how many points has Phil scored this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

how many points has Phil scored this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
^ Facey definitely isn't a guy I would classify as a project. He was the NY Gatorade POY - a lot of people on this board thought he would start for us at center last season.

And, even though the production isn't there right now, I just don't look at his game and think, "man, this kid looks like he's never picked up a basketball." His footwork in the post is better than any other big man on the team, his instincts for the ball are better than any other big man on the team, and he's probably a better natural scorer than all of them, too.

He has a couple problems right now. One, he has no confidence. Two, he has no idea where to be on defense. Those are both big problems, but they're resolvable.

Wow champs don't see how you can believe that? Not seeing it but hope you're right.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't know how you can denigrate Brimah. I'd hate to see our team the last two years w/o him. And that is with full recognition of his limitations on offense and in rebounding.

Reaction Score
You mean last year's FF when he played like a total of 22 minutes? He's just not good. He's very cocky on the court when he makes any sort of play, which is rare unless he is playing RPI teams > 100 and weak front courts. It's borderline insulting, and does he realize just how silly it is and just how bad he is against quality teams and opponents. Does he remotely realize the NBA players are strong and athletic.

Don't know how you can denigrate Brimah. I'd hate to see our team the last two years w/o him. And that is with full recognition of his limitations on offense and in rebounding.

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I have a strong suspicion that the jersey in Husky91's avatar isn't a Richard Hamilton jersey but rather a Mandeldove jersey.

Reaction Score
You mean last year's FF when he played like a total of 22 minutes? He's just not good. He's very cocky on the court when he makes any sort of play, which is rare unless he is playing RPI teams > 100 and weak front courts. It's borderline insulting, and does he realize just how silly it is and just how bad he is against quality teams and opponents. Does he remotely realize the NBA players are strong and athletic.

Please remember your comments when he signs his first NBA paycheck. We would never have gotten to last year's FF without his contributions.

Reaction Score

Brimah will get a lifetime pass from me.

+1
How can people not like watching a kid who clearly enjoys the game the way Brimah does - oh and then that little detail about how without him we were probably one and done last year - I can't believe some of these "fans"

Reaction Score
Facey's regression after a hot start against DII exhibition opponents and low DI teams is due to the fact that in the past few years, UConn's staff has gotten too comfortable with rolling the dice on "pure, raw, project guys". Lets be real for a second, Facey is a kid from Jamaica who hadn't played a lick of basketball until he was half way through high school, and that was only because he was 6'9" and someone probably really pushed the idea on him.

Facey was the only big who looked like he belonged on the floor against Duke, so I think the basic premise of your argument is wrong. This idea that he feasted on crap teams and wilted against good teams seems to be directly at odds with what actually happened. I'd actually say that he teased with flashes against goods teams (early on) and has for whatever reason fallen off the map against the dregs.

I don't get why people are writing this kid off, I really don't. This team is obviously not very good but Kentan's biggest problems, as someone else noted, seem to be confidence and knowing where to be on defense. He's got a live body, plays with bounce, and has a nice looking stroke. A little bit of confidence would do wonders for him.

Reaction Score
I get that and have acknowledged that multiple times. I don't know how that one play means we can't discuss his current play and performance.

His game has to improve miles for him to be remotely effective in the NBA. His defense is awful, he can't rebound against AAC opponents, he has no post game, his jump shot release is slow, the block shot think won't work at the next level, etc.

+1
How can people not like watching a kid who clearly enjoys the game the way Brimah does - oh and then that little detail about how without him we were probably one and done last year - I can't believe some of these "fans"

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Don't think we win a NC w/o him last year. Even w/o St.Joe's
All the announcers gush over him. Not sure why you are so negative.
To me he is one of our top 2 or 3 returning.
Cocky? No. Intense, good teammate

Reaction Score
I get that and have acknowledged that multiple times. I don't know how that one play means we can't discuss his current play and performance.

His game has to improve miles for him to be remotely effective in the NBA. His defense is awful, he can't rebound against AAC opponents, he has no post game, his jump shot release is slow, the block shot think won't work at the next level, etc.

Reaction Score
I think that there's a line between saying he needs to improve and trashing a kid who is clearly a key part of this team's past and future success. In my opinion you have crossed it. Listen to yourself:
"He's just not good. He's very cocky on the court when he makes any sort of play, which is rare unless he is playing RPI teams > 100 and weak front courts. It's borderline insulting, and does he realize just how silly it is and just how bad he is against quality teams and opponents"

He's not Jahlil Okafor. We get that. If you want that root for DOOK then do so, they're a good program. I'll stick with rooting for the kids we get and watching them develop.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't see any cockiness in Brimah. If anything, he comes off as being more humble than most college basketball players.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Starting at center for UCONN was my dream as a kid. If it had panned out, I'd wear the biggest -eating grin for all 40 minutes of the game.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Facey is like someone who hit the freshman wall harder than most. He's not a freshman, but given how much he played last year, he might as well be.
On another note, there have been plenty of guys on our teams over the years I've been less than thrilled with. But man do I hope I'm never like the guy on here that openly hates our players.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Keep in mind, Facey shot 100% on threes for the regular season this year, and is a .667 career 3 point shot.

The kid actually has a nice stroke, and between that and his nose for rebounds, would earn a decent chunk of playing time, if he would only buckle down and learn defensive positioning.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind, Facey shot 100% on threes for the regular season this year, and is a .667 career 3 point shot.

The kid actually has a nice stroke, and between that and his nose for rebounds, would earn a decent chunk of playing time, if he would only buckle down and learn defensive positioning.

Nose for rebounds rich? You got me there?

Reaction Score
I don't disparage anyone, I point out the obvious, usually earlier than most. I was highlighting how bad Facey was early in the season and now it's universal belief.

I can't stand Brimah, mainly because I honestly think he thinks a good basketball player and relevant. He's neither.
Brimah is not a finished product but to say he is irrelevant is just plain dumb.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
How can anyone not like AB?

and how can anyone not appreciate what AB contributed last season during our run or this season?

he is a work in progress, but at least he tends to take away the rim on defense. Unlike some others, when it becomes a layup drill when AB is out

there comes a point in your career where a project becomes benched player, and if such player doesn't like that, he needs to change that

if you choose to play D1 basketball at one of the most successful programs in the country, that comes with expectations and youse need to have thick skin. It goes with the territory, it's life at every program. That's magnified when the team is struggling.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If it hasn't yet occurred to you to Ignore someone w/an avatar rotated 90 degrees, it's not too late. Even by mere reference and a brief quote within a comment, 91's message is loud and clear.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Nolan has scored nearly 1/3 of his points this season in the past 3 games (10/34). He's on a modest uprise right now, which is more than can be said for the rest of our front court.
Without him, the team shot 25% against Memphis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom