How to put Sports Money to work for You? | The Boneyard

How to put Sports Money to work for You?

Money is tight in UConn Sports ... what is more important to you?

• Fix UConn Football?

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Fix Gampel Roof?

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn Football has been disappointing this year. There have been many suggestions to fix it and none are cheap.

Reaction Score
Money can fix a roof and it stays fixed; when money fixes a football team, NCAA probation often follows....

But I'd vote for neither. UConn is world class at WCBB, MCBB, and polo. But I'd vote for plowing every dime into undergraduate academics (especially the honors program). Uconn is on a real roll there, and has a very solid chance of getting to the next level. When it does, the legislature, despite facing very difficult budgetary decisions, will be more inclined to vote money for more things, including athletics.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Isn't it considered dumb to put good money into bad investments?:rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No third option?!!
Build a new arena on the corner of 32 and 44. (or 44 and 195)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I recognize that it is likely not to be the popular opinion on this board, but "fixing football" is critical to the success of the athletic department for many reasons. It is kind of a false comparison to say "fix football or fix Gampel" as fixing football isn't a discrete one time expenditure. We're it, we'd to in a heartbeat as the ROI would be huge.

A better comparison is "fix the Gampel roof (@$2 million) or buy out Coach Diaco's contract" (@$3 million in January.) I suspect that you'd get a very different answer depending on which board you posted the poll.

Last edited:

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Gampel is like grandma's old beat up car....it still functions fine but grandma sure isn't putting more money into it seeing it's age and not very much worth it. I'm sure she will just eventually buy a new car. Gampel is just under 30 yrs old...let's net a few more NC banners and petition for a bigger arena to fit them all! :p

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Best investment in sports that comes to mind (48 hours late!:rolleyes:) is betting the "over" in the Pitt vs. Syracuse football(!) game yesterday. Final score, 76-61; 137 total points.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom