How would an opposing coach game-plan to beat UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How would an opposing coach game-plan to beat UConn?

Reaction Score
Send a guard down to double Sonago every time he catches down low.
Who's Sonago? Adama's cousin from Mali? :)

I just laugh at how many people butcher the player's names. There are only 13 scholarship players. I'd forgive if someone butchered a walk-on's name though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who's Sonago? Adama's cousin from Mali? :)

I just laugh at how many people butcher the player's names. There are only 13 scholarship players. I'd forgive if someone butchered a walk-on's name though.
We abbreviate Joey C for a reason, and the two new Internationals...no idea. Still, Adama Sanogo has been here 3 years and his name is easy! Also, there is no P in Samson! It's an old testament name! And a movie!

Reaction Score
We abbreviate Joey C for a reason, and the two new Internationals...no idea. Still, Adama Sanogo has been here 3 years and his name is easy! Also, there is no P in Samson! It's an old testament name! And a movie!
O.K. I will make an exception for Joey Calcaterra. Unless you're Italian, then there's no excuse. :)

Reaction Score
The best chance they have is getting AS and DC into foul trouble, have their players dribble right into them and hope for the best. And just hope that we're on an off shooting night

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I’m not the biggest X & O guy but I’m lost, no glaring weaknesses or constant problems at this juncture. Good to self-evaluate, would make us even stronger. How would you game plan against UConn?
Rod? Rod Strickland? Is that you?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rod? Rod Strickland? Is that you?
1670618079104.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"They thought they had a chance to win the game tonight, so, they did not."

Jackson’s reaction makes that all the better!

Reaction Score
Have not posted on here in a while, man you are guys good......let's see, I think Cooley switches to a defensive lineup in this one. Don't know if you guys seen Carter yet, but he's on Hawkins and he will get about 2 steals, that's a given....your handle better be tight. Play off of Jackson, if he's hitting, then we got a live with it. Croswell is a big boy, Sanogo will get his but all Croswell will make it tough. For Clingan, I thinking you have to put him in pick and roll situations and try to get him in foul trouble. On offense I don't see anyone on Uconn that can stop Hopkins. I think we can attack karaban hopefully the 3 ball is falling......that's what I got

Hopkins is better than I thought LOL, unstoppable now huh. And poor Hawkins, won't get a shot off.
Hope Sanogo gets 40 or we have no shot and to think I thought we could at least split with PC this year.

Of course it all depends on whether you get the 2-16 Bynum or one that makes a few shots once in a while.

Reaction Score
yeah it does as well as Hawkins' smirk. It's funny because Adama isn't purposely trash talking, he is being serious and says it so nonchalantly :p
The Hawkins smirk did it for me, like Sanogo regular unintentionally says some funny ish.

Reaction Score
The Alabama game was closer than the final score. So I'd watch that game. Attempt to do what Alabama was doing during the stretches of the game where we got outplayed.

Reaction Score
The Alabama game was closer than the final score. So I'd watch that game. Attempt to do what Alabama was doing during the stretches of the game where we got outplayed.
I believe that was "make 3s and then flop".

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Play extremely tight perimeter D, force UConn guards to actually attempt to drive and make lay ups, but don’t pull weak side help off Sonago or Clingan cuz they will kill you on the oops.

Full court trapping zone. 1-2-2 or 2-2-1 depending on your personnel.

I like both these, although I would switch defenses up the whole game. Give UConn a lot of different looks.

On offense, I would lean on ball movement over penetration, going inside-out for 3's. Run lots of pick-and-rolls against UConn's man defense because you might get Sanogo in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
If you can get Sanogo, Jackson, and Karaban off the floor in foul trouble you have a chance. Targeting Sanogo on the block and we already know that Jackson and Karaban have an issue with reaching.. Make the guards beat you, that's the only chance really.

This really isn't realistic because the bench is so deep and talented that someone else would find a way.

Reaction Score
The toughest thing is that an opposing coach can draw draw up the perfect game plan to stop UConn and they’re still going to have to execute near-flawlessly on offense, which is probably even more challenging as defense is much less prone to cold stretches. This team has been blowing people out but they’re built well for a rock fight as well. Feels like any loss is going to require a significant amount of luck at the 3 point line for an opponent.

Reaction Score
I think getting the most talented player on the floor a few games under his belt and then getting the best player from a final four team back from injury might do the trick …

Reaction Score
I think getting the most talented player on the floor a few games under his belt and then getting the best player from a final four team back from injury might do the trick …
You really should lower your expectations for Moore post achilles.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
200.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom