How much are we paying Michigan to visit the Rent? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How much are we paying Michigan to visit the Rent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Neutral site games (ie Yankee Stadium) only if there is no true home game at the other school's campus. Play Michigan in New Jersey and Cleveland, I don't care, but if Ann Arbor is on the schedule then so should East Hartford.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1. You didn't answer my relatively simple question "where did I say I was against keeping this a home and home", so I'm assuming you're silently admitting you were ignorant in making such a statement and trying to move onto something else to pick at.
2. Let me put this in simpler language for you I guess, and please let me know if it needs futher simplification:
If the game were played in front of a 75,000 stadium in CT, it would provide a great show for us here, but it would not bring in the eyes of those outside of CT that a game in NYC would.
A game in NYC is much easier to hype to a national media, as well as an NYC media that has a large number of Michigan alum.
NYC vs. East Hartford. Hmm. Which could a network hype more and bring more eyes to?

So we get more exposure from Michigan fans and "NYC media" if the game is in NYC? Who cares? You know what would give UConn exposure that would dwarf that tiny bump? Beating Michigan. And that has a much better chance of happening at The Rent.

Reaction Score
So we get more exposure from Michigan fans and "NYC media" if the game is in NYC? Who cares? You know what would give UConn exposure that would dwarf that tiny bump? Beating Michigan. And that has a much better chance of happening at The Rent.
I don't normally consider you an idiot, and generally agree with a lot of what you said, but you either: 1. clearly lack a fundamental understanding of what I said in my initial post,
or 2. You are attempting to manipulate what I said to try and prove a point, which I don't even entirely understand in the first place.
Read my first post, I was responding to a simple question posed by Palatine "What does Michigan gain", to which I said "Exposure".
Now in case it's your reading comprehension that is at issue, allow me to elaborate and clear up what I mean by that in case you can't put it together. By playing in front of a large amount of alumni in NYC, Michigan may be hoping to gain exposure to a market that is, as of yet, untapped. This could lead them to make more money, be it through donations, future contracts to split gates with (fill in a team) in NYC, etc.
Never did I say anything about UConn gaining exposure through playing in NYC (although its not a terrible idea). I actually agree with your assertion that a great way to gain exposure is through winning games. Again, I never made any assertions about UConn in my post, it was directly solely to Palatines comment regarding Michigan.

Is that better? Are you understanding what I'm trying to say, or will you attempt to continue to point out flaws in my argument that do not exist.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
AJC, I was mistaken. I saw the word "exposure" and I read it as it being a UConn benefit which I disagreed with.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Because we over time need to draw more people not just for NC State and Michigan but for Temple and Louisville.

The new way of scheduling makes it difficult to build up customers bases. It does not obviate the need for it.

That's what I'm talkin' about! That's why this forum is way better then the birthplace or eagle whatever! :)

And because I know I'm not the only one:

Definition of OBVIATE
transitive verb
: to anticipate and prevent (as a situation) or make unnecessary (as an action)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom