How will the Oline look A.D. (After DeLeone) vs. USF? | The Boneyard

How will the Oline look A.D. (After DeLeone) vs. USF?

How will the Oline look A.D. (After DeLeone) vs. USF?

• Zone gets completely scrapped, Oline immediately resembles the Edsall era

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • The Oline schema remains unchanged, Weis believes in the system, a work in progress

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Zone blocking remains, but is simplified signficantly

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Zone gets scrapped but will take more than two weeks to adjust.

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

How much of a change/improvement can we expect with Foley back in place, or are we expecting too much too soon?

Reaction Score
How much of a change/improvement can we expect with Foley back in place, or are we expecting too much too soon?

The talent is what it is at this point. What I expect to see is Coach Foley assessing the strengths and weaknesses, and playing to the teams strengths, while trying to hide it's weaknesses. I expect more chip blocks on the outside for the one, and more blocking schemes that create space by movement, not by one on one blocks.

Reaction Score
I go with #3.

Hint. hint:

Andrew Callahan@UConnFB_Andrew 4h
Weist says offensive line could have things simplified. Want them to play, not think. Have to react to and handle the blitz.

TJW also utilized zone-blocking schemes as well as man on schemes in Cincy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's how I see it going down (perhaps a naïve view):

1) Foley reinstates his original blocking schemes.
2) Look for Bullock to be a starter, either as the new starting center or as the RG. He's familiar with Foley's system and played in games under it a couple of years ago.
3) With Friend back, four of the five starters will have had DIRECT game experience under Foley's system. That leaves possibly Mateas as the only one without, but perhaps can adjust to the system better as the center.
4) The running game returns.
5) The sack numbers go way down.
6) The INT's go down, regardless of who starts at QB.

That's my view of what I think the rest of the season will look like. We'll see how many wins that will translate to. In my honest opinion, I think we are going bowling...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
One name for you all boys... Kevin Friend. If he's healthy the OL will improve some. Him being injured has hurt us. And if Shak is healthy our Offense should impove- even under Chandler.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Here's how I see it going down (perhaps a naïve view):

1) Foley reinstates his original blocking schemes.
2) Look for Bullock to be a starter, either as the new starting center or as the RG. He's familiar with Foley's system and played in games under it a couple of years ago.
3) With Friend back, four of the five starters will have had DIRECT game experience under Foley's system. That leaves possibly Mateas as the only one without, but perhaps can adjust to the system better as the center.
4) The running game returns.
5) The sack numbers go way down.
6) The INT's go down, regardless of who starts at QB.

That's my view of what I think the rest of the season will look like. We'll see how many wins that will translate to. In my honest opinion, I think we are going bowling...

I hate to say it but I think most of the zone system will stay, albeit simplified. It's part of the offense that they have been running. I think the simplify statement means we will put a higher degree of Power Run in the mix.

But I also see now that Foley will be turned loose to work the guys, what aren't they getting or doing right, and change the approach to applying the basics of it. If Foley has the the personal connection that GDL didn't, that can make a difference in a guy trying harder to learn a skill.

We will all find out the transition as the year goes along, I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom