How the BY25 has fared | The Boneyard

How the BY25 has fared

Reaction Score
Study guide for your next round of rankings.

1611980089047.png

Attachments

• 1611980027942.png
    1611980027942.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 88
Reaction Score
The NC State loss isn't so legitimate, because they're still minus their megastar post. Ohio State is beginning to look like a major force!!

Reaction Score
The NC State loss isn't so legitimate, because they're still minus their megastar post. Ohio State is beginning to look like a major force!!
NC State hasn’t passed the eye test all year. They should have lost to BC if not for the refs helping them earlier this year and we know BC isn’t an awesome team.

Reaction Score
those pesky refs ?
I live in Kentucky. According to a vocal group of fans, If it weren't for the refs the Kentucky men's team would have a 30-season undefeated streak going. A couple fans on the Louisville boards are already complaining about the offensive fouls that will not be called on Cunane Monday night. I've seen the comments here about Dungee's push-offs on Thursday.

I think that WBB officiating could be better, but I don't think that the officials deserve most of the blame than fans give them after losses.

There was, however, that non-call at the end of regulation in Columbus in 2018.....

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I live in Kentucky. According to a vocal group of fans, If it weren't for the refs the Kentucky men's team would have a 30-season undefeated streak going. A couple fans on the Louisville boards are already complaining about the offensive fouls that will not be called on Cunane Monday night.
Can't get offensive fouls if you're sitting on the bench. Louisville is catching a break Monday night, as Cunane will only see limited minutes and won't play the entire game. So. tell your message board buddies to grab their fiddles, their favorite bottle of moonshine and get ready to have a good ole' time Monday night.

We have other weapons to make up for any lost minutes by Cunane. I'm more worried about the stamina of the team with two starters only a week removed from COVID protocol; they looked gassed toward the end of the VaTech game Thursday.

Reaction Score
Here’s why I have, from day one on my BY top 25 entries had UConn at #1 - above Louisville:

Louisville Opponent/ Opponent’s Massey Rsting Rank/ Louisville’s Margin Of Victory
_________ _____________ ______________

N. Kentucky/ 99/ 10 Points

Va Tech/ 42/ 4 Points

Wake Forest / 41/ 2 Points

Miami / 64/ 3 Points

No Carolina / 46/ 11 Points

Louisville has been stumbling through it’s season eeking out victories over three opponents with an average Massey ranking of 49 by an average difference of three(3!) points and beating a total of five opponents with an average Massey ranking of 74.4 by a massive average difference of six(6!) points.

Yes, UConn lost to Arkansas - Massey Rank 18 - by three points. But, compared to the above “blowout wins” by Louisville, I submit that that loss is a nothing-burger.

Yes, Louisville beat DePaul by 41. But UConn beat them by 23 and 33 and Doug and Geno are good buddies(Geno’s foot off the pedal, maybe?)

So, based on the numbers above, I submit that Louisville is definitely below UConn vis-a-vis other teams each have played.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Louisville's game against Northern Kentucky followed a nearly three-week layoff. You try doing anything competitive in the sport universe and see how YOU fare after a prolonged time off.

In the North Carolina game, Louisville was up 35 points before relaxing and allowing UNC to come back. And that was their 7th game in 20 days. The team is tired and needs a rest.

But you keep doing what you do.

Reaction Score
Louisville's game against Northern Kentucky followed a nearly three-week layoff. You try doing anything competitive in the sport universe and see how YOU fare after a prolonged time off.

In the North Carolina game, Louisville was up 35 points before relaxing and allowing UNC to come back. And that was their 7th game in 20 days. The team is tired and needs a rest.

But you keep doing what you do.
You're pretty angry for a visiting fan.

No one is slamming NCST or Louisville players, teams or their character. UConn fans (and others) are simply giving their opinion on a UConn message board. While I did state above that NCST hasn't passed the eye test for me, that was just a statement where I was expressing that I wasn't surprised that they had been defeated as an example. Similarly, I am not surprised that UConn lost this week.

You speak as though you are a current D1 women's basketball player and have personally played through Covid.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
You're pretty angry for a visiting fan.

No one is slamming NCST or Louisville players, teams or their character. UConn fans (and others) are simply giving their opinion on a UConn message board. While I did state above that NCST hasn't passed the eye test for me, that was just a statement where I was expressing that I wasn't surprised that they had been defeated as an example. Similarly, I am not surprised that UConn lost this week.

You speak as though you are a current D1 women's basketball player and have personally played through Covid.
No...I'm just pointing out that you have to look at the circumstances and can't simply go by computer ratings, which seems to be the basis of your ranking system.

Reaction Score
Here’s why I have, from day one on my BY top 25 entries had UConn at #1 - above Louisville:

Louisville Opponent/ Opponent’s Massey Rsting Rank/ Louisville’s Margin Of Victory
_________ _____________ ______________

N. Kentucky/ 99/ 10 Points

Va Tech/ 42/ 4 Points

Wake Forest / 41/ 2 Points

Miami / 64/ 3 Points

No Carolina / 46/ 11 Points

Louisville has been stumbling through it’s season eeking out victories over three opponents with an average Massey ranking of 49 by an average difference of three(3!) points and beating a total of five opponents with an average Massey ranking of 74.4 by a massive average difference of six(6!) points.

Yes, UConn lost to Arkansas - Massey Rank 18 - by three points. But, compared to the above “blowout wins” by Louisville, I submit that that loss is a nothing-burger.

Yes, Louisville beat DePaul by 41. But UConn beat them by 23 and 33 and Doug and Geno are good buddies(Geno’s foot off the pedal, maybe?)

So, based on the numbers above, I submit that Louisville is definitely below UConn vis-a-vis other teams each have played.
I give the Cards their due. They've taken care of all their business and UConn hasn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom