How safe is UConn’s conference dominance? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How safe is UConn’s conference dominance?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
O' mountainous one--pray tell, when in the last 3 year has that not been an issue? Ono rail thin until Dorka not back up. The real bless is--the little guys on this can fill the vacant hole. \Paige, Ashlynn Q, KK, Uconn hasn'had that kind of scoring scine who knows when? Let us not look beyong this coming game---then let us talk. \
I'll be the first Again and again and again (years by years) saying ---what Uconn needs is a 6ft 5inch EFFECTIVE Post---and as many times as I say it---it rarely came true. Edwards and ONO (except with TRANSFER Dorka) that has been Uconn's COMMON FACTOR
Henceforth everyone will address me as O' Mountainous One. I decree it. :p You know your stuff @TCC Kid, but the top of the food chain is populated with effective Bigs. Can we do it? Yes, but we will be working harder than hard to pull it off.

Reaction Score
Pushing pace, pressing, and trapping is a great way to keep the ball out of the big girls’ hands. That’s the best option for beating the South Carolina-sized teams.

I like the 4 guard lineup because there are so many capable ball-handlers that turnovers have been drastically reduced. Last year, with only Nika a true guard (I consider Lou more of a wing), forwards had to handle the ball, often with disastrous results. Fewer turnovers = more possession.
I agree a hundreed % that fewer TO = more possessions, but that team has a lot of TO, that is the main thing they have to work, IMO

Reaction Score
And now with a rotating roster of 5 + 2 + 1, hope we don't encounter more injuries

5 being the starters, 2 = Aubrey & Qadence, 1 = Ice, player needing ro develop her game

From the strating, I completely agree with coach, just hop Nika to take a few more shots

Reaction Score
Pushing pace, pressing, and trapping is a great way to keep the ball out of the big girls’ hands. That’s the best option for beating the South Carolina-sized teams.

I like the 4 guard lineup because there are so many capable ball-handlers that turnovers have been drastically reduced. Last year, with only Nika a true guard (I consider Lou more of a wing), forwards had to handle the ball, often with disastrous results. Fewer turnovers = more possession.
Not looking forward to our game vs. SC... yet. This team is still figuring out their new identity after the cavalcade of injuries. 2 starters, and 2 key reserves. But the freshmen have been terrific and the team seems to be thriving with the 4 guard-1 post lineup. I will feel better if we can have a great game vs. Creighton and then hopefully another one against ND.

BTW I almost always compliment the freshmen on how great they have been, but Nika, Aaliyah, Paige and Aubrey have been tremendous as well. As Geno said in the Marquette post game, the upper classmen played really really good at doing what they do best.

My only worry is the freshman wall. Who will hit it and how bad will it be? When you rely SO much on first year players, it could be a big issue for us...

One thing that seems to be prevalent with this team is that Geno's coaching style seems to have adjusted. In the past historically, he'd be h harder on freshmen trying to break down their bad habits and instill new ones. It seems he's more coaching them to do what they do well while still teaching them what they need in order to thrive in a motion offense - intense defense system.
RUMOR ALERT: It is being rumored that Kamilla will not play against UConn on Feb 11. because she will be in Brazil for two FIBA games with her national team. Don't know if this is true but Brazil is playing on February 8 and 10! I don't see Dawn stopping her from playing for her national team. (Can college coaches stop such a player? Traditionally, do they?) At this time, one loss would not hurt us. That might change if we lose to LSU before then, but I still wouldn't mind two losses "to learn from.)

Canada does nor have games scheduled til later in February. I think we are still stronger at the combination of 3/4 though Edwards might be the best player of the bigs on the court that night. Will be interesting to watch her against our "6th man" the very athletic defender, Ashlynn Watkins, (who lacks Edward's offensive skills).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Henceforth everyone will address me as O' Mountainous One. I decree it. :p You know your stuff @TCC Kid, but the top of the food chain is populated with effective Bigs. Can we do it? Yes, but we will be working harder than hard to pull it off.
I thought we were talking about the BIG EAST here, not the collective national title contenders. I think the last two games completely obliterated the notion of our Big East fallibility. No other team is even close to knocking us off the perch. Only the Basketball Gods and their dreaded ACL weaponry could derail us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom