How would you rank the kick we will receive soon? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

How would you rank the kick we will receive soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it's just BYU and Houston it won't hurt that bad. If it's BYU and Cincy it will sting. If it's Houston and Cincy it will be a body blow that will require a standing 8 count. However, I am confident that our President and AD will lead UConn through this difficult time and in the end we will be alright.

Reaction Score
I think this whole show has dragged out to the point where ambivalence is starting to set in. If its Cincy and Houston it would sting, but I'd get it. Same with BYU. Memphis would be solid nut shot for sure,,,

the upside (I hope) is that if it does go down without us included, we have contractual options to make life a little bit better with our TV "partners"...

But I would be under no illusion that a B1G or ACC invite is down the pike in my lifetime...

Reaction Score
I think this whole show has dragged out to the point where ambivalence is starting to set in.
Same. I want into the Big 12 pretty bad, and yet, screw the Big 12. Bunch of incompetent, inefficient jackasses.

Herbst's comments accomplished what they probably intended to accomplish; my expectations are sufficiently lowered. Let's just get this over with

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I have never seen that. I was cracking up but then I realized, we are still screwed while teams like Rutgers, WVU, and even the Big 12 teams that are mentioned are all safe and sound.....man this kick is gonna hurt

Reaction Score
If UConn is not picked, there is going to be some very upset people around the university and at the state house.
KO has been recruiting beyond well and we're doing all we can with scheduling, front loading and all but yes people will go crazy, but let's not set ourselves on fire. Think about the teams in P5 who get nothing done in football and basketball regardless of their conference. I know the money is a big issue but in KO we trust to get us through.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Block that kick! Block that kick! We need our special teams to come through big time today.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I expect Bowlsby to deliver the message like this...

CpMrhX-VUAAHqdK.jpg

Reaction Score
This is not a nutkick. It's the opposite. The Big XII just sealed their fate in 2025. Texas and OU are gone, maybe 2 or 3 more. All of a sudden you have 6-8 schools that are where we are today. They are going to add teams to get back to 10, probably to get to 12 even.

WORST case scenario we are playing Baylor, Oklahoma State, WVU and Iowa State in 9 years. This takes nothing off the table for us. The Big Ten could still be looking to expand east. The ACC could still be looking for a 16th full member. Who knows? Maybe our football team kicks as s next year and the year after and all of a sudden the Big XII schools not named UT and OU decide that they want to remain a player beyond 2025.

This is good news folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak