How the Coaches Voted Each Week | The Boneyard

How the Coaches Voted Each Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Big East teams will miss having Jose Fernandez of South Florida as a voter. The last 3 weeks he dialed in Big East teams to the last 4 slots on his ballot, which meant that numbers 16-20 often saw some gymnastics with teams dropping from that range to completely off the ballot.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I noticed that June Daugherty of Washington favored the PAC12 teams significantly more than anyone else.

OTH, I noticed a number of coaches were very close to spot-on. As a friend pointed out, some coaches actually try to do the responsibility as best they can, some delegate to someone on staff they actually think will do it better, and some "mail it in" or have someone "mail it in" for them. Would be interesting to know who was who, if you know what I mean.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Muffet said a few weeks ago that she was "anxious" to know who the 3 coaches were who voted Notre Dame lower than UConn before the 2nd match-up. Now we know: Joi Williams (UCF), Paul Thomas (St Mary's) and Brooks Donald-Williams (McNeese). No more Golden Dome Christmas cards for them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor fans were wondering who the holdouts were that seemed determined not to vote for Baylor down the stretch. I can't see this report so maybe someone can fill me in?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Baylor fans were wondering who the holdouts were that seemed determined not to vote for Baylor down the stretch. I can't see this report so maybe someone can fill me in?
Jose Fernandez from the BE. One week, also Kathy Delaney Smith of the Ivy (Harvard). That's for the period after you beat UConn.

In fact, Jose Fenandez voted Baylor #1 only the first week. Then UConn, until he switched to Notre Dame. He seems to have (usually) voted Baylor #2.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Jose Fernandez from the BE. One week, also Kathy Delaney Smith of the Ivy (Harvard). That's for the period after you beat UConn.

In fact, Jose Fenandez voted Baylor #1 only the first week. Then UConn, until he switched to Notre Dame. He seems to have (usually) voted Baylor #2.

I guess head-to-head road wins don't impress him like it does most. And I guess coaching at Harvard doesn't make a person as smart as the name of the university would imply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom