How UConn Beats ND | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How UConn Beats ND

Reaction Score
I think jackie Young is ND's Gabby Williams. Better offensively but brings all the things and does all the things Gabby did for UCONN last yr.
So she’s the best defensive player in the country??

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I understand how some see UConn as an underHusky here, but I'm not buying it. A team that has won 147 of 149 (check my math), with the two losses being OT buzzer beaters in the Final Four, is not an underdog to anybody. Not yet, not without more evidence than that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Blaming the refs in anticipation of a UConn loss is beneath UConn's fans.
Yes, this is a tic that has suddenly become commonplace. It's just weak.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I understand how some see UConn as an underHusky here, but I'm not buying it. A team that has won 147 of 149 (check my math), with the two losses being OT buzzer beaters in the Final Four, is not an underdog to anybody. Not yet, not without more evidence than that.
Look at who won the last head-to-head, who won the last national championship, and compare personnel gains/losses since then. It's really not a tough call.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Look at who won the last head-to-head, who won the last national championship, and compare personnel gains/losses since then. It's really not a tough call.

I see it as a very tough call. ND is loaded, but so is UConn. It's not like last year was a convincing win. Could have gone either way.

If ND takes care of business today, then I may be closer to you in opinion.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I see it as a very tough call. ND is loaded, but so is UConn. It's not like last year was a convincing win. Could have gone either way.

If ND takes care of business today, then I may be closer to you in opinion.
I'm not saying that UConn can't win the game today. That's why they play the games. But ND is the clear favorite. There's a reason why they're the unanimous #1 in the polls.

And I'm fine with that. Let ND bear the burden of being the clear favorite for a change. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I just saw the spread on the game.

UConn is favored by 2 1/2.

Where did you see that? I haven't found any official lines. They're pretty rare in WCBB in my experience, but this would be a game I'd expect to see a line on.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Where did you see that? I haven't found any official lines. They're pretty rare in WCBB in my experience, but this would be a game I'd expect to see a line on.
I believe that he's just referring to the Massey line (which is actually not a betting line). Massey has UConn as a 2 1/2 point favorite, but that is based partly on last season's results. By the end of December I would guess that it will be based solely on this season, but I'm not sure when his model discontinues using last season's data as initial conditions.

Reaction Score
This site irritates me sometimes. In the link above put sport bet without the space between www and com

Line is down to 1 1/2 now.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
This site irritates me sometimes. In the link above put sport bet without the space between www and com

Thank you, but that site is just using Massey to set its initial line. You can see that most of the games are the same as Massey. That might explain why UConn was initially a 2 1/2 point favorite. But once people start betting on the game, the line would move. So I guess the early bets have been for ND (getting 2 1/2 points at home is pretty nice!)

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

Thanks. No line on MSU-Texas. Maybe because of the UT injuries?

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Thank you, but that site is just using Massey to set its initial line. You can see that most of the games are the same as Massey. That might explain why UConn was initially a 2 1/2 point favorite. But once people start betting on the game, the line would move. So I guess the early bets have been for ND (getting 2 1/2 points at home is pretty nice!)

Most betting lines use computer ratings as a starting point so it seems logical their line would be close to Massey.

Reaction Score
So she’s the best defensive player in the country??
ND's version of Gabby Williams, not the country's version of Williams. What they are saying is Jackie rebounds, defends, and assists at a high-level for ND. Those are things that Gabby did too. Gabby was a better rebounder and defender. I think they're assists are about party. Jackie is the more complete and better offensive player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom