HOPE AJA WAS WATCHING | The Boneyard

HOPE AJA WAS WATCHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope Aja Wilson was watching last night. I also hope she was watching Stephanie closely and observing her great growth while at Uconn. If she comes to Uconn and is even close to Stephanie's desire and drive, it will be a pleasure to watch her. I also hope she realizes what team basketball is and wants to be part of a TRUE TEAM. She would also have probably the best basketabll coach at any level ,men or women.
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I hope Aja Wilson was watching last night. I also hope she was watching Stephanie closely and observing her great growth while at Uconn. If she comes to Uconn and is even close to Stephanie's desire and drive, it will be a pleasure to watch her. I also hope she realizes what team basketball is and wants to be part of a TRUE TEAM. She would also have probably the best basketabll coach at any level ,men or women.
Go Huskies!
A'ja Wilson, will be playing at South Carolina. Just a prediction. Write it down and remind me next spring...

Reaction Score
A'ja Wilson, will be playing at South Carolina. Just a prediction. Write it down and remind me next spring...

If that turns out to be true then she would not be the type of player to flourish at Uconn. My take is I don't see how she doesn't come here.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Count on it. As for me, I don't know, having no info to support a prognostication.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A'ja is currently playing in a tournament in Myrtle Beach, SC. Wonder if Geno remained in the south to attend. BTW, also playing in Myrtle Beach tonight will be two of A'ja's finalists: UNC v South Carolina at 7pm. As best I can tell, the game will not be on TV which is unfortunate.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
A'ja is currently playing in a tournament in Myrtle Beach, SC. Wonder if Geno remained in the south to attend. BTW, also playing in Myrtle Beach tonight will be two of A'ja's finalists: UNC v South Carolina at 7pm. As best I can tell, the game will not be on TV which is unfortunate.

As in Godfather II..."what does that tell you"...

Reaction Score
If that turns out to be true then she would not be the type of player to flourish at Uconn. My take is I don't see how she doesn't come here.
There are many factors that will determine where A'ja will go and what she wants from a wcbb career. However, I can't help but think of Geno's statements from last night's post game conference and using it as a litmus test to some extent.
“A kid sitting at home watching us play on television in these kind of games, who decides they want to play here, can’t come here and start thinking, ‘Oh my God, this on 1 vs. 2. This is Cameron Indoor Stadium. How am I going to handle it?,” Auriemma said.
“The kid that comes to Connecticut understands this is why they came here; to play in these kinds of games. But then it’s up to the coaching staff to set the right mindset.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
IMO,if she chooses North or South Carolina,proximity to home had to have come into play.If she chooses Connecticut,then we should thank the three amigos for being great team mates last summer,and we should thank A'ja for the desire to learn from the best coaching staff,or at least the best as far as we are concerned,and her desire to be pushed to become another great Connecticut player/student/woman.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There are many factors that will determine where A'ja will go and what she wants from a wcbb career. However, I can't help but think of Geno's statements from last night's post game conference and using it as a litmus test to some extent.
“A kid sitting at home watching us play on television in these kind of games, who decides they want to play here, can’t come here and start thinking, ‘Oh my God, this on 1 vs. 2. This is Cameron Indoor Stadium. How am I going to handle it?,” Auriemma said.
“The kid that comes to Connecticut understands this is why they came here; to play in these kinds of games. But then it’s up to the coaching staff to set the right mindset.
Good Post RV. Read this and you understand why UConn has done what they've done and other coaches haven't. This says it all. It says where Geno's mind is. After seeing what UConn has done and how Geno has built his team and developed his kids if a recruit doesn't want to come here well there is nothing more you can do. Wilson played with Breanna MoJeff and MTuck. Shes been to UConn. There is nothing more UConn can do. Now its up to her and what she wants.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A'ja had a big game today (30 pts, 24 rebs) in front of coaches from 3 of her final 4 schools. Only UConn coaches missing, a day after soundly defeating the #2 team in the country on national TV.

http://www.beachballclassic.com/2013/12/game08/
Thanks UConnCat. Sometimes I wonder if coaches are chasing kids because they know UConn is ahead of them. From everything I've heard SC leads followed by a very close UConn. UNC and Tenn just entered the picture.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Go Huskies!
Strongly doubt ANYONE can match Steph's total package. Desire, commitment, energy, passing, shooting - its ALL there.
She's one beautiful girl and beautiful person. And no, I am not related to her, only chatted with her at Gampel.

Reaction Score
I believe in another thread Steph said she loved the Duke campus, but wanted to stay closer to home. Could be the same for Aja. Simple as that.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UConn wbb's future does not hinge on A'ja Wilson. If she comes, wonderful. If she doesn't, the sun still will come up and Geno will find a way.
It would go from a great class to a mega class along the lines of TASSK.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It would virtually guarantee undefeated seasons into the sunset (mine).

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Hoopgurls had Stefani ranked #39 in her class. They had Elizabeth Williams ranked #2. Which is now the better player and why? It's a no-brainer. If she is satisfied with herself the way she is, like, say, DeShields, then Carolina (either) would be finah. If she wants to be all that she can be, Like Stef, that is a different matter.

Reaction Score
Hoopgurls had Stefani ranked #39 in her class. They had Elizabeth Williams ranked #2. Which is now the better player and why? It's a no-brainer. If she is satisfied with herself the way she is, like, say, DeShields, then Carolina (either) would be finah. If she wants to be all that she can be, Like Stef, that is a different matter.

Why are people comparing EW to SD ranking coming out of HS ? They are not even in the same class.
A better comparison as far as development would be EW vs Kiah Stokes, and I think the jury is still out
on that one. They are pretty similar in style and demeanor.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I hope Ms. Wilson is watching the N/S Carolina scrum this eve.
A different class of BB from what UConn plays.

Reaction Score
IMO, she will not be coming to CT next year. I think Geno was speaking to her in his post game comments.........UCONN is not for every player and Aja will be more comfortable in SC or GA. Where expectations are low, no press, no National TV games.........

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
IMO, she will not be coming to CT next year. I think Geno was speaking to her in his post game comments.........UCONN is not for every player and Aja will be more comfortable in SC or GA. Where expectations are low, no press, no National TV games.........

I'm just curious what you have seen that gives you that indication. Certainly not from her or her family.

Geno was talking to her basically saying don't come if you cant handle it? Bull. It was for ALL the recruits he goes after. UConn ISN'T for everyone.

This is the kind of stuff that Ozzie was referring to. Made up. Sure you can have an opinion that you think she will not come to UConn. But it's insulting to say that she only wants to go where the expectations are low, no press and no National TV games. Where the heck are you getting this from?

Reaction Score
I'm just curious what you have seen that gives you that indication. Certainly not from her or her family.

Geno was talking to her basically saying don't come if you cant handle it? Bull. It was for ALL the recruits he goes after. UConn ISN'T for everyone.

This is the kind of stuff that Ozzie was referring to. Made up. Sure you can have an opinion that you think she will not come to UConn. But it's insulting to say that she only wants to go where the expectations are low, no press and no National TV games. Where the heck are you getting this from?
Yes, it's presumptious and insulting. She'll pick a school for whatever her reasons, but not because a program is too challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom