how's the fan turnout in Phoenix? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

how's the fan turnout in Phoenix?

Reaction Score
UConn Alumni
  • 281,684 total living alumni worldwide.
  • 149,936 alumni live in Connecticut.

Purdue Alumni
  • 600k+ living amumni worldwide
  • Not calculated for Indiana
They also have one of the best on-line graduate degree programs.

Reaction Score
Depending on what happens tonight I would consider the flight and staying Monday-Tuesday as it would be cheaper
I'm thinking the same but it's probably not going to happen. Two years in a row that unforseen things have come up so I'm probably watching at my local hangout again, which is actually a lot of fun and has been good luck.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking the same but it's probably not going to happen. Two years in a row that unforseen things have come up so I'm probably watching at my local hangout again, which is actually a lot of fun and has been good luck.
They should movie the Final Four to the East Coast, where the teams participating are actually based. Then I could've made it. But of course it has to be in the farthest city possible

Reaction Score
They should movie the Final Four to the East Coast, where the teams participating are actually based. Then I could've made it. But of course it has to be in the farthest city possible
We would have a bunch of FFs if the dummies at the Giants/Jets built MetLife with a retractable roof.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Imagine: comments directed to caring fans seeking (and elsewhere gladly receiving) "the wisdom of crowds" and then getting ambushed by 'late-to-the-party' insults as a reward for their innocent lack of knowledge or experience from a stumblebum sourpuss who rails against sissies & hillbillies in the generally low-laying 41st-in-elevation state. All because he can't accept that we are enjoying these current days because they have been built in 'WE' fashion, not willed into existence by a controlling egomaniacal buffoon, who nonetheless vacilates between claiming credit for anything that shows positively and pre-emptively exonerating himself from any blame in case anything does not conform to his futile attempts to be "The Man," when he already knows, has proclaimed, and still denies that Taylor Swift is the man and he is her biotch.

Simultaneously clueless, as great & powerful as that man behind the curtain to whom no one must pay attention, and maybe (just maybe) stumbling into a self-deprecating self-owning troll that nets him HIS 6th National Champion. And you dare to disrepsect him?

Reaction Score
My boy 1985 just drove in from San Diego via I 10 thru a snow storm. Huskies represent. He needs 1 ticket for tomorrow, lmk, ill pay

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpeg
    IMG_0924.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0922.jpeg
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 83

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Imagine: comments directed to caring fans seeking (and elsewhere gladly receiving) "the wisdom of crowds" and then getting ambushed by 'late-to-the-party' insults as a reward for their innocent lack of knowledge or experience from a stumblebum sourpuss who rails against sissies & hillbillies in the generally low-laying 41st-in-elevation state. All because he can't accept that we are enjoying these current days because they have been built in 'WE' fashion, not willed into existence by a controlling egomaniacal buffoon, who nonetheless vacilates between claiming credit for anything that shows positively and pre-emptively exonerating himself from any blame in case anything does not conform to his futile attempts to be "The Man," when he already knows, has proclaimed, and still denies that Taylor Swift is the man and he is her biotch.

Simultaneously clueless, as great & powerful as that man behind the curtain to whom no one must pay attention, and maybe (just maybe) stumbling into a self-deprecating self-owning troll that nets him HIS 6th National Champion. And you dare to disrepsect him?
In all candor I believe his demeaning responses, which are clearly the mark of a spineless internet bully, when coupled with my insolent responses may actually be helping the mojo. The evidence to date demonstrates clearly that at worst it is not hurting the mojo.

As a (retired, returned in disgrace, not accepted back) judge, he is a clown show. He also is continuing to to hold onto a delusion that has me a bit worrid about his mental well being.
Delu-Judge.jpg

That said if you think it helps the mojo, it helps the mojo.

clown judge.jpg

Reaction Score
The Northeast and most of the East Coast is really against domed stadiums. I don't really understand it.

Reaction Score
The Final Four hasn't been in the northeast for like 30 years and won't for the foreseeable future.

I guess they want to make travel distances roughly equal from all regions, but the upshot is that we will basically never enjoy a geographical advantage, while other teams have a chance (e.g. Texas, Indianapolis twice this decade, Detroit).

Reaction Score
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t UConn see a similar bump in the mid 90s to 2004 with “bandwagon” national fans? I was too young to really remember it, but I do remember reading over the years that UConn basketball was basically the coolest brand in the sport.
We were too hit and miss to sustain it. Kemba gave us some as well. And Shabazz.

But the down years really hurt. Duke is Duke because they were in like nearly every Final Four from 1986 to 1994. Well, that and some other factors. . .

But the national bandwagon came because of that. UConn was popular among some national players—and you see a lot more UConn fans in media now because of the success of both teams and the growth of the university—but it's a few steps below the "blue bloods." Like, Duke/UNC/Kansas/Kentucky still would have drew against San Diego State or Butler. If we win this year, I think we take that next step nationally.

Reaction Score
We have a major problem if we make it to the Finals. It will basically be an Away game. Very disappointed in UConn fans not showing up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom