how many points has Phil scored this year? | The Boneyard

how many points has Phil scored this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
1) 7
2) 34
3) 60
4) 150
5) 300

if he scored 120, he be averaging 4 points per game

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Phil has scored a whopping 34 points this season.

Reaction Score
Phil has played his best basketball of the season these last few games, so now is probably not the time to re-ignite the anti-Phil movement.

He wasn't the subject of many complaints last season when we were winning titles with him. We know what Phil is. Unfortunately, Kentan Facey has all but disappeared from the earth, leaving us in a situation where Phil needs to play more than he should.

willie99

Reaction Score
I'm not blaming PN for anything, I don't really blame him for anything, I'm just axing a question

Reaction Score
What is your point or assertion? Why not show the avg for Brimah against RPIs < 100 or 50?

Post his stat line from Duke or last year's FF. Or post any of Facey's last 10 games.

#Faceyisterrible

I'm not blaming PN for anything, I don't really blame him for anything, I'm just axing a question

Reaction Score
Why single him out? what about Facey? Do you actually think Facey is remotely good? He's not
Speaking of singling out, I am happy to hear you have found someone other than Brima to disparage.

willie99

Reaction Score
What is your point or assertion? Why not show the avg for Brimah against RPIs < 100 or 50?

Post his stat line from Duke or last year's FF. Or post any of Facey's last 10 games.

#Faceyisterrible

I'm sorry, nothing but nothing compares to 34 points on the season

forgetaboutit

are youse Phil's roommate or something?

Reaction Score

#Faceyisterrible
Facey's last ten games 26 points, 31 Boards 4 Turn overs.
Nolan last ten games 17 points, 28 Boards 5 turn overs.

Reaction Score
I don't disparage anyone, I point out the obvious, usually earlier than most. I was highlighting how bad Facey was early in the season and now it's universal belief.

I can't stand Brimah, mainly because I honestly think he thinks a good basketball player and relevant. He's neither.

Speaking of singling out, I am happy to hear you have found someone other than Brima to disparage.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Facey's last ten games 26 points, 31 Boards 4 Turn overs.
Nolan last ten games 17 points, 28 Boards 5 turn overs.

In 182 and 141 minutes respectively.

But the fact remains that Phil is a better defender and better screener.

Reaction Score
Phil has scored a whopping 34 points this season.
Phil is a Junior on a Div 1 elite team. He also has a ring and has started many games.

I think its not too much to expect for a little bit more point/rebound production. He certainly does the other things well.

Not putting him down just confused as to what is going on with his inability to rebound and score. Perhaps I'm in denial and there is a dire need for a big man coach.

Reaction Score
Total disappearance of Facey is more perplexing since he started the year looking pretty good . I thought he was on his way to a promising sophomore year. Surprised at his regression.

Reaction Score
Facey is 6'9" and shoots about 50 percent. Nearly all layups outside of his few mind boggling jump shot airballs. I'm not sure I've seen a more timid finisher for a guy his size.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan has scored nearly 1/3 of his points this season in the past 3 games (10/34). He's on a modest uprise right now, which is more than can be said for the rest of our front court.

Reaction Score
I can't stand Brimah, mainly because I honestly think he thinks a good basketball player and relevant. He's neither.

wtf

Lets not make this personal or anything, right.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't disparage anyone, I point out the obvious, usually earlier than most. I was highlighting how bad Facey was early in the season and now it's universal belief.

Brimah is our only true 5. Whether he plays well or terribly, that fact alone kind of makes him relevant by default.

Reaction Score
Add up what Phil, Amida and Facey scored TOGETHER yesterday. Mission control we have a problem.

Reaction Score
If Phil was scoring more points we'd have jackoffs saying blah blah any team that needs Phil Nolan to score more than 34 points a season is in trouble blah blah.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Facey's regression after a hot start against DII exhibition opponents and low DI teams is due to the fact that in the past few years, UConn's staff has gotten too comfortable with rolling the dice on "pure, raw, project guys". Lets be real for a second, Facey is a kid from Jamaica who hadn't played a lick of basketball until he was half way through high school, and that was only because he was 6'9" and someone probably really pushed the idea on him.

If you expected a major contribution from a guy like Facey this season, especially after the fact that he essentially didnt play AT ALL last year, you are going to be disappointed. Yet UConn has also historically been very successful with some of our project guys like Armstrong, Thabeet, Brimah and to an extent Okwandu, so I dont see them stopping this strategy, as they shouldnt. We just need to be more careful about how many "risks" we choose to take on a number of incoming guys per year, because you can be left in the situation we are in now where the majority of the team is a guy who had some upside but hasnt met expectations and as a result we are floundering.

Nolan hasnt been great this year despite him playing very well the last 5 games, yet he is not even close to the reason this team is struggling. Nolan is actually a really good defender, great at setting screens, can be beneficial to ball movement in the high post, and is fairly mobile for a big man. His main problem earlier in the year was that he lacked confidence and almost seemed "shook" in the way that he was afraid to make a strong move out of failing or missing the layup/dunk, which only compounded the issue.

Reaction Score
^ Facey definitely isn't a guy I would classify as a project. He was the NY Gatorade POY - a lot of people on this board thought he would start for us at center last season.

And, even though the production isn't there right now, I just don't look at his game and think, "man, this kid looks like he's never picked up a basketball." His footwork in the post is better than any other big man on the team, his instincts for the ball are better than any other big man on the team, and he's probably a better natural scorer than all of them, too.

He has a couple problems right now. One, he has no confidence. Two, he has no idea where to be on defense. Those are both big problems, but they're resolvable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom