Holy Cross - UConn Game Score Prediction Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Holy Cross - UConn Game Score Prediction Thread

Reaction Score
17-7

Brutally bad offensive team still and first game for QB

Just glad we don't have to suffer through watching anymore of BS (knock on wood)

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
13-7 at halftime. Pull away in the second half, they get a field goal and garbage time touchdown 34-17. Good Guys prevail

Reaction Score
Yuuuggggeeeee interest for HCRE's return to the Rent

Just an FYI that I've been on the phone with the group ticket office and they said there are about 21,000 tickets sold for tonight's game.

Reaction Score
New coaching staff, QB etc keeps UConn score down (it probably won't be our defense, believe me).

Pujals will probably generate around 14-17 points himself.

Huskies 30 Saders 17

On to Bucknell :)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
17-7

Brutally bad offensive team still and first game for QB

Just glad we don't have to suffer through watching anymore of BS (knock on wood)

You may be the only poster on this site who "suffered" from watching BS.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross scores early in first quarter. Edsall loses his mind on the sidelines and has to be restrained by the state police assigned to "watch/guard" him. That gets everyone's attention but Uconn doesn't tie the score til early 2nd quarter 7-7. UConn scores again late in the 2nd quarter but only a chippy 30 yard field goal that the wind almost ruins. Halftime 10-7 UConn. UConn's Defense has figured it out and starts to really apply pressure in the third quarter resulting in two turnovers by Holy Cross. Arkeel runs one in from less than 10 yards after one of those HC turnovers. Pindell hits a receiver in the end zone after the other. End of 3rd Quarter UConn up 24-7. Uconn's D continues to put pressure on the QB but a Husky offensive turnover followed by a couple missed assignments by the young DB's allows Holy Cross to get within pretty good field goal range. The 12th man(the wind) cancels that chance for points. Half way through the fourth Edsall pulls the starters on Offense. Sherrifs comes in and it's run, run, play action pass attempt and with about 3 minutes left they score one more time. It isn't pretty but they actually score some points, beat a team soundly that they should beat and the coaches get a pretty good idea of just where the team needs the most work. Final UConn 31 Holy Cross 7.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Hard to get a sense of what UConn will be this season. New HC, OC, new DC. New schemes and offensive sets. So this will be a shot in the dark.

UConn 35 HC 7.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
27-10 Huskies.

Game isn't ever in doubt but cracks are definitely visible.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I care more about the play of the offensive line than the final score. If we win by 40 because of Newsome and Holy Cross's inability to keep up with a no tempo offense for 4 quarters...and do not establish ourselves on the LOS...I will be less encouraged than a vanilla 20 point win where we run basic plays and dominate on the line.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
38-10. It's close in first half as the offense takes some time to get going. By the end of the 3rd, it's not close and HC is unable to move the ball due to a stifling defense
Exact score I have.

Reaction Score
I care more about the play of the offensive line than the final score. If we win by 40 because of Newsome and Holy Cross's inability to keep up with a no tempo offense for 4 quarters...and do not establish ourselves on the LOS...I will be less encouraged than a vanilla 20 point win where we run basic plays and dominate on the line.

wisdom

Reaction Score
I hope to see a traditional Edsall vs 1AA game. Build a good lead by midway into the 3rd quarter then start seeing some backups with the kid from Fairfield running the offense for the last few drives in the 4th a la Larson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom