Hoopfeed (with video): Honesty is the policy for Auriemma | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed (with video): Honesty is the policy for Auriemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Auriemma talked about the Jimmy V Classic Dinner held in New York City last week. One by one the coaches took the podium. One after the other they each said their teams were young, that they cannot look too far ahead, and so on. Auriemma’s response: “Coaches are so full of B.S. to each other.”

“I’m telling you now, we’re going to be very good this year,” he continued “Then Mark Gottfried (head coach of North Carolina State men’s team) went up there and said ‘I agree with Geno, we’re going to be really good this year.’ So there are going to be two good teams in the country this year, us and the NC State men’s team.”

http://wp.me/pwd9L-5yx

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Great article David and love the story from the Jimmy V dinner which we hadn't heard from the other reporters. Geno is typically very honest about his team, both when expectations should be high and also when they shouldn't. I've always loved the fact that he's not afraid to say his team is really good. Good to hear Gottfried followed his lead!

Reaction Score
Thank you! Glad you liked it. You should be seeing a lot more coverage out of me and Hoopfeed this season. I will be trying not to duplicate the other guys though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom