Hartford XL
Mohegan Sun
Bridgeport - 2 times
Albany - 2 times
Trenton
Indianapolis - Lucas Oil Stadium
Indianapolis - Conseco Fieldhouse - twice
New Orleans - Superdome
New Orleans - New Orleans Arena (Smoothie King Arena)
Atlanta
Dallas
St. Louis
Tampa - Twice
San Antonio - Twice
Nashville
Columbus
Minneapolis
Denver
Madison Square Garden

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We went to the first round in Storrs, and 6 of us decided to drive to Cincinnati for the first regional finals we ever attended. After that we tried to make the Final Four each year because we knew that UConn was going to be playing in them.
Storrs
Hartford XL
New Orleans - New Orleans Arena Final Four
St. Louis Final Four
Villanova (campus arena)
Conte Forum,
Boston Garden Final Four
Philadelphia Final Four
University of Cincinnati Regional Finals
Rutgers

Right now can't remember any others.

Reaction Score
Extremely Thin
1. Rutgers
2. Gampel
3. MSG
4. North Carolina(both venues)
5. Old Dominion
6. William and Mary
7. Hofstra
8. Greensboro
9. Duke
10. GA Tech
11. Georgetown
12. St. Louis
13. San Antonio
14. Verizon Center/Capital One Center in DC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oregon
UCLA
USC (SoCal)
Long Beach
Syracuse
College Basketball only.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I've seen college basketball at these venues; all were for SC WBB or MBB games except for Cole Field House and McKale:

Carolina Coliseum (old SC venue)
Colonial Life Arena (current SC venue)
College of Charleston arena
The Citadel (McAlister Field House)
Myrtle Beach Convention Center
Port-a-John Coliseum (Clemson)
BonSecour Arena (Greenville, SC)
Jacksonville Veterans memorial Coliseum
Amalie Arena (Tampa)
Oldest Charlotte Coliseum
Not quite as old Charlotte Coliseum
UNCC arena
Greensboro Coliseum
Cameron Indoor Stadium
RBC Center (NC State)
Minges Coliseum (ECU; WBB game in the 80s)
Stegeman Coliseum (UGA)
Georgia Dome
Gwinnett Center (suburban Atlanta)
South Alabama
American Airlines Arena (Dallas)
McKale (U of A)
U of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Az)
Sioux Falls Convention Center
Kemper Arena (KCMO)
Thompson-Bolling Arena (Tenn)
Bridgestone Arena (Nashville)
Cassell Coliseum (Virginia Tech)
Cole Field House (Maryland)
MSG
Barclays Center
Times-Union Center (Albany)
Mohegan Sun Arena
Hall of Fame (Springfield)

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I thought Cole Field House was a phenomenal old joint. We were there just before it stopped being used. Chris Weller was still coaching Maryland. Don't remember the year, but would count that as one of the "historic" arenas we were at, like Harvard's, the Palestra, Cameron Indoor, etc. Years later, we visited the current arena - Rutgers got trounced.
I went to some MBB games at Cole in the 70s when Lefty was the coach. My brother is a Maryland grad, along with his wife and 1 of his kids.

Reaction Score
For Women's Basketball, of course. College or Pro. For my wife and myself, it is 75, almost all over 10 years ago. 62 of them were Rutgers games, as we tried to go to as many away games as possible.

A few were USA Basketball related (scrimmages), WBCA Senior Games, and - oddly enough - all 3 pro leagues of recent vintage. We saw a WNBL team play against the Springfield team at CCSU; saw ABL games at the Palestra and one at the XL Center, and of course the WNBA at Madison Square Garden and in Phoenix. And 5 "other" college arenas where we went to a non-Rutgers game to see a former Rutgers person in a new location (mostly coaching).

A number of the venues are no more, including the only one that I wasn't at (but my wife was) - the old Knight Sport Complex in Miami, when she was visiting an old friend in the area, this was probably the mid-90's when we were first following. Some of the arenas were very, very nice, some (ok, quite a few) not so much.

So the question is - how many arenas have you been to? Any special?
Small sample for basketball - mostly UConn/WNBA/NBA sites in the Northeast.

My thing is baseball - been to all MLB current stadiums, plus 7 no longer in existence, plus a couple pro stadiums in Japan, minor league in the DR & Cactus League.

Newest are Arlington Tx & ATL. ATL is/was unique as they had a zip line in the center field arcade for families at $5 per, not too high but scary enough. Best are those with views like SF, Pitt, Cincy. Contrary to political correctness - I like Tampa's house. Don't like the new "box" stadiums - NYY, NYM, Phil, TX, ATL. Charm in neighborhood settings that are safe & easy to get to are favs for me Twins, RS, Seattle, Milwaukee, Rockies, SD. Roofs are fun - Houston, Miami.

Baseball fans tend to be welcoming & helpful, pleased that you are visiting their stadium - save Phil, NYY, NYM, RS, CWS.

Truly bad but scheduled for replacement is the Oak A's house, multi-use, ancient & risk your life getting there.

If you EVER get a chance to see MLB in Japan, do so. Much the same but totally different crowd, environment, food, atmosphere - even foul balls.

Back to basketball - I love Storrs with all the banners, plaques, stories, easy parking, polite fans, decent food, intimate size. Mohegan isn't half bad either being new, clean, easy to get to.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Extremely Thin
1. Rutgers
2. Gampel
3. MSG
4. North Carolina(both venues)
5. Old Dominion
6. William and Mary
7. Hofstra
8. Greensboro
9. Duke
10. GA Tech
11. Georgetown
12. St. Louis
13. San Antonio
14. Verizon Center/Capital One Center in DC

I hope you showered three times after your trips to #4 :p

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Small sample for basketball - mostly UConn/WNBA/NBA sites in the Northeast.

My thing is baseball - been to all MLB current stadiums, plus 7 no longer in existence, plus a couple pro stadiums in Japan, minor league in the DR & Cactus League.

Newest are Arlington Tx & ATL. ATL is/was unique as they had a zip line in the center field arcade for families at $5 per, not too high but scary enough. Best are those with views like SF, Pitt, Cincy. Contrary to political correctness - I like Tampa's house. Don't like the new "box" stadiums - NYY, NYM, Phil, TX, ATL. Charm in neighborhood settings that are safe & easy to get to are favs for me Twins, RS, Seattle, Milwaukee, Rockies, SD. Roofs are fun - Houston, Miami.

Baseball fans tend to be welcoming & helpful, pleased that you are visiting their stadium - save Phil, NYY, NYM, RS, CWS.

Truly bad but scheduled for replacement is the Oak A's house, multi-use, ancient & risk your life getting there.

If you EVER get a chance to see MLB in Japan, do so. Much the same but totally different crowd, environment, food, atmosphere - even foul balls.

Back to basketball - I love Storrs with all the banners, plaques, stories, easy parking, polite fans, decent food, intimate size. Mohegan isn't half bad either being new, clean, easy to get to.
Interesting. My only quibble - Yankee Stadium is a new "box" stadium? Having been to both the old and new Yankee Stadiums, I found that the new one very much felt like the old one with more space to move around - am I missing something? And while it was miserable to get to and even worse to get out of, at least in my time the Yankee Stadium area was safe enough. The only area I went over the years that didn't feel safe was the Trenton arena where WBB NCAA tourney games were held in 2006 - oddly enough went to a concert there once that felt much better. The easiest sports area to get in and out - was the complex in Philadelphia. We attended some concerts, as well as NCAA at the newer arena and even a couple events at the since demolished "Spectrum".

I do agree about fan bases in general. Our only away baseball was a game at Wrigley and Fenway, although that was for a Yankee game at Fenway, not surprised we were heckled. Wrigley wasn't overly friendly, but ok.

Toured Chase Field in Phoenix a year or 2 after moving here, although we have never been to a game. Thought it was remarkably unappealing, unless, again, I am missing something.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
My most exotic place...

Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul (Asian side), for the World Championships in 2014, and joined by about half a dozen other Boneyarders.

Four UConn starters: Sue, Diana, Maya, and Tina... with Brittney in the center. Maya was the MVP. Stewie was a rookie...

DSCF1831A.jpg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Gampel
XL Center
Mohegan Sun
Bridgeport
Madison Square Garden
USF
UCF
Amalie Center in Tampa

Reaction Score
For Women's Basketball, of course. College or Pro. For my wife and myself, it is 75, almost all over 10 years ago. 62 of them were Rutgers games, as we tried to go to as many away games as possible.

A few were USA Basketball related (scrimmages), WBCA Senior Games, and - oddly enough - all 3 pro leagues of recent vintage. We saw a WNBL team play against the Springfield team at CCSU; saw ABL games at the Palestra and one at the XL Center, and of course the WNBA at Madison Square Garden and in Phoenix. And 5 "other" college arenas where we went to a non-Rutgers game to see a former Rutgers person in a new location (mostly coaching).

A number of the venues are no more, including the only one that I wasn't at (but my wife was) - the old Knight Sport Complex in Miami, when she was visiting an old friend in the area, this was probably the mid-90's when we were first following. Some of the arenas were very, very nice, some (ok, quite a few) not so much.

So the question is - how many arenas have you been to? Any special?
Not too many:

Gampel (Senior night in '14 (Bria Hartley and Big Mama Stef) and '19 (Kobe and GiGi in attendance...Phee and Lou's last reg season home game)
Hofheinz Pavilion (U of Houston)
Fertitta Center (U of Houston)
Arena at USF
Ohio State's Arena
Vanderbilt's arena,
Moody Coliseum (SMU)
Alamo Dome (San Antonio Stars game)
Compaq Center (Houston Comets)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors