How much more can Stewie improve in 2014-2015..?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How much more can Stewie improve in 2014-2015..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
why does one have to have a double secret? The only way to really keep a secret between two people is to. ummmm..

uh-oh

:p

I know you guys fixed the having to wait a long length of time between posts....

Worth noting is some features are in place to keep someone from shutting the board down by posting too often, and too much. It happened in the chat in March.

Reaction Score
It's not true. Not true at all. I upgraded the script a couple months ago, and there was a new option to limit the number of posts per day for users. Some of you may remember that I messed it up, and a bunch of people got messages saying they had hit their daily limit (after a couple posts). Apparently several people took this personal.

As it now stands, someone may get the message if their posting pattern over several days is greater than ten posts per day. Anyone who thinks they need to post more than ten times a day needs to get a life, and quit whining.

No one NEEDS to post more than 10 times a day. But, as RL pointed out, It can occur while discussing a hot topic.
Some posters actually derive some small measure of enjoyment from this board. And now they find out that they need to get a life !
A poor choice of words, IMHO.
I have a question regarding the mechanics of the messages sent to people. Are the messages sent automatically to posters who have exceeded their limit or are one of the mods alerted to the overuse and then it's the mods decision if a message should be sent ?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Worth noting is some features are in place to keep someone from shutting the board down by posting too often, and too much. It happened in the chat in March.

Noted, yet the volume of posts would truly have to be excessive especially in chat.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Noted, yet the volume of posts would truly have to be excessive especially in chat.

Not difficult to paste large volumes of text repeatedly. A couple times a year I've gotten up at 3 am and noticed someone had posted several dozen, to hundreds of posts just to be a pain. That can't happen now.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Not difficult to paste large volumes of text repeatedly. A couple times a year I've gotten up at 3 am and noticed someone had posted several dozen, to hundreds of posts just to be a pain. That can't happen now.

understood - yet the good Boneyard regulars wouldn't do such a thing....I hope.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Really? and which of the 4 incoming, 3 of which are guards can replace the height and presence in the paint of Morgan Tuck? Not be needed indeed. And given that Stewie was MOP of the last 2 final fours at least, both of which where she was an underclassman, I am pretty sure that she should be in the conversation for MOP of the AAC and/or another final four. Honestly....

My philosophy is to not expect much from returning wounded warriors.
I've always been a big Tuck supporter and it would be wonderful to get her back at full strength (which we never really saw in her UConn career) but to expect that is a level of optimism that goes beyond my sense of reality

I'm sure Geno and the staff plan conservatively in such matters (meaning he is planning for Breanna and Kiah to be the available bigs); slotting Morgan back in would certainly not cause discomfort if she is game ready. Plan B is always on the table.

Let's conjecture that Sawxfan is speaking of the likely scenario involving a limited Morgan.

In that case the frosh would have oversize responsibilities; remember that 2 of the so-called guards are hefty young things over 6 feet tall.

I imagine that with or without Morgan, Geno can figure out a way to dominate.

(sorry for the necessity of so many edits)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I've always been a big Tuck supporter and it would be wonderful to get her back at full strength (which we never really saw in her UConn career) but to expect that is a level of optimism that goes beyond my sense of reality

I'm sure Geno and the staff plan conservatively in such matters (meaning he is planning for Breanna and Kiah to be the available bigs); slotting Morgan back in would certainly not cause discomfort if she is game ready. Plan B is always on the table.

Let's conjecture that Sawxfan is speaking of the likely scenario involving a limited Morgan.

In that case the frosh would have oversize responsibilities; remember that 2 of the so-called guards are hefty young things over 6 feet tall.

You are nicer than I am...and to me it was clear that this person had little or no idea of who the freshman are and what positions they play. That said, I do know that Geno would find out the best way to win regardless of personnel. But I would not say that someone with the talent and presence of Morgan would not be needed her injuries not withstanding, nor would I want to cut Stewie from the conversation of MOP of anything so that we can "... see the competition"

Reaction Score
Can Stewart improve? He--- yes! Too often she opted to throw up a 3 with the shot clock more that 20 sec left. Yes, Geno is right, she needs to score off the dribble. And to make better offensive decisions. She's an emotional player which isn't good in the Geno system--she folds personally when she isn't hitting or getting mugged--she took too long to get started in scoring. Otherwise we wouldn't have had the Elite 8/Sweet 16 scares---Again Geno is right she is amazing now but she's had KML, Hartley, Jefferson and Stef to take scoring pressures off of her. I feel that Kaleena M. Lewis is being under rated and under appreciated by the fans and hopefully not by WNBA--in every aspect of her game she's as good as Maya was in College.

I don't agree with a lot of this. And I don't see the scares you saw. No matter. I agree she has room to improve in many areas. When I saw the thread - I felt not "how much more" can Stewie improve, but she has to work on improving in every part of her game to reach her potential which is the ultimate goal

Reaction Score
Improve her free throw average. 147-190 for a 77.4%
In the championship game she was 1-3

Not to nitpick, but because we know she will go to the line a considerable amount I would like to see her around 85% or even in the Kaleena range of 90%

Reaction Score
Improve her free throw average. 147-190 for a 77.4%
In the championship game she was 1-3

Not to nitpick, but because we know she will go to the line a considerable amount I would like to see her around 85% or even in the Kaleena range of 90%

If she shot 85% she would have scored a whopping 15 more points last year. IMHO she is fine as long as she stays above 75%.

Reaction Score
If she shot 85% she would have scored a whopping 15 more points last year. IMHO she is fine as long as she stays above 75%.
True, but we lost 3 straight games to ND because of a need for 4-5 more points total, which could have come from free throws. Which really says that every player should try to improve free throw percentage.

Reaction Score
Can Stewart improve? He--- yes! Too often she opted to throw up a 3 with the shot clock more that 20 sec left. Yes, Geno is right, she needs to score off the dribble. And to make better offensive decisions. She's an emotional player which isn't good in the Geno system--she folds personally when she isn't hitting or getting mugged--she took too long to get started in scoring. Otherwise we wouldn't have had the Elite 8/Sweet 16 scares---Again Geno is right she is amazing now but she's had KML, Hartley, Jefferson and Stef to take scoring pressures off of her. I feel that Kaleena M. Lewis is being under rated and under appreciated by the fans and hopefully not by WNBA--in every aspect of her game she's as good as Maya was in College.
I was enjoying your remarks and agreeing with them until I came to the end with your remark "she's as good as Maya was in College" which is where I came to a complete halt. I don't feel that anyone that's ever worn a Husky uniform has been as good in college as Maya. KML has been a heckuva three point shooter from day one and in her last two seasons (even with losing games this season to injury) she's become more of a complete player but Maya was a complete player from day one in Huskie blue. Maya only got better as her college career advanced and even now, she's improving season by season. To compare KML to Maya is a disservice because then you're going to have people making comparisons that would almost suggest KML is less than she is. She is a terrific person and a terrific college basketball player but she doesn't have the extraordinarily rounded game that Maya nor does anyone else with the possible exception of Diana depending on who you're talking to. Why did you feel the need to do that??? Breanna is another who is marvelous and will only get better. She has been somewhat erratic early in her college career (sometimes scintillating and other times out of sync) but seems to have become appreciably more consistent as time has moved on. Time will tell if Breanna becomes the best player we've seen at UConn by her senior year but even so, I don't think an overview of her ENTIRE career would suggest she was the best player of all time for UConn. Both Maya and Diana showed more consistency throughout their freshman and sophomore years.

Reaction Score

I could understand your skepticism insofar as returning wounded warriors but it seems that Sue Bird did a rather remarkable job after tearing her ACL during her freshman year. She may have been more of an exception but wouldn't it be nice to have Morgan Tuck become another. Considering the fact that she was never really healthy during her freshman year and the beginning of her sophomore year, maybe a completely recovered Morgan can blow us away. She seems like such a classy young woman and it would be just awesome to see her be able to perform totally healthy for a change. Only time will tell!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
She is unguardable. Her potential is to be the most dominate player WCBB has ever seen. Being able to handle the ball and with her quickness and size she has the ability to almost anything she wants. I see her over the next 2 seasons being at a level that no other player has ever been. She is so far ahead of any other player in WCBB that it is mindboggleing. She is in a league of her own. She could be the face of WCBB and put them on the map if the media handles it correctly because I know Geno will and I will repeat myself. As long as Breanna is healthy and at UConn they will not lose a NC.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I foresee some issues in the typical game threads. Some of us probably rack up ten posts by halftime. :)

Reaction Score
Things that she did on the court last year that were considered extraordinary will be common; and the extraordinary plays will be a higher level of spectacular.

Reaction Score
True, but we lost 3 straight games to ND because of a need for 4-5 more points total, which could have come from free throws. Which really says that every player should try to improve free throw percentage.
Amen. Thank you for this. And I was not saying her stat was bad, but just saying if she wants to improve that is the stat to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom