How long have you been attending UConn games? | The Boneyard

How long have you been attending UConn games?

Reaction Score
What a lovely video. I went to my first UConn game in 2017, against DePaul at the new Wintrust Arena. I could only attend bi-yearly until UConn rejoined the Big East, which I can now attend at least once per season.

Reaction Score
I have not been able to attend many games since I was a kid (first game was in '94) due to distance and/or cost. I usually go watch UConn play in the conference tourney and/or regional games every year now that I am older and have the means.

I wish they would start scheduling Syracuse again so I could see them up here. :)

Reaction Score
I watched my first game in 1995 (MLK Day game against UT), but I attended my first game in 2014 for Senior Day for Stephanie Dolson and Bria Hartley. I have attended two Seniors Days since then (the last one was Pheesa and KLS's Senior Day when Kobe and GiGi were in attendance) and away games at USF, Houston (2x), SMU, Vanderbilt, Tulane, Ohio State and Texas (the only loss of any game I attended).

Reaction Score
The 1st game I attended in person was in Dec 1994. The most recent game I attended was vs. Georgetown on Jan 7th. There were many games in between including Sr nights, 1st and 2nd round NCAA games, NCAA Regionals, and 2 Final Fours.

Reaction Score
I am from Bristol and I started going to games to watch Laura Lishness play . Later Kathy Ferrier played. Started season’s tickets in 1995. COVID stopped my run of season’s tickets. Been to five winning Final Fours. Go Huskies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
December 5th, 2003 at Pepperdine and December 7th at USC were the first.

Been to a couple other west coast swings, a half-dozen regionals and 4 final fours since then.

Already have tix for the Albany regional -- fingers crossed that's where they're placed.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure of the date, but my wife and I attended many games at Georgetown, Villanova, and Temple because they were close to our home in MD. When my aunt was alive in Florida, I would schedule visits in order to see games at USF or UCF. I also caught two games at ECU, sneaking in via a back door 90 minutes before tipoff so I could chat with Megan, Kerith or Justine. Our all time highlight was staying in St. Thomas with the team that featured Stewart, MoJeff, Farris, etal.

Reaction Score
Since 1995....

Only when you've been at Carolina or Tennessee....Never been to Storrs.

I imagine it would be a fun atmosphere in Storrs!! Can you take the train from NYC to Storrs? Is that possible? That's would be what make's it fun for me.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Since 1995....

Only when you've been at Carolina or Tennessee....Never been to Storrs.

I imagine it would be a fun atmosphere in Storrs!! Can you take the train from NYC to Storrs? Is that possible? That's would be what make's it fun for me.
Amtrak to Hartford is as close as you can get. I'm moving to NYC or Jersey City when I retire in a few years, so I will get to see a lot of teams in the NE after that. Rutgers is already my 2nd favorite in sports, so I'll see more of their games, but I really want to see a Harvard/Yale game at the Yale Bowl and certainly USC/UCONN WBB games in Hartford and Storrs. Also, there are so many great college games at MSG and Barclays. I have a travel YouTube Channel and I'll definitely feature some of those trips. I've always wanted to attend a game at Gampel.

Reaction Score
First home game was when Kara was a freshmen. First road game was at Duke when DT was playing.

Reaction Score
My first game was likely before Geno’s first…granted, he’s been at many more!

Reaction Score
Amtrak to Hartford is as close as you can get. I'm moving to NYC or Jersey City when I retire in a few years, so I will get to see a lot of teams in the NE after that. Rutgers is already my 2nd favorite in sports, so I'll see more of their games, but I really want to see a Harvard/Yale game at the Yale Bowl and certainly USC/UCONN WBB games in Hartford and Storrs. Also, there are so many great college games at MSG and Barclays. I have a travel YouTube Channel and I'll definitely feature some of those trips. I've always wanted to attend a game at Gampel.
Come see a Syracuse WBB game some time and I’ll treat you to your drink of choice. :) You can take Amtrak from the city to Albany and then on to Syracuse. The Dome is a short taxi ride away from the station. You could come see a Le Moyne game up here too if you timed it right!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Come see a Syracuse WBB game some time and I’ll treat you to your drink of choice. :) You can take Amtrak from the city to Albany and then on to Syracuse. The Dome is a short taxi ride away from the station. You could come see a Le Moyne game up here too if you timed it right!
Sounds awesome! I'd love to see a Syracuse game at the dome.

Reaction Score
I'm retiring also in a couple of years (55) but I'm torn between Seattle and Minneapolis. I love, love, love Seattle and have family there and have been to a UW football game and several Mariners games. Minneapolis is where my heart is. I have attended a University of Minnesota Hockey game against Penn State and a Twins game. Hockey is something I could learn to like a lot.

Of all the places I've ever been (and I've been all over America), Minneapolis is the friendliest, most welcoming place I've ever been to. For me, I could care less if I ever go back to California, Florida, or any of the Gulf States except for Texas (I do like Austin). I thought for many years, I would retire in Asheville but I may just keep my Tennessee house since it's 35 minutes north of Asheville on the Tennessee side of the border. I will need to keep a residence in the south as I own rental property in TN and NC.

Give Minneapolis a try!!! You won't regret it!!

Reaction Score
Now, I'm jealous:D

I did not get an invite!!

Reaction Score
Going back to pre-11 championships. Thank you, Geno, CD the many awesome players and GOAT's. It's been a wonderful ride.

Reaction Score

My first Uconn game was on he Radio. Men's games. My first attended game, in the old Field house was in 1962 Uconn was part of the old Yankee Conference, mostly New England States and Holy Cross. I was a member then of the NON Teaching faculty. The NIT was the big deal. Getting to the Madison Square Garden was Huge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom