Truth is since Aubrey was injured they have
Played one quality team ND and got beat at home

If we get into foul trouble and any stater is out
Fir more than a min or two would be pleasantly
Surprised if we stay competitive

I expect UConn to play well and if nothing else
Tell us if the ND game was a one off

Reaction Score
I agree that we have the two best players in the game. I remember the men’s NCAA tournament when Bill Bradley played for Princeton (yes, I’m in my 70’s). He won games against better teams by himself. We could do that with Paige and AE. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I never watch SC. Does Dawn press? I’m pretty worried that they will press us right off the floor with their superior numbers. I hope Geno has them prepared for it if it does happen! My biggest concern is injuries and/or foul trouble. I’ve made my peace with whatever the outcome is, win or lose, I just hope we play well and arrive back home healthy!
If, against all odds, we were to somehow win this game, it really wouldn’t mean much except for a few days of sticking our chests out on the ‘Yard! Sure, it might make for a better seed in the tournament but the bottom line is, we are still undersized and undermanned and will need the same amount of good things to happen in order for us to win #12. I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t even get the credit anyway, as the media will likely say SC was shorthanded! :oops:
Don’t get me wrong, I still desperately hope and pray that we can somehow push through and win it all! But I have to admit, I just want all this injury-riddled, shorthanded Bull*§€* to be over! I want to be able to watch a fully healthy, fully intact UConn team warming up, being introduced, and playing to its capabilities throughout the season!Head bang I want to see Geno and CD being able to coach all of their players in practice and in games without having to worry about who is available! I suppose that‘s a lot to ask, but nevertheless, that’s my dream!!!

Reaction Score
Good point. Against LSU, I believe had not Reese fouled out, LSU would have beaten SC--they were up by 12 at one point......
Carolina took the lead at the 5:59 point in the fourth quarter, Reese had not fouled out yet.

Reaction Score
Given our short bench, we may need to play a stretch zone for 15 minutes in this game. This would aide our rebound and lessen drives to the hoop by fast SC guards. Keeping the score close and low are a key. Value the ball with fewer then 12 turnovers. KK needs to be the disrupter and continue to penetrate. She will need some rest as will Paige to stay fresh. Let SC try and beat us from outside. If we keep the game under a 10 point spread, anything can happen. We are excellent foul shooters. Huskies should push that aspect by driving more.

Reaction Score
Given our short bench, we may need to play a stretch zone for 15 minutes in this game. This would aide our rebound and lessen drives to the hoop by fast SC guards. Keeping the score close and low are a key. Value the ball with fewer then 12 turnovers. KK needs to be the disrupter and continue to penetrate. She will need some rest as will Paige to stay fresh. Let SC try and beat us from outside. If we keep the game under a 10 point spread, anything can happen. We are excellent foul shooters. Huskies should push that aspect by driving more.
Not a chance with the zone especially with
Playing 4 guards
Would get killed on the glass sc is not the teams of past years the are a good shooting and often play 3 guards not the defensive team like the past but imho the best offensive team in the country expect a high scoring game
If the starters stay out of foul trouble and

Uconn
Does not have lulls in scoring I believe they
Can be in the game with 5
Minutes to go

Reaction Score
It's not the first time Uconn has entered hostile territory and was told they had no chance. Uconn at Tenn. NC game 1995. Don't remember the year, ND NC. Geno has always said that for some reason Uconn always goes into another level of play for these games. Another attitude and another sense that this is their game and will not lose. I GO ALONG WITH GENO.
They have not the last couple years. Today was no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom