• Watched, real-time

Votes: 76 77.6%
  • Waited and watched the replay

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... either went to Gample, watched the game in real time, or waited to watch the replay?

Reaction Score
Well, watched, sort of. Goes like this:
Put the game on, mute sound. Turn radio on with music (has charms...)
Pace, confusing small dogs who are following my random walking through the house. Watch TV. Walk away when tension is too high. Pour first G&T.
By halftime I am watching more than walking. Dogs try sitting up for treats (with some success...) when I cheer at the TV. Second half I still pace but now tend to stay in the room and watch more. Too superstitious to sit now! Dogs have given up and are curled up in their beds away from the traffic pattern. By now my pacing is more of a celebratory strut and I pour another G&T and enjoy the end of the game.
Its kind of aerobic game watching.

Reaction Score
I posed the question after so many friends said they didn't watch the game live, but recorded and watched once they knew the result as a way to deal with their anxiety.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, there were 10,137 at the game and from the New Haven Register:

ESPN announced Tuesday the game had an 0.8 overnight rating, the highest for a regular-season women’s college basketball game on ESPN2 since the Dec. 30, 2010 game between UConn and Stanford.

The Hartford/New Haven market was No. 1 nationally with a 12.5, more than 3½ times higher than the 3.4 rating in both Greenville, South Carolina, and Knoxville, Tennessee

I believe a 12.5 share means that 12.5% of the TVs in the Hartford/New Haven area were tuned to the game. That's pretty impressive.

LOL the 3.4 share in Knoxville. The rivalry lives.

Reaction Score
Technically, I DVR'd it and watched it about 30 minutes off real time (A habit I developed during the CPTV days in order to avoid the "pitches").

Watched it again Tuesday afternoon to savor (especially the MoJett moves) .

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Had sudden stomach problems that I needed to run off and relieve early in the broadcast when Peck was talking, but otherwise . . .

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Well, there were 10,137 at the game and from the New Haven Register:

ESPN announced Tuesday the game had an 0.8 overnight rating, the highest for a regular-season women’s college basketball game on ESPN2 since the Dec. 30, 2010 game between UConn and Stanford.

The Hartford/New Haven market was No. 1 nationally with a 12.5, more than 3½ times higher than the 3.4 rating in both Greenville, South Carolina, and Knoxville, Tennessee

I believe a 12.5 share means that 12.5% of the TVs in the Hartford/New Haven area were tuned to the game. That's pretty impressive.

LOL the 3.4 share in Knoxville. The rivalry lives.

Nan that's what I picked up on also. They just couldn't stay away hoping for an upset.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Watched live, elated. Recorded it. Watched again the next day. I love this game! I LOVE this UCONN team! Talk about an empathetic message.
Is that your little one in the avatar? Adorable!

I haven't had a newborn in the house for almost 18 years. Time has faded the memory of sleepless nights and cranky babies. It seemed so hard then but, boy, is being a parent the most rewarding thing in the world. Congratulations!

Reaction Score
Watched it real time and 2 more times (thank's to the DVR) so far...i will be watching this game many more times :)

Reaction Score
Hubby and I were at the game! Took 2 hours to get home to Stonington! I haven't rewatched the game yet, but I plan to this evening. Thanks to BY comments I have several things I want to check out!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I can't watch the big games live. I'm too loud and it gives me heart palpitations. Also, my wife hates when I watch the game live on TV then check the stats on my phone while watching... She finds it all to be a bit much lol.

Reaction Score
Wow, Buster, Im impressed. I'm in SE CT too but the thought of navigating 32 in the snow is a bit scary!

Reaction Score
Watched live, elated. Recorded it. Watched again the next day. I love this game! I LOVE this UCONN team! Talk about an empathetic message.
LOVE the picture!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Was at the gm! Hung around after. Made it back to No Branford.
Made a late dinner. Watched the gm & Geno Project that "morning"!
Went to sleep 3:45am happy as a little clam!!! Seen it twice since then- we were better each viewing!

Reaction Score
The SEC channel rebroadcast it the next day, watched it again then, but recorded when I watched the game live.

Reaction Score
Hubby and I were at the game! Took 2 hours to get home to Stonington! I haven't rewatched the game yet, but I plan to this evening. Thanks to BY comments I have several things I want to check out!
Just curious , how much snow did you get there? I from the Griswold area, but haven't got there yet...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom