how many points has Phil scored this year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

how many points has Phil scored this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I don't disparage anyone, I point out the obvious, usually earlier than most. I was highlighting how bad Facey was early in the season and now it's universal belief.

I can't stand Brimah, mainly because I honestly think he thinks a good basketball player and relevant. He's neither.

Let's highlight how bad of a poster you are... you're terrible. And I can't stand you. I'm pointing out the obvious.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Nose for rebounds rich? You got me there?

On a boards per minute basis, Facey is the closest thing to a rebounding big in the program.

PN 392 46 8.5 min per board
AB 799 144 5.9 min per board
RK 109 20 5.5 min per board
KF 655 160 4.1 min per board

If you want to include DH as a big, he and KF are in a virtual tie.
DH 925 228 4.1 min per board

Reaction Score
How can anyone not like AB?

and how can anyone not appreciate what AB contributed last season during our run or this season?

he is a work in progress, but at least he tends to take away the rim on defense. Unlike some others, when it becomes a layup drill when AB is out

there comes a point in your career where a project becomes benched player, and if such player doesn't like that, he needs to change that

if you choose to play D1 basketball at one of the most successful programs in the country, that comes with expectations and youse need to have thick skin. It goes with the territory, it's life at every program. That's magnified when the team is struggling.
Miserable people tend to point out the negative in everything. It is best to avoid them.

Reaction Score
AB has one great skill and a couple of nice ones. One of the premier shot blockers in the game, no argument, fair Ft shooter, decent touch but his lack of strength and post game mean that his overall effectiveness is compromised. A strong center 6 inches shorter who can hold his ground out rebounds and out scores him and if they can pass the ball and not committ stupid fouls it's not even close. Not an NBA scout but who would be drooling over him at this point? He will get brushed away like a feather at the next level. He has tremendous work to do to become great.

Reaction Score
I don't disparage anyone, I point out the obvious, usually earlier than most. I was highlighting how bad Facey was early in the season and now it's universal belief.

I can't stand Brimah, mainly because I honestly think he thinks a good basketball player and relevant. He's neither.
It's like this dude is Chief with a mood disorder

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why do so many of you entertain arguing with the unreasonable Husky91, then turn around and complain about him being a bad poster. If you don't like what he posts don't respond and hit ignore. Many of you strike me as the types who hate their jobs complain all day long but don't bother doing anything to change.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
It's like this dude is Chief with a mood disorder

For his sake, I hope he's like a 12 yr old kid. Either that or he's legitimately insane.

Reaction Score
This thread is insulting, nothing to do with me, the incessant bashing of Phil. The whole compliment of 4-5s is terrible, why single out Phil is my basic point.

Brimah has the most potential of the group, we all acknowledge that, but he's got so many weaknesses, many more than his strengths.

Why do so many of you entertain arguing with the unreasonable Husky91, then turn around and complain about him being a bad poster. If you don't like what he posts don't respond and hit ignore. Many of you strike me as the types who hate their jobs complain all day long but don't bother doing anything to change.

Reaction Score
I don't like bashing any kid, but it's fair to point out their problems. We have no right to complain about Phil's game, he was never a top prospect and has limited skill. It's like bashing Samuel for not making 3's, he can't do it. Phil tries hard, plays defense, takes charges. He should only have to play 5 minutes a game as a 3rd backup to give fouls. We've asked a lot more.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If it hasn't yet occurred to you to Ignore someone w/an avatar rotated 90 degrees, it's not too late. Even by mere reference and a brief quote within a comment, 91's message is loud and clear.

Seriously. I blocked him awhile ago, and yet I still can't get away as this entire thread has been dedicated to him.

Reaction Score
Don't think we win a NC w/o him last year. Even w/o St.Joe's
All the announcers gush over him. Not sure why you are so negative.
To me he is one of our top 2 or 3 returning.
Cocky? No. Intense, good teammate
I think AB is a good college player is what people are trying to say. As far as him being a legit NBA prospect the verdict is still undetermined. If he were to leave now he wouldn't get drafted with his lack of strength, rebounding and possessing no post game at all.

Let's see what a full off season will accomplish. He unfortunately didn't have that luxury last year to get better due to the operation on his shoulder. He isn't a bad player just a good player that has potential if he can work on his skills and strengths in the off season.

Reaction Score
On a boards per minute basis, Facey is the closest thing to a rebounding big in the program.

PN 392 46 8.5 min per board
AB 799 144 5.9 min per board
RK 109 20 5.5 min per board
KF 655 160 4.1 min per board

If you want to include DH as a big, he and KF are in a virtual tie.
DH 925 228 4.1 min per board

I don't need stats to know he has gone dramatically backwards since early season and to even compare him and DHam is not close. DHam is a very good rebounder and proven even while also passing, shooting from 3 and ball handling which means he is not always near the rim and still is twice the rebounder. The other guy needs to do nothing else and hasn't been able to do so in quite a while, consistently. Stats obviously mean very little here, eye test is the deal.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
This thread is insulting, nothing to do with me, the incessant bashing of Phil. The whole compliment of 4-5s is terrible, why single out Phil is my basic point.

Brimah has the most potential of the group, we all acknowledge that, but he's got so many weaknesses, many more than his strengths.

Do you wanna know why this thread is insulting? Because of you. Don't call US out for saying this thread is insulting when you're in here posting stuff that Brimah is "not a good basketball player" or "relevant." Do you even know what "relevant" means? Brimah helped win us a championship last year. We don't sniff the Final4 without him. That makes him very relevant. He's a sophomore and already a top 3 defensive center in the NCAA. But he's not "relevant"? And you're telling us that the thread is insulting?!

Honestly... how old are you?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Calling players "awful, terribly, embarrassing" etc. isn't insulting, but this thread is?

God I love this place. Such rich irony.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You mean last year's FF when he played like a total of 22 minutes? He's just not good. He's very cocky on the court when he makes any sort of play, which is rare unless he is playing RPI teams > 100 and weak front courts. It's borderline insulting, and does he realize just how silly it is and just how bad he is against quality teams and opponents. Does he remotely realize the NBA players are strong and athletic.
TIL it is insulting to celebrate a play unless you can do it against NBA players. I better go tell all the guys at my local pick up game.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
Calling players "awful, terribly, embarrassing" etc. isn't insulting, but this thread is?

Dont let this fool be considered a representation of the board.

Reaction Score

Nah man, that's him being realistic; something we should all emulate.

Reaction Score
Dont let this fool be considered a representation of the board.
He's not a fair representation of the forum as a whole, but he is the quintessence of what this board can become. A true exemplar of the uberd0uche tendencies some posters at times simply lash out with. But with him, it's 24/7, every single post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom