How was anyone not rooting for Nova? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How was anyone not rooting for Nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm happy for Villanova but happier that UNC lost. Let's see what they come up with so they can push the NCAA investigation further down the line. Their program should have received the death penalty but it's UNC so a very light tap on the wrist is in order.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nova winning falls under Rule #1. The current AAC version of UConn doesn't need any validation of another NE school or the Big East in general. Without the old heavies in the league, the C7 has had a bit of a renaissance. Hopefully, we get P5 and the money gap keeps them down where they belong the ungrateful bastards.

A UNC win would be brushed off as a cheating scandal and might bring a bigger hammer from the NCAA. UNC is also not going anywhere so another title doesn't change anything really.

Reaction Score
I root for whomever affects UCONN's program?
I hate UNC and am glad Roy didn't get his third. But recruiting wise, I'm more worried about Villanova grabbing more NYC kids.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Because if UNC won I would of won money...

Reaction Score
We're not in the BE. We play Tulsa, not northeast teams.

We lost Omari Spellman to Villanova.

I definitely agree with Jax on this one. These teams are our competition.

Let me put it to you this way: In the 1980s, BC had John Garris, Michael Adams, John Bagley, Jay Murphy, all Connecticut boys. Villanova had John Pinone, Harold Jensen, Harold Pressley. All Connecticut boys.

Do you think UConn's rise had anything to do with their fall? I do. It's not just Connecticut keeping Chris Smith and Burrell at home. No. It is also Connecticut taking kids from Massachusetts as well. Ed Pinckney for instance was a Bronx kid. If he were 10 years younger, does he go to Nova or UConn.

These concerns are real.

When you listen to Abu from NC State talk, and Jalen Adams, and Wayne Selden from Kansas, they all say they grew up as UConn fans. These kids grew up with it. But of course Abu and Selden ended up elsewhere. If UConn's status hadn't changed, I don't think Selden and Abu get away.

UConn is in a dogfight for recruits against Villanova. You think Kevin Ollie wouldn't love to have Omari Spellman on the team next year?
UConn isn't in a dogfight for recruits with Villanova. We almost never go head to head with Nova for recruits and we weren't a serious player for Omari Spellman. We go head to head with UNC for recruits much more than we do with Nova but don't let the truth get in the way of your narrative.

Reaction Score
UConn isn't in a dogfight for recruits with Villanova. We almost never go head to head with Nova for recruits and we weren't a serious player for Omari Spellman. We go head to head with UNC for recruits much more than we do with Nova but don't let the truth get in the way of your narrative.

Every other kid that showed up at First Night 2014 with Omari was a prime target for recruiting. The others were Jalen Adams, Steven Enoch, VJ King, Zack Brown, Nate-Pierre Louis, Tremont Waters, and Jermaine Samuels. He must have been the one kid out of the bunch they UConn wasn't a serious player for.

I have to question anyone who doesn't believe we will be recruiting against Nova especially given the fact that Nova has been recruiting in NYC over the years.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Villanova is a great program right now, and we'll have to compete with them. Sure it's indirectly good that they have helped continue the high profile of Northeast basketball; however, I'm not gonna sit and pretend it would be good for UCONN if Providence and St. Johns are making Sweet 16s just so Uconn has top tier teams to play within a bus ride.

Reaction Score
I tried to root for Villanova. I just couldn't do it. I was hoping the game would end in a tie.

Reaction Score
I tried to root for Villanova. I just couldn't do it. I was hoping the game would end in a tie.

Did you forget to turn off the Buffalo Wild Wings button after the first ridiculous, game-swinging 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom