Hoopgurlz 2016 top 25 rankings | The Boneyard

Hoopgurlz 2016 top 25 rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Thanks. Among the players UConn coaches visited (at school, not in-home) during September include #7 Dangerfield, #8 Ramirez and #10 McCoy.

I love posts that tell me something I did not know. Thanks Cat.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I had heard about Dangerfield from a friend of mine from the Summitt.

Ramirez, havent heard of yet.

Good stuff.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Texas has 6 of the 25 listed, including 3 of the top 8....maybe it is not such a bad thing that we play twice in Texas, once in Houston and once in Dallas..?? :cool: Lauren Cox lives just north of Dallas...#5 Joyner Holmes is just south of Dallas...just saying..

Florida had 2, so ditto for playing in Orlando and Tampa... Since those listed don't graduate until 2016, a whole lot can change, but New York had 0 players listed...(UConn has 4 from NY on current roster)...a bit strange....:eek:
Go Huskies...

Reaction Score
Surprising lack of New England and Mid Atlantic representation in the top 25. Only Desiree Elmore from Hartford is listed. You would think there would be one or two Breanna Stewarts or Bria Hartleys out there.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Surprising lack of New England and Mid Atlantic representation in the top 25. Only Desiree Elmore from Hartford is listed. You would think there would be one or two Breanna Stewarts or Bria Hartleys out there.
Early days yet and some of the biggest AAU travel programs for younger players are southern/western so maybe less early exposure for the NE players

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ohio has zero in the top 25 and depending on what service 0-1 players in the top 60(c/o 2015). Usually Ohio has some talent a least every other year.

Also surprising is Georgia, which has been a hotbed of talent lately has 0.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox and family visited Texas unofficially this past weekend; they were in attendance at the Nebraska/Texas volleyball agame s Cox is also an elite volleyball player:

BUteJAaCMAAAT9h.jpg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
it is about time Dangerfield got some respect

# 7
Well she should. She apparently has this wild slice of a shot that bounces off a couple of heads before it caroms into the basket. And she's great at rejections. Would be real good for UConn.

Reaction Score
it is about time Dangerfield got some respect

# 7

more information on Dangerfield:

* grandfather fought for the West in the Civil war

* RD asked dad to take him to the zoo, dad said they will come and get you when they need you

* RD told kids someday you will have children of your own, kids said so will you

* RD would come home so drunk a mosquito bite him, then flew into a wall

Reaction Score
Whoever compiled the list of rising sophomores and freshmen has not seen alot of players. They've been to a few AAU tournaments in which these players shined.
These lists will change drastically over the next year or two. Granted the northeast has declined in recent years, but don't take them as gospel.

If anyone gets to see Capital Prep play this year, you'll be in for a treat.

Reaction Score
Do you know if Cox is planning on being a 2 sport athlete with basketball and volleyball? If so that would take UConn out of the picture.

Having seen the U16 games on stream I was extremely impressed by Lauren Cox. This is a legitimate impact post and possesses tremendous athleticism. I was even more impressed with her level of tenacity and aggression especially for someone her age. The way she goes after every rebound and seems to block anything within her radar. Runs the floor like a gazelle on top of it all. At the time I was thinking she had to be a top 5 player in her class and this was before the rankings came out. A true center is hard to find especially one this good.

Reaction Score
Do you know if Cox is planning on being a 2 sport athlete with basketball and volleyball? If so that would take UConn out of the picture.

Having seen the U16 games on stream I was extremely impressed by Lauren Cox. This is a legitimate impact post and possesses tremendous athleticism. I was even more impressed with her level of tenacity and aggression especially for someone her age. The way she goes after every rebound and seems to block anything within her radar. Runs the floor like a gazelle on top of it all. At the time I was thinking she had to be a top 5 player in her class and this was before the rankings came out. A true center is hard to find especially one this good.

Cox is the real deal. She wants to be the next Elena Delle Donn but her game looks more like a baby Stewart to me. She's more of a tall 4 then she is a true 5.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno was at Flower Mound (TX) High School today, no doubt to see Lauren Cox.

Reaction Score
Lauren Cox and family visited Texas unofficially this past weekend; they were in attendance at the Nebraska/Texas volleyball agame s Cox is also an elite volleyball player:

BUteJAaCMAAAT9h.jpg

That tower still scares the crap out of me.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I guess I'm showing my "age", when I find myself feeling uncomfortable about ranking kids who are literally in their first month of their sophomore year in high school. Many is the time that we've observed that talented high school seniors don't always turn into talented college players, yet, here we are, scoping out the 15-year-olds. Not for me.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom