How does the Big East fit in? | The Boneyard

How does the Big East fit in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Talks about a playoff with big 10, big 12, PAC 10, ACC, SEC. Not much mention of Big East outside of the fact Cinci was a less sexy choice than an SEC team. Will a playoff force ND put of independence or will they get a sweetheart deal? Sounds like the rose bowl situation is already giving big 10 and PAC 10 a +1...

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=7851633

Reaction Score
Tranghese opposed a playoff in 2008. What an idiot. Glad he is gone.

There is not any talk in this article about excluding the Big East, they just pointed out that last year we didn't have a team worthy of the top 4 which is true. They didn't mention that our conference champ beat the ACC conference champ in the Orange bowl, (our champ was WVU not Cincy) but that is ESPN bias for you.

Reaction Score
Talks about a playoff with big 10, big 12, PAC 10, ACC, SEC. Not much mention of Big East outside of the fact Cinci was a less sexy choice than an SEC team. Will a playoff force ND put of independence or will they get a sweetheart deal? Sounds like the rose bowl situation is already giving big 10 and PAC 10 a +1...

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=7851633

When are you going to change that awful gif? It is beyond terrible.

Reaction Score
An automatic BCS bowl bid has been a tremendous merit for recruiting, status, money, etc. However, it was also an axe held over the Big East's head. As fans, many of us were concerned with losing the automatic bid. It was also a tremendous source of media bashing. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I don't believe the four team playoff will entirely be a negative for the league. Like everyone else, I'm rooting for an eventual eight team playoff which would benefit most everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom