How bad do you want this one compared to the others? | The Boneyard

How bad do you want this one compared to the others?

Reaction Score
1999, the first, will never be surpassed.

But this team is such a delight, so unique, so special, that I want this one more than probably any other.

Yes, the 2004 team was excellent and Okafor in particular deserved it. Kemba's run was special and a terrific capstone on Calhoun's career. "This is what happens when you ban us" will live forever. Hurley making good on "you better get us now" and rescuing the program from purgatory was both amazing and a relief.

But this one, we have a chance to do something that few programs have ever achieved. We have a chance to cement our return to the top now and unequivocally stamp our place in the sport forever. We have a chance at immortality. And I want it bad -- for our players, for our coaches, and for us.

Reaction Score
I want this so bad because of the recruiting against NIL money. We'll cement ourselves as the undisputable winning program moving forward and will help us recruit winners vs the players who want to get the biggest penny. In other words it can give us an even bigger edge in players' decisions if it comes down to that. That's my take

Reaction Score
Great question. This is right behind number 1 for me. Shabazz and Kemba runs were amazing and unexpected. 04 had a lot of hype and promise. Delivered Last year, was great but not surprising if you missed watching BE games.

But back to back? The way we are doing it. It’s more impressive than Duke and Florida b2b

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Honestly, there’s this anti P5 or P4 now vibe I sense across the sport and I want to crush that. It’s less about UConn than about carrying the flag for programs that put basketball first. We need to win this.

Reaction Score

But this team is such a delight, so unique, so special, that I want this one more than probably any other.

Yes, the 2004 team was excellent and Okafor in particular deserved it. Kemba's run was special and a terrific capstone on Calhoun's career. "This is what happens when you ban us" will live forever. Hurley making good on "you better get us now" and rescuing the program from purgatory was both amazing and a relief.

But this one, we have a chance to do something that few programs have ever achieved. We have a chance to cement our return to the top now and unequivocally stamp our place in the sport forever. We have a chance at immortality. And I want it bad -- for our players, for our coaches, and for us.
Great post. 40 minutes from history. Winning a title always gives you history. But in this era, you may not see this again. Winning 2 in a row.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

1999 was definitely the most.
Then probably 2014 because we were coming off the banning.
2011 was terrific but I always felt like we were playing with house money the whole time.
2004 I liked their chances a lot, so I wasn't all that nervous.
Last year I was mostly excited watching it unfold.

This one is different. I don't know if it's going back to back, or passing Duke with natties, but I've been nervous the whole tournament.

Reaction Score

Also, think about where this puts you in titles in terms of volume in history. I also think this puts DH in the HOF at some point.

Reaction Score
2011 and 2014 I wanted the most because I was in college on campus watching the games. It was a different experience from now. I am really excited for this but in a different way. This is more entertaining and less stressful. I don't WANT it as much, but I do enjoy it just as much.

Reaction Score
The 04 final four and chip was one of the best weekends of my life. I don’t think it can be surpassed. This is prob second. Going back to back is legendary.

We’d also pass Duke and tie Carolina at 6 for third most chips.

Reaction Score
As bad as any of the others. But I would rather lose to a non blue blood P5 than a blue blood or a smaller conference team a la SDSU last year, so I think for me personally it will be easier to get over than like a loss to Duke

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

How bad do you want this one compared to the others?​

1999 - On a scale of one to ten - This one goes to eleven
2004 - On a scale of one to ten - This one goes to eleven
2011 - On a scale of one to ten - This one goes to eleven
2014 - On a scale of one to ten - This one goes to eleven
2023 - On a scale of one to ten - This one goes to eleven
2024 - On a scale of one to ten - This one goes to eleven

By the way, the same could have been said for another half dozen seasons over the years.

Reaction Score
When you get this close I want all of them the same amount. O.K. maybe 1999 was a little higher. But tough to get this close and not want it really badly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom