How good is our defense? | The Boneyard

How good is our defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously the loss today was terribly disappointing, but our defense thoroughly shut down N.C. State aside from the one big play on third and long.

N.C. State had the ball 14 times (not counting either possesion at the end of the halves when they were trying to run out the clock) and they only managed to compile 258 total yards and ten points. In addition, N.C. State was on the field for 32+ minutes, mostly due to our incompetant offense. That is awful long time to be on the field without showing any signs of wearing down, especially considering their veteran line.

We're only two games in, but I believe it's possible that we have an SEC type defense. Not an LSU or Alabama defense, but a middle of the pack SEC defense, and that's pretty damn impressive considering where this program was ten years ago. If the offense can make some strides, I believe we'll have a shot in the dark at winning the conference, because if the first two games are any indication, the defense will keep us in every game. If we can take care of buisness at home and steal a game or two on the road, we'll be right there at the end.

I'm admittedly not the biggest UConn football fan, given I've only been following the team for three years and probably can't name 15 players on the team, but the stagment offense sure does get old. I sure hope this group doesn't continue to derail what should be a fun season, because the defense has the ability to do some special things from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom