How many days will it take to find a OC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How many days will it take to find a OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Why do I feel like the "National Search for a new OC" that Diaco is orcatrasting is more like this... Just waiting for someone to call or email him a resume. Real progress.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
3 more weeks to marinate over this on the road to an underwhelming announcement. Then we can shift to recruiting and roster attrition.

Reaction Score
Starting to think it's a coach still in the 1aa playoffs (or would hope so, it's the only semi-logical reason for the radio silence). Donnie Kirkpatrick?

James Madison University Athletics - 2016 Football Coaching Staff
Tending with you.. somebody still in playoffs that needs and requested radio silence .
Jmu versus north Dakota state. Friday at 6.oop.m.
We could know by Monday depending on game outcome if your hunch is correct . averaging outrageous ppg in playoffs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
No so much. Remember that we save @$2m doing this in 2017. Why say anything until January.

In this instance, no news is good news.

Hey man I am just setting my expectations low so that when Bobby love & healthy snacks gets canned I will be pleasantly surprised

Reaction Score
Don't think you can actually interview people in person or on the phone unless the job is actually posted. That said, I am sure the resumes are pouring in (at least one or two?) and maybe an agent phone call or two. But it is not hard to post an OC job, In fact most of the folks on this board could do it in a couple hours just extracting the boilerplate from the last decade of coaching position postings. They are public after all. So something is up that it has not happened yet.

Reaction Score
Don't think you can actually interview people in person or on the phone unless the job is actually posted. That said, I am sure the resumes are pouring in (at least one or two?) and maybe an agent phone call or two. But it is not hard to post an OC job, In fact most of the folks on this board could do it in a couple hours just extracting the boilerplate from the last decade of coaching position postings. They are public after all. So something is up that it has not happened yet.

In the past for all open coaching positions @ UConn - once they post it on the UConn job site - they already know who they are hiring. The job description will be written to encompass requirements/experience that matches the person they are going to hire.

Reaction Score
I have very limited knowledge on the process, but IIRC, most of the open coaching jobs we've had have been tailored to fit the coach we're planning to hire. The posting is really just a formality, could be wrong though.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Right, the last time for head coach it said under requirements; "Perfect hair and former Broyles Award winner," among several other more boilerplate conditions. It also said "Those who wear shirt sleeves in temps below 42 degrees need not apply." Sadly coaches who wear short sleeves late in the season are still not understood or accept in these parts.

Reaction Score
Actually what you describe is exactly what does go on in the private sector. The rules are a bit stricter for public institutions such as universities. I suspect that is why search firms are used.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually what you describe is exactly what does go on in the private sector. The rules are a bit stricter for public institutions such as universities. I suspect that is why search firms are used.

Search firms are used for two reasons:

1. Someone else to blame when things go sideways
2. Curry favor with the search firm for future employment opportunities

Reaction Score
In the past for all open coaching positions @ UConn - once they post it on the UConn job site - they already know who they are hiring. The job description will be written to encompass requirements/experience that matches the person they are going to hire.

The way we go about takes so doggone long though... I hope we know who are guy is now so, by January 1 we know's running our offense.. along with who's running our special teams... along with whatever other coaching changes/upgrades are involved... Anything past January 1 for fans to find out about who we've brought in seems meaningless... It'll just secure more empty seats....

Reaction Score
Do you know how hard it is to find an offensive coordinator that doesn't believe in the forward pass???? All these young coordinators want to throw the ball all over the lot. Diaco is looking for a coordinator who will run off tackle on 1st and 2nd down and then throw a bubble screen behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd down. Coordinators with that type of acumen don't just grow on trees. They are hard to find.

Not for us it isn't.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Did they not tell Coach that he needs to start checking his e-mail again? Applications are coming in but BD is so spectacularly insulated that he doesn't even notice! They better be delivering them to his door step.

Reaction Score
Damn this search has been going on way too long. Anyone know what's going on at Uconn right now. There's got to be Someone on here that knows inside info.

Pretty sure we are just waiting until January to fire Bobby boy

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
fwiw, Pitt was willing to go to a $1 mill/year, 2 year contract with Matt Canada, whom I believe was already the 2nd highest paid OC in the ACC.

LSU gave Canada a 3 year deal around $1.2-$1.3 per year, plus incentives that could get him up to $5 mill over the term of the deal.

And that's why we're not going to get anyone who's both good and established.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom