How many NBA players do we have on our roster this year? | The Boneyard

How many NBA players do we have on our roster this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think we have six potential nba players on our current roster.
1) Donovan Clingan
2) Alex Karaban
3) Stephon Castle
4) Jaylen Stewart
5) Jayden Ross

I really think Johnson has a chance as well. For his size he plays way bigger than 6’10” and he is so athletic I could see him finding a role if he commits to being a great defender. So we are stacked. Did I miss any or are any on the list that should not be? Could be two early to make the assessment on Stewart and Ross but they are both prototypical nba wing bodies. They can both handle the ball.

Reaction Score
I don’t know that I would include Stewart yet.

I’ll go with 4 or 5 ultimate draft picks - Clingan, Castle, Karaban - then 1 or 2 out of Ball, Ross and Stewart. Ball more likely than Stewart in my opinion.

Johnson is a possibility too - just don’t see it yet. Hope to be surprised.

caw

Reaction Score
Clingan, Castle should both be lottery barring some bullet in the knee rumor (see: Butler, Caron).

Karaban is a great college player but for the NBA he will either need to measure out well, or be able to make the transition to playing the three. Still shooting may carry the day here. He started expanding his offense at the end of last year and if he can continue what he did last night, I think he should. Anyone think he could have a Doug McDermott type career?

Newton will probably not but Colin Gillespie has played four games for the Nuggets this year after signing a two way with the Nuggets.

Spencer should make a ton of money overseas but I can't see him in the NBA

Johnson, he is athletic enough. Long road for him though.

Ball/Ross/Stewart TBD.

Reaction Score
Clingan, Castle should both be lottery barring some bullet in the knee rumor (see: Butler, Caron).

Karaban is a great college player but for the NBA he will either need to measure out well, or be able to make the transition to playing the three. Still shooting may carry the day here. He started expanding his offense at the end of last year and if he can continue what he did last night, I think he should. Anyone think he could have a Doug McDermott type career?

Newton will probably not but Colin Gillespie has played four games for the Nuggets this year after signing a two way with the Nuggets.

Spencer should make a ton of money overseas but I can't see him in the NBA

Johnson, he is athletic enough. Long road for him though.

Ball/Ross/Stewart TBD.
Jason Tatum plays the 4 and GS start small too. Karaban will have a legit shot at an NBA roster due to his shooting and versatility. He can play an NBA 4 easily. There aren't a lot of bruisers in the league anymore.

caw

Reaction Score
Jason Tatum plays the 4 and GS start small too. Karaban will have a legit shot at an NBA roster due to his shooting and versatility. He can play an NBA 4 easily. There aren't a lot of bruisers in the league anymore.

Most fours are still longer and more athletic even if not bruisers. I have no clue Karaban's official measurements. Is he really 6'8? Or is he 6'6?

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I don’t see it with Johnson - great athlete for his size, but aside from being a lob threat, he looks raw on offense. That 3 he took was ugly & he looked frozen when he had an open look for a 5-footer last night. Hope I’m wrong & he blossoms as the season progresses.

Castle looked rough to start, but he showed flashes at the end where I could see the top 5 hype - that spin was filthy & his handle for a 6’6 guard is impressive. Clingan is a top 10 lock - but could be a top 5 lock if he hits his free throws & shows more poise on the block/in the midrange. Ross, Stewart & Ball all have upside - NBA will be dependent on how they develop & their willingness to be coachable. If Karaban can consistently take his man off the dribble like he did last night, he’s going to play in the league. He’s money from long range, is sneaky athletic & his bball IQ is off the charts. Will be a lot of fun to see how everyone develops & gels this season.

Reaction Score
Most fours are still longer and more athletic even if not bruisers. I have no clue Karaban's official measurements. Is he really 6'8? Or is he 6'6?
He is as tall as Tatum… so a picture of them together over the summer..

Reaction Score
He is as tall as Tatum… so a picture of them together over the summer..
IMG_8992.jpeg

Reaction Score

I’ll go with 4 or 5 ultimate draft picks - Clingan, Castle, Karaban - then 1 or 2 out of Ball, Ross and Stewart. Ball more likely than Stewart in my opinion.

Johnson is a possibility too - just don’t see it yet. Hope to be surprised.
If you didn't see it with Samson last night...long,fluid,hops...my goodness

Reaction Score
I see a lot of good college players on the team. But I only see Clingan and Castles as NBA players.
Karaban is a possible 2nd rounder after his junior year.
We need to see more games out of the other freshmen.

Reaction Score
I saw enough of Stewart last night to know he will be drafted someday. If hes what i think he is which of course i have to see more but he will go very high in the draft. That kid has special written all over him.

Reaction Score
Definites: Clingan, Castle, Karaban

Probables: Ball, Stewart

Long Shots: Ross, Johnson, Newton

So I'll go with 6

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well technically, 0. They're all in college. Having NBA players would probably be a violation.

Reaction Score
Clingan will probably be drafted but not high and he’ll have a limited career. He is a 1980s NBA prototype center. The game has moved away from that type of player. Same as the Purdue guy except he is a little more skilled.
You are a real piece of work.

Reaction Score
Clingan will probably be drafted but not high and he’ll have a limited career. He is a 1980s NBA prototype center. The game has moved away from that type of player. Same as the Purdue guy except he is a little more skilled.
Is that sarcasm? The board was so much better when you disappeared for months after the national championship.

Reaction Score
Clingan and Castle for sure. I would bet on Karaban as well. I think he has size, shot and smarts to earn a spot somewhere. Think of a Spurs/Popovich type player.

To even speculate on anyone else right now is a coin toss or emotional knee-jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom