How did you first hear about the Boneyard? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

How did you first hear about the Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So from that page....

Deadrody is still around. SuzyQ is still around. Swami is still around. Prankster is still around. "x" is still around, but his handle is "pj" now and he sticks to the realignment board. DrDos is still around.

I'm sure some of the other names on that board are still here under different names.

Washington Husky, who started that thread on that page, was Dogfather. He used to be Washington Husky when he lived out West. One time, he asked me for my number and I gave it to him and he called me rambling on about the game at like midnight EST having never met before. Those were the days he'd let his baby son splash around in a puddle of bleach on the kitchen floor too.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Where is uconnhenry, btw?

I emailed him about a year or two ago and he said he was fine, just "taking a break" from The Boneyard. Henry apparently takes long breaks. Thought about him on April Fools Day, as that was his time to create mayhem.

I'm not sure exactly when I found The Boneyard...sometime in between '99 and '03. The first Boneyarder I met in person was Henry at the parade following the 2004 NC. I still came to the next BYC.

Reaction Score
The former AZHuskie tipped me off to the board in the late 90's
This was before he actually moved to AZ and was just a lurker
Since I was working 70 hours a week in those days
I had little time to do do anything but lurk occasionally myself.
When I retired I pretty much threw myself into golf. WorlAcholic to Golf is like going from Heroin to Metadone.
Finally ,In 2011, I decided to get a handle and ripped off my son's name adding POP
He since changed his name , perhaps , an act of filial rebellion.
Against the embaressment of his father's rantings
Se la vie

Reaction Score
Perusing the ESPN boards back in the 2001-2002 season i think a poster named Duzypies recruited myself over. Haven't seen that name on the board in a while.

Reaction Score
Bret or one of the Kervicks mentioned the Boneyard on her mail list. I checked it out and the first post I saw was some UMass idiot talking trash.

My first handle was GoUConn. At the time, the board allowed multiple similar handles and a guy who called himself GOUCONN came along, with his semi-profane but infinitely hilarious rants. I didn't want people to think I only used adjectives that started with the letter F so I changed my handle.

Nan - think you're referring to GOUCONN21. I miss that guy. Assume it was a guy because he had an obsession with Britany Spears and a lot of other related stuff. Seemed to me he used to post once per week and his posts were worth waiting for. As an aside, in that same time frame I was on business in Cleveland, Ohio and saw a license plate "GOUCONN" and wondered if that was my favorite poster. The other thing I miss is Fishy's "odds and ends" which included turkeys flying over the table at Thanksgiving. Anyhow, I go way back to Husky Howl, Husky Harecore which several have mentioned.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nan - think you're referring to GOUCONN21. I miss that guy. Assume it was a guy because he had an obsession with Britany Spears and a lot of other related stuff. Seemed to me he used to post once per week and his posts were worth waiting for. As an aside, in that same time frame I was on business in Cleveland, Ohio and saw a license plate "GOUCONN" and wondered if that was my favorite poster.
He is still here, goes by GOUCONN. Mostly posts in the Cesspool, Entertainment and Pro Sports forums. Doubt that was his car in Ohio; he lives in CT.

Reaction Score
I was a corn farmer in Iowa at the time. My sources told me that "if I built it, they will come." So, I did what any rational person would do: I built a baseball field. And wouldn't you know it, they did. Sensing that my sources could do no wrong, I asked if there was anything else I should do. They told me to go to the boneyard. Anyway, the time not spent in a padded room is now spent here. The people in white jackets are nice, but I'd prefer to be elsewhere. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure my sources are make-believe.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Perusing the ESPN boards back in the 2001-2002 season i think a poster named Duzypies recruited myself over. Haven't seen that name on the board in a while.
He's still around on the football board, forget his most recent handle.

Reaction Score
Wow, another name from the past I had totally forgot about.

Reaction Score
Was looking for a message forum, that talked about UConn basketball, and the rest is history. :p

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I first heard about it from a cousin of mine who used to post on the old BigEast.org board with the user name Tuke. I'm not sure if any of you guys remember him from there. I was a lurker on that board, but was a poster on the Rivals board until for some reason everyone stopped using it and I moved to the BY full-time.

Reaction Score
2004 SI commemoritive issue. MJim Calhoun called you looneys out for not loving Taliek. Been hooked ever since..

``He had one of the great lines. We have something called the Boneyard at UConn, a chat
icon1.png
room kind of thing. His last line tonight was, `What are they going to write about now?' He never had to be vindicated in my mind. He's one of the best point guards who ever played for UConn.''

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Stuart Levine and Frank D'Angelo started the boneyard. They got the ball rolling. Not sure if one was the leader, or both were equal partners. But they came up with the name, and started the site.

So who was Adam and who was Eve?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Washington Husky, who started that thread on that page, was Dogfather. He used to be Washington Husky when he lived out West. One time, he asked me for my number and I gave it to him and he called me rambling on about the game at like midnight EST having never met before. Those were the days he'd let his baby son splash around in a puddle of bleach on the kitchen floor too.

A ride down memory lane. Didn't he publicly declare he took dook against UConn in one of the big games because there was a pizza or some other food item for the winner? I'm pretty sure I rode with him during one of the BYC golf tourneys.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm hammered tonight..oh yeah that's how I found my way!;)

Not hammered, but I'm enjoying a few of these tonight.

I think I go back to the Hartford Courant board or McD's. Like most, I honestly don't remember when I joined. Sort of like a wife and marriage. No one really knows, we all just go with what is on the calendar.

Leinenkugels-Canoe-Paddler.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer