How tall is Napheesa Collier REALLY? | The Boneyard

How tall is Napheesa Collier REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have a look --she is as tall as Katie Lou!!

AR-151109548.jpg&maxW=471&maxH=268

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well not exactly. KLS is clearly leaning to her left and besides that she has her short rolled ever so slightly, which creates an optical illusion that her legs are longer than they appear to be. Besides if you apply the proper magnification and photo shopping to the background of the hand side only , two rows up Bria hartley can be clearly spotted wearing a UCONN sweatshirt. Now if we were to account for the the difference of two rows (standard american rise = 7 inches) and draw a horizontal line at eye level between KLS and Pheeses one can obviously conclude that KLS is taller than Bria Hartley.

Reaction Score
Well not exactly. KLS is clearly leaning to her left and besides that she has her short rolled ever so slightly, which creates an optical illusion that her legs are longer than they appear to be. Besides if you apply the proper magnification and photo shopping to the background of the hand side only , two rows up Bria hartley can be clearly spotted wearing a UCONN sweatshirt. Now if we were to account for the the difference of two rows (standard american rise = 7 inches) and draw a horizontal line at eye level between KLS and Pheeses one can obviously conclude that KLS is taller than Bria Hartley.

Obviously--it's a popsicle seclusion. The angle from Katie Lou to Hartley as measure is 29.872 degrees, the NSA sat measure distance is 39.173
feet, assuming Katie lou is 6 ft 3 inches tall --well you do the math!! Is Hartley really 7 ft tall?
All I was really trying to do was to show just how beautiful is this years recruiting class. And a great picture.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I would be as concerned with length as I am with height. KLS had a highlight steal at the Vanguard game that was absolutely a result of her wingspan. It will serve her well once the season gets going.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

OK, let's examine this picture closely. Look at their knees, waists and shoulders.
Their knees appear to be even. Their waists appear to be even. Their shoulders appear to be even.

That's 3 for 3. If they're not the same height, there's no more than a half inch difference in their respective heights.

KLS is listed at 6'3". Napheesa is listed at 6'2". Since they appear to be the same height when ever they stand next to each other, me thinks there's been some "fudging" with respect to height measurements.

Remember, for years KML was listed at 6'0". Then in her senior year we find out that she's really only 5'11". What an outrage. :eek:
The eyes don't lie!!! Unless this picture was modified or photo shopped, they are the same height, be it 6'2 or 6'3". Court is adjourned. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

In the team picture, she is clearly shorter than Morgan Tuck, who is clearly shorter than KLS. However, in that photo, Natalie Butler looks closer to 6'6" and Gabby has to be 6'0", even taking the hair into consideration. Furthermore, in the promotional "clap" video, Gabby and Kia are the same height.

Reaction Score
OK, let's examine this picture closely. Look at their knees, waists and shoulders.
Their knees appear to be even. Their waists appear to be even. Their shoulders appear to be even.

That's 3 for 3. If they're not the same height, there's no more than a half inch difference in their respective heights.

KLS is listed at 6'3". Napheesa is listed at 6'2". Since they appear to be the same height when ever they stand next to each other, me thinks there's been some "fudging" with respect to height measurements.

Remember, for years KML was listed at 6'0". Then in her senior year we find out that she's really only 5'11". What an outrage. :eek:
The eyes don't lie!!! Unless this picture was modified or photo shopped, they are the same height, be it 6'2 or 6'3". Court is adjourned. :cool:
I rarely believe the "Media Guide" their height figures seemed to be focused towards opposing coaches. But in this case --I was more focused on the beauty of the two--all that and Talent TOOOO>

Reaction Score
The Boneyard's obsession with height is quite entertaining. Somehow, someway. almost magically, UConn managed to win NC #10 with a starting five of, at best, average height (6'4", 6'2", 6'0", 5'11", 5'7"). However, the greatest shooter EVER was an undersized wing (Kaleena); one of the 3 or 4 best forwards in all of college basketball (Morgan) was shorter than her opponents in pretty much every single game, yet she dominated; and the Nancy Lieberman award-winning incredible point guard was shorter than 95% of the kids she went up against. Sure, Stewie is Stewie, but every other starter lacked the great height so many fans seem desperate for.

Relax guys- if height were THE critical factor for winning championships, last year's winner might have been the really tall lineups at Minnesota, Gonzaga, Oregon State, Duke, South Carolina, Texas.... Obviously much more than height goes into the recipe for a national championship. And that we have in spades.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The critical measure is the length of the femur and if you look closely, very closely in that snap: You can't tell! So, there's that, too. Yup. You betcha.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The Boneyard's obsession with height is quite entertaining. Somehow, someway. almost magically, UConn managed to win NC #10 with a starting five of, at best, average height (6'4", 6'2", 6'0", 5'11", 5'7"). However, the greatest shooter EVER was an undersized wing (Kaleena); one of the 3 or 4 best forwards in all of college basketball (Morgan) was shorter than her opponents in pretty much every single game, yet she dominated; and the Nancy Lieberman award-winning incredible point guard was shorter than 95% of the kids she went up against. Sure, Stewie is Stewie, but every other starter lacked the great height so many fans seem desperate for.

Relax guys- if height were THE critical factor for winning championships, last year's winner might have been the really tall lineups at Minnesota, Gonzaga, Oregon State, Duke, South Carolina, Texas.... Obviously much more than height goes into the recipe for a national championship. And that we have in spades.

You can't just throw out these undefined terms and phrases and then ask us to relax. Kaleena was undersized? Compared to what/ who? Morgan was shorter than her opponents? Well how much shorter? Every starter except Stewie lacked great height? Who made Stewie the standard? Are we supposed to just forget about Bria Hartley? Can you prove this theory of yours that Height is NOT a critical factor in winning a Championship? Probably not because you already said Stewie had ideal height and she has won a championship every year so far. :eek:

Reaction Score
You can't just throw out these undefined terms and phrases and then ask us to relax. Kaleena was undersized? Compared to what/ who? Morgan was shorter than her opponents? Well how much shorter? Every starter except Stewie lacked great height? Who made Stewie the standard? Are we supposed to just forget about Bria Hartley? Can you prove this theory of yours that Height is NOT a critical factor in winning a Championship? Probably not because you already said Stewie had ideal height and she has won a championship every year so far. :eek:

Frontcourt BIGS Morgan faced in 'meaningful' games last year:

Stanford- Johnson 6'3", McCall 6'3"
UCLA----Costa 6'4", Livulo & Swain 6'3"
Duke-----Williams 6'3", Cooper & Chidom & Henson 6'3"
SC--------Wilson 6'5", Coates 6'4"
Rutgers--Hollivay 6'4", Butts 6'3"
Texas----Boyette-McGee 6'7", Lang 6'5"
Dayton-- Sigmundova 6'4", Grant-Allen 6'5"
Maryland-Howard 6'4", Jones 6'3"
ND--------Reimer 6'3", Turner 6'3"

Clearly, Morgan was as tall as NONE OF THEM

INTERESTING, READ: http://herosports.com/collegebasket...est-players-d1-womens-basketball-tournament/#

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I propose that all future height measurements should be made with an official BY tape measure replacing the "old inch" system with a "new inch" system. In the "new inch" system the inches would be of variable length. Furthermore, the numbers should be printed on stretchable fabric and it should shrink if washed.

Carnac

Reaction Score

The 2015-2016 UConn Women's team picture was posted today. Looking at THAT picture, Katie Lou is clearly taller that Napheesa.
I stand corrected. I guess pictures DO lie. This one sure did. :confused:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Frontcourt BIGS Morgan faced in 'meaningful' games last year:

Stanford- Johnson 6'3", McCall 6'3"
UCLA----Costa 6'4", Livulo & Swain 6'3"
Duke-----Williams 6'3", Cooper & Chidom & Henson 6'3"
SC--------Wilson 6'5", Coates 6'4"
Rutgers--Hollivay 6'4", Butts 6'3"
Texas----Boyette-McGee 6'7", Lang 6'5"
Dayton-- Sigmundova 6'4", Grant-Allen 6'5"
Maryland-Howard 6'4", Jones 6'3"
ND--------Reimer 6'3", Turner 6'3"

Clearly, Morgan was as tall as NONE OF THEM

INTERESTING, READ: http://herosports.com/collegebasket...est-players-d1-womens-basketball-tournament/#
I posed two questions related to Morgan: Morgan was shorter than her opponents? Well how much shorter?
And now I have a 3rd. So Morgan played no one taller than her for the entire AAC schedule?

Reaction Score
The 2015-2016 UConn Women's team picture was posted today. Looking at THAT picture, Katie Lou is clearly taller that Napheesa.
Look......in the team picture....Natalie's head almost reaches the backboard! That must mean the media guide's height for her is just a bunch of "baloney"!

Carnac

Reaction Score
I posed two questions related to Morgan: Morgan was shorter than her opponents? Well how much shorter?
And now I have a 3rd. So Morgan played no one taller than her for the entire AAC schedule?

Looking at the list, I see your point Coco. Morgan is hard to guard no matter how tall you are. Most of the guys I played with that was able to score on, or shut down an opponent that was "taller" than them, always made sure others knew about it. I don't know about female players, but many male players are sensitive about getting beat by a player smaller than them.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

3629200_orig.jpg

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Based on the eyes and the background padding, it looks like CD, Phee, Tuck, DJB, and Sweet Marisa are all about the same height. Probably could share wardrobe.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Thanks Biff. I've already reheated (and consumed) a little "crow" I had left over from my last gaff. :eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I propose that all future height measurements should be made with an official BY tape measure replacing the "old inch" system with a "new inch" system. In the "new inch" system the inches would be of variable length. Furthermore, the numbers should be printed on stretchable fabric and it should shrink if washed.
I hope the "new inch" works better than "new Coke." ;)

photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog