Hoopfeed: Sun & Dream rack up honors as they ready for the playoffs | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed: Sun & Dream rack up honors as they ready for the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A few thoughts and observations from my end of the court yesterday! Enjoy!

On a beautiful New England day, perfect for picking apples, members of the Connecticut Sun and Atlanta Dream picked up individual honors, milestones and achievements instead, as 9,143 people packed Mohegan Sun to see two of the four Eastern Conference playoff teams finish the regular season.

The Sun won the game comfortably, 92-72, securing home court advantage throughout the playoffs against everyone except Western conference champion Minnesota, but that was almost lost in the achievements completed during this game.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...for-the-playoffs-with-spirited-season-finale/

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to all the leaders.

Adopted Husky Kara Lawson had a great season and made a nice gesture for Coach Pat. I'll look for her husband in the NYC Marathon.

Congrats to Lindsey Harding--the first class of 2007 player to hit 2,000 career points.

Congrats to Tina and Angel, the top rebounder and scorer. TINA!!

Reaction Score
Checking out stats, not sure how people can NOT vote Tina Charles MVP.

Comparing her and Parker, she has more points, more rebounds, her team won their conference, and she's second to Parker in blocks.

Voepel likes Maya, but Minny looked totally lost when they sat Whalen; tough for me to vote for Maya when Whalen is so important to that team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Comparing her and Parker, she has more points, more rebounds, her team won their conference, and she's second to Parker in blocks.

Voepel likes Maya, but Minny looked totally lost when they sat Whalen; tough for me to vote for Maya when Whalen is so important to that team.
I had them--Tina and Maya--neck -and-neck, but Minnesota's weak finish, even though they had clinched the top spot, causes me to give it to Tina. That's my vote.

After Tina and Maya, I'd have Catch, Cappie, Angel, then maybe Candace.

Reaction Score

You, obviously, follow basketball much more closely than I do, yet your reasoning here has me beyond perplexed.

Reaction Score
You, obviously, follow basketball much more closely than I do, yet your reasoning here has me beyond perplexed.

Sure, please let me elaborate. Maya is one of the best all around players in the league, but the definition of MVP to me doesn't necessarily equal best player.

In fact with the Lynx, I first thought Augustus might be the most important (valuable) player, but they continued to win when she was hurt. Then I thought Maya, but when Whalen sat last week the team seemed totally lost.

Therefore I can't decide who is the MVP of that team, so how could they be MVP of the whole league?

With Charles there is no question that no matter how good Kara and Asjha are, Tina is the MVP of the best team in the East.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
D&S, because on and off the court Maya has altered the nature of the team affecting everyone. Taj has said so.

Reaction Score
That's why this stuff is fun, you can justify them all, including Catchings, and Jayda made a good argument for Bird for MVP today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom