How to guard Jaedon leedee | Page 8 | The Boneyard

How to guard Jaedon leedee

Reaction Score
How is Ledee going to guard Donovan and not foul out? Can't score from the bench.
They’re going to have to give him help. No way they’re going to ask LeDee to D up Clingan one-on-one all game. But that’s a tough ask too with Clingan’s passing and the team’s cutting ability.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Nothing to see here. Is LeDee better than the version we faced last year? Yes. Are all our returning players better than last year's versions? Yes. He was not a matchup nightmare last year and I do not foresee him being a matchup nightmare this game either.

Reaction Score
They’re going to have to give him help. No way they’re going to ask LeDee to D up Clingan one-on-one all game. But that’s a tough ask too with Clingan’s passing and the team’s cutting ability.
Was a rhetorical question. But we agree on the benefits of Donovan's talents and our motion offense as an answer.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We're going to have to find a non-Clingan solution at some point because LeDee will play 35+ minutes and Clingan isn't going to go much more than 28. Johnson trying to slow him 1 on 1 will get ugly.

Samson won't guard him one on one much, they'll double down for sure when he's in.

Reaction Score
Samson won't guard him one on one much, they'll double down for sure when he's in.
The more I think about it, the more I think our defensive gameplan has to involve a good amount of double-teaming by our guards on LeDee, especially when Clingan is out, but even when he's in.

SDSU is a bad outside shooting team. The way you beat double-teams that use a guard to help the big is by passing to the perimeter and either taking the immediate shot or getting a hockey assist. But if you don't hit 3s the defense isn't punished for the double-team.

It's a little risky, since an underdog getting uncharacteristically hot from 3 is one way you increase the variance, which favorites generally don't want to do, but on the other hand it also helps mitigate one of the other big risks, which is Clingan getting into foul trouble trying to defend 1 on 1.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sounds bad.

Let’s have Andrew Hurley punch him straight in the throat right off the bat
Bold of you to assume Andrew Hurley would agree to fight Leedee. Send Yousouff or someone with a fighters chance.

Reaction Score
Bold of you to assume Andrew Hurley would agree to fight Leedee. Send Yousouff or someone with a fighters chance.

Andrew is a Hurley. Can’t hide from genetics.
They are a a bit crazy.. He’d be fine.

Reaction Score
Insane take. Ledee is an excellent player and will get his, but Clingan is going to make it painful, and the rest of that team can barely put the ball in the hoop. Out-toughing this team defensively is not the way to win. We will play that game too and have way more offensive talent.
Most really good defensive teams are great scoring teams and thats the big problem when facing Uconn. We are elite on both sides of the court. Opposing teams are most likely not going to score 70 and we arent likely to score under 70.

Reaction Score
Think we figured out how to guard him
He hit all of those top of the key shots that we were worried about at the beginning, and then he didn't, or we forced him into other things (baseline jumpers).

Reaction Score
He hit some shots but was clearly bothered by Clingan’s size all game. Took a lot of low percentage shots and kept him out of his high percentage looks.
I am here at the game. Ledee was cooking in the beginning and had me worried. I am glad UConn won so convincingly. My heart can't take a close game like the 1999 final final against Duke. That is the last postseason UConn I attended in person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom