How Top 16 Has Fared / Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How Top 16 Has Fared / Bracketology

Reaction Score
Just 1 game left.

1615675958441.png

Reaction Score
WV's win today and the MoSt situation puts WV as the team to move to a 4 seed.

Barring something wacky tmow, here's my bracket:

A: Stanf | Loui | Geor | Ark
B: UConn | Bayl | Ariz | Ky
C: TxA&M | Mary | UCLA | WV
D: SoCar | NCSt | Tenn | Ind

Reaction Score
Here's the committee top 16 (based on games through 2/27), and how they've done since. And I've added the 5 teams that I think have a shot to break into the top 16. Oregon, for one, will surely fall out, so at least one team will enter.

Notes
  • I'm giving the PAC title to Stanford.
  • Card has been so impressive in the PAC tourney I think them taking over as #1 is possible
  • Note TX A&M was ahead of So Carolina before beating them last Sunday. I think they remain there.
  • SC & NC St are a tossup at 4/5, but give NCSt the edge based on the win.
  • Kentucky & Arkansas probably hang on despite upset losses because no compelling team to take over. But B12 & B10 tourneys to come.
Right now I'd say
A: UConn/Stan | Louisville | Georgia | Arkansas
B: Stan/UConn | Baylor | Indiana | Kentucky
C: Texas A& M | Maryland | Arizona | W Virginia
D: No Caro St | SoCarolina | UCLA | Tenn

View attachment 65443
Don't ignore Maryland. They jumped on Iowa, beat them by 20 and the game was never in doubt. Won Big ten Tourney in a walk.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Don't ignore Maryland. They jumped on Iowa, beat them by 20 and the game was never in doubt. Won Big ten Tourney in a walk.
Probably the most dangerous team in the field. I want no part of Maryland as long as possible in the upcoming tournament! One of the #1 seeds is going to be really angry that Maryland is their 2-seed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Probably the most dangerous team in the field. I want no part of Maryland as long as possible in the upcoming tournament! One of the #1 seeds is going to be really angry that Maryland is their 2-seed.
Most likely will be A&M on collision course with Maryland, imo. Maryland will almost certainly be the overall #6.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Most likely will be A&M on collision course with Maryland, imo.
Agree. Hard to see the committee picking Baylor as #6 overall ahead of Maryland. Would be an interesting matchup between A&M and Maryland in the Elite 8...two title winning coaches who rarely get a lot of love in the national scene, and both are front runners for NCOY.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Agree. Hard to see the committee picking Baylor as #6 overall ahead of Maryland. Would be an interesting matchup between A&M and Maryland in the Elite 8...two title winning coaches who rarely get a lot of love in the national scene, and both are front runners for NCOY.
Not if the committee meant what they said when they put Maryland #6 and Baylor #8 as of two weeks ago.

Since then Maryland has collected wins over Northwestern (twice), Michigan and Iowa.
While Baylor, assuming they win tomorrow, will have added wins over WV (twice) and Texas (twice).

Should be pretty much a wash, no way these recent results should be enough to vault Baylor past MD.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
In all reality can anyone really think that Maryland doesn't rank ahead of SC. I am no fan of either team, just can't see SC keeping pace with Maryland. As such I have to put Maryland ahead of SC and think that with the pace they play and score, the size and skill Stanford brings to the tourney Maryland and Stanford are the 2 teams I want to avoid till the last game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom