How trip home helped Ashlynn Shade find confidence and 'dig deep' | The Boneyard

How trip home helped Ashlynn Shade find confidence and 'dig deep'

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Gifted article

So Matt gave Ashlynn the only advice he knew. He told her to be competitive, to play her heart out in practice and work just as hard if not harder than anyone else. If she wanted playing time, then she was going to have to stand out.

Despite all its good intentions, the advice backfired. Instead of fueling Ashlynn, it brought pressure and nerves.

Ashlynn could see Auriemma and the team had confidence in her. He wouldn’t have put her in the lineup if he didn’t. Her teammates knew what she was capable of and now it was her turn to see if for herself. They didn’t need her to be what they were missing with the injuries. They needed her to be Ashlynn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In three years the team has been met with critical disappointments and we rode along, but the freshmen sure haven't been in that category. Far from it, their energy, ability and joy in the doing are so refreshing and satisfying.

PS. Geno I didn't mean satisfying. It's on your family crest is it? Never Satisfied.

Reaction Score
When I think of Shade, the term "fearless" comes to mind. She is also one of the smartest players to ever wear the UConn uniform. May not be the fastest, best shooter, etc. but will always be in position to make a play or in the best position to shoot, rebound, or play defense.

Reaction Score
Hoping for her to get back on track tomorrow! She has become one of my favorite players. I remember her saying after her visit that that just knew UConn was for her. The thing is, she’s perfect for UConn as well! It’s hard to imagine a better match than Ashlynn Shade and UConn!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom