How to guard Jaedon leedee | The Boneyard

How to guard Jaedon leedee

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He's a 24 year old 240 lb man, as the Aztecs are one of the oldest teams in the nation. But they were one of the oldest teams last year too. That's their coach' s MO.

And he's no Kawi Leonard ;)

BTW: We create more problems for them than they do for us

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's a good thing Boston isn't at altitude.

Doom3.jpg

caw

Reaction Score
Bigs like Leedee can score on Clingan, they have actually done decently against him this year, but they rarely can do enough to win the game alone. If SDSU comes back down off their shooting high nobody else scares me on that team.

Reaction Score
The guy is just asking about matching up with the opponents best player and what strategy we use. You don't think Hurley will have a plan on how we defend him? Doesn't deserve the "insane" and "dumb" responses.
I think the reaction is based on the assertion that we don’t have a player than can match up physically with Ledee one on one after Clingan just ended NU’s will to live. We have the most dominant defensive big in the country. Ledee will get his but suggesting there is a huge mismatch here is a wild take.

Reaction Score
LeDee will be a problem -- he will pull Clingan out to the perimeter and will post up Johnson, both of which our guys are uncomfortable with -- but he can't beat us by himself. To be honest, my biggest concern is him getting every single foul call and us having to play small most of the game.

They'll have to have another unbelievable shooting game like they did against Yale, while hoping that we stay cold.

Reaction Score
LeDee will be a problem -- he will pull Clingan out to the perimeter and will post up Johnson, both of which our guys are uncomfortable with -- but he can't beat us by himself.

They'll have to have another unbelievable shooting game like they did against Yale, while hoping that we stay cold.
Ledee shoots just over one three a game. The most he’s attempted in a game this season is 3. If our defensive game plan ends in him jacking 3’s and midrange shots all night, we’re going to beat the snot out of them. Clingan can sag off of him and still effectively close out. If he hits one or two threes, he hits one or two threes.

Reaction Score
Let Clingan play him 1 on 1 and live with whatever happens. If Clingan stays out of foul trouble then he’ll make LeDee work hard for everything

Double the post if it’s Samson or Karaban. This team is REALLY good at rotating defensively, and SDSU is not a good shooting team. 301st in 3P%. Torched Yale for 13-27, but was 5-18 against UAB

SDSU is LeDee and not much else. Even if LeDee shreds us for 20+, keep everyone else in check, play to our identity, and I feel good with it

Reaction Score
I was thinking that Ledee was a 4 for them--I had that wrong.

Yeah, Clingan will be able to swallow him up at the rim. Let him take his 3s or mid-range Js. Might actually be a game where Samson can get some effective run. He's got the athleticism and length to give Ledee fits if he does go off on the perimeter and neutralizes DC so we need to go offense/defense.

The more important question is going to be how can they guard US? Particularly in the half-court. Ledee is going to give up 5 inches and 25+lbs on the defensive end. Clingan is going to bully him at will. Their backup big is Karaban's size.

They don't have a single double-digit scorer other than Ledee. We will have more size at EVERY SINGLE POSITION.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
As long as we execute on the offensive end, I don't see how they have the fire power to keep up even if LeeDee goes off. Not that I would expect us to try to run them out of the gym in an uptempo game, I think we play in a similar style to how we just played Northwestern. Take transition if it's there, otherwise run a methodical offense to break down their D and get a good shot with under 12 seconds on the clock.

Make them "out-efficiency" us on their offensive end. Lock down the other 4 guys around LeeDee and we will be solid.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Insane take. Ledee is an excellent player and will get his, but Clingan is going to make it painful, and the rest of that team can barely put the ball in the hoop. Out-toughing this team defensively is not the way to win. We will play that game too and have way more offensive talent.
Sand Diego shot 53% overall and 48% from the 3 pt vs Yale Some folks on that team can put the ball through the hoop regardless of your ascertain.

Reaction Score
LeDee will be a problem -- he will pull Clingan out to the perimeter and will post up Johnson, both of which our guys are uncomfortable with -- but he can't beat us by himself. To be honest, my biggest concern is him getting every single foul call and us having to play small most of the game.

Let ledee shoot 3s all day. He may go 4-15.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom