Highlights v. PC | The Boneyard

Highlights v. PC

Reaction Score
Didn't get to watch the game live tonight. Thanks!

Was at a Billy Strings concert that, while very entertaining, doesn't match up to a Providence pulverization.

UConn baby!! Lez go.

Reaction Score
I hope that was someone on this forum clapping their Miller Lite 12oz can at 0:55.

Reaction Score
“And he’s pushing it, pushing it good!”

Priceless. I wonder if Salt N Pepa are due royalties?

The 40 second mark on highlights for those confused.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Nice job with the highlights. Could easily be a season highlight reel.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really liked the play in the first half with the steal and pass ahead to Newton for the dunk. Yes, Sanogo was also ahead of the pack but with the passing issues UConn has had on the fast break I was glad to see someone not get cute and just make the play.

Also liked the play about a minute in to the second half when Jackson got the steal right at half court and was very cognizant about being right over the half court line and waiting until Newton was clearly in the front court before passing it. Smart court awareness.

Reaction Score
Really liked the play in the first half with the steal and pass ahead to Newton for the dunk. Yes, Sanogo was also ahead of the pack but with the passing issues UConn has had on the fast break I was glad to see someone not get cute and just make the play.
Great point, commentators were complaining about Sanogo not getting easy points, but I could honestly see a drop off to him that gets fumbled, or he gets too energized and overshoots the dunk. Two points is two points and got the team hype

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Also liked the play about a minute in to the second half when Jackson got the steal right at half court and was very cognizant about being right over the half court line and waiting until Newton was clearly in the front court before passing it. Smart court awareness.
I was just going to comment on Ajax waiting for Newton to cross half-court before passing the ball to him. Very heady play.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
At 2:30 in the video:

Sanogo block
Newton rebound
Jackson OOB save
Newton steal
Jackson assist
Hawkins 3
Everybody got in on turning a disaster into a highlight for the ages.

I like games where the highlight reel is almost as long as the game.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I think this was Newton’s first dunk? Has to at least be his first BE dunk?

Reaction Score
I think this was Newton’s first dunk? Has to at least be his first BE dunk?
He dunked also in a non-BE game against LIU-Brooklyn. I was surprised when he did that because I remember thinking "I didn't know he could dunk".

Reaction Score
He dunked also in a non-BE game against LIU-Brooklyn. I was surprised when he did that because I remember thinking "I didn't know he could dunk".
According to Torvik he's dunked in Buffalo, Georgetown, and last game.

g_smith

Reaction Score
I think we can all agree last nights was his best. Hope to see another one before his college career comes to an end.

g_smith

Reaction Score
I had the same thought last night. I knew he’s 6’5” but couldn’t remember if I’d seen him dunk yet. Other ones probably weren’t as epic. Reminds me of when I first saw Neils Giffey lift off.

Reaction Score
I noticed over the last two game that Sanogo is starting to enjoy passing. That could be huge. The team should rain accolades upon
him for reinforcement,

Reaction Score
Ok so it was Buffalo. I knew it was one of those cupcake teams in the beginning of season after the PK tournament and before BE play.

Reaction Score
I noticed over the last two game that Sanogo is starting to enjoy passing. That could be huge. The team should rain accolades upon
him for reinforcement,
I agree a passing Sanogo is better. UConn coaches are putting him in better spots where he can see the floor better and make better passes (between foul line and 3 pt line, elbows and elbow extended).

Dauster talks about this in his Top Dogs video after the win against Providence between the 16:15-19:30 or something like.

Reaction Score
Should have had another one today late in the first half on the break away. Not sure why he didn't dunk that one. Missed the easy wide open layup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom