How Nika Harnessed Her Emotions To Lead | The Boneyard

How Nika Harnessed Her Emotions To Lead

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

“I would say it's served me a lot, especially when it came to like proving other people wrong or proving myself wrong,” Nika said. “But Coach always used to say that's my biggest strength and my biggest weakness.
“It’s been a weakness in many aspects in which I didn't look at things rationally or I just didn't hold myself accountable or just from being a leader, from that standpoint. You can't be a leader and be stubborn. You need to think about people around. You need to think about your team, what your team needs. Not what you want. So, I feel like it's definitely not helped me in that aspect. But it's also helped me learn to not be like that.”

Reaction Score
Nika is my favorite player of all time. Her grit and tenacity is unmatched in my eyes. If I was still in Jr. High or High School i would definitely be pattering my game after Nika.
My hero was Sue Bird...so not that far off.

Reaction Score
Whoever can get to her last home game at Storrs during the NCAA when she will probably break the record should go. She has been such a treasure, from the time Geno brought tears to her eyes as a freshman, to her making faces when he yelled at her later in her career, to her sticking up for her teammates, to her changing her game to help the team. to her generosity and sweetness to fans. Really the best.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
What a wonderful article! Nika came to UConn to be coached (and coached hard) by Geno. She wasn't quite prepared for how tough that would be, but they came to an understanding, and Nika realized she needed to listen. And we're all lucky it was in her freshman year rather than her junior year. She also came to play with Paige, knowing she might be in Paige's shadow for four years. She's pretty good at checking her ego at the door when necessary.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite UConn WBB players of all time!
To come so far as a person from Croatia to America which is hard enough but to reach these heights as a BB player!
To be as important to the team as Paige Bueckers and Aliyah Edwards!
Here's hoping she can reach the 660 assists to top the list of incredible PG's that UConn has had through the years!
She's earned that spot!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom