I walked into the final Four fan store at the stadium within 30 minutes of it opening. All the Purdue stuff was already gone. Making it to the finals once every 40 years will do that. None of this will matter tomorrow.

Reaction Score
At Dallas Love Field about to board. My son and I are the only ones in UConn gear. Lots of Purdue gear at this gate.

Reaction Score
Trainloads of purdue fans here in PHX, so more ammo for Hurley to talk up the world against UConn. Downtown yesterday, Painter and another purdue guy walked by right by. Opted not to hip check him into the boards. Just win good guys.

Reaction Score
Their fans have been nice and respectful- they are definitely living their best life here. I realize we have no chance whatsoever but there would be a river of tears here if we can pull off a W. Moved to section 227 so at least solidly in UConn county today. Doomed!!!

Reaction Score
Their fans have been nice and respectful- they are definitely living their best life here. I realize we have no chance whatsoever but there would be a river of tears here if we can pull off a W. Moved to section 227 so at least solidly in UConn county today. Doomed!!!
Have actually had opposite experience.

Reaction Score
Fairly good tacos, chimichangas, churros, etc Saturday at Salt Tacos y Tequila UConn event, plus UConn pep band and cheerleaders. Expect same today.
Sold out immediately yesterday! Emailed the alumni foundation to try and get a alternate (unofficial) setup at the bar across the street from Salt, Wicked Wolf. Believe it was the official NC State spot Saturday, but hoping it’s open today.

Will see if he sends out the bat signal, but that’s where I’ll be posted up unless they open up more spots at the official.

Reaction Score
Who is hitting the UConn pregame party at Salt today? +5
Which Salt restaurant are you guys going to . My 22 year old son is out there by him self ( I had to cancel , spinal surgery), would be nice to be around friendly people and fans. Thanks Niki

Reaction Score
Which Salt restaurant are you guys going to . My 22 year old son is out there by him self ( I had to cancel , spinal surgery), would be nice to be around friendly people and fans. Thanks Niki
Hi Niki, it's right outside the stadium but you needed to sign up for the guest list yesterday. However, after 5pm anyone can walk in.

Reaction Score
Definitely need to take Purdue crowd out of the game early if possible. This is their Super bowl, World Series and and World Cup for them.......

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Even if there is not one UConn fan in the stadium - UConn has this!!!
No nerves no fear
Just dominant UConn basketball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom