How running game, timely defense sparked UConn football to back-to-back wins for first time since 2017 Arruda @ Courant) | The Boneyard

How running game, timely defense sparked UConn football to back-to-back wins for first time since 2017 Arruda @ Courant)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> Against Florida International, the UConn offensive linemen had a size advantage for the first time since they played FCS Central Connecticut on Sept. 4. Anchored by veteran Christian Haynes and Dartmouth transfer Jake Guidone, the line has been a strength on the roster all season.

Guidone, a graduate student with experience in the Ivy League, has emerged quickly as a leader for the Huskies at center alongside Haynes up front.

“It always, the result, revolves around your center,” coach Jim Mora said. “I think (Guidone) gives everyone a little bit of comfort in there. You have him and Christian next to each other. You’ve got a couple of guys that have played a lot of football who are comfortable playing with each other. We don’t operate as efficiently when he’s not in there, so I think that tells you he’s critical to our success.” <-

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
The Oline has been outstanding, and is still very young. To take the running game to the next level, ZT needs to pull it back and run more often to keep the defense honest. Cale pulled it back, and scored on an easy 49 yard run. There was no one there because the defense was just just flying to the running back, because Zion so rarely pulls it back and runs. I am sure that they are just trying to keep him healthy by limiting his running, so this will be an opportunity.

Reaction Score
Good possibility he has been asked NOT to run and expose himself. Maybe next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom