Highlights v. Le Cannet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Le Cannet

Reaction Score
I think this is a funny thing to say. None of our starting 5 is a freak athlete by any means, about average by high-major standards. Our team last year was more athletic. Many teams had more pure athleticism over the past 3 decades. The hallmark of the 23-24 team is an exceptionally high skill level, not pure athleticism.
Seems like a reverse of the '09 roster. That team had Kemba, Dyson, Sticks and Oriakhi starting, and that was about it in terms of crazy athletes. I guess Majok too but he never really showcased much

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Love seeing Clingan slinging the 3.

Spencer is going to be amazing. He was great on Rutgets when teams could focus on him. Imagine how good he'll be on a team where everybody can pass and score.

Speaking of passing, there was some great ball movement in that video. Can't take away too much from the highlights given the obvious level of competition (did we have 50 steals?) but if you can move the ball, you can move the ball.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Newton’s shot release looks quicker. Could help him play off ball a lot if he’s a quick catch and shoot threat

Cam knows he isn’t the biggest or most athletic guy, but seems to position himself in ways to make quick and efficient decisions instead of forcing something he isn’t strong at. Really great to see

Lots of passing. From everyone. Love that!

Again with the caveat that it was against a 5th-going-on-4th French division team, Spencer's body control and BBIQ were very impressive. There was a semi-fast break where Cam, rather than lunging himself toward the basket and into a moving a defender, which may have drawn a foul but just as likely would have resulted in a miss or turnover, instead took a dribble left out of the paint, spun around and took an easy 4-footer. Smart and effective.

Totally separately, biggest X factor for me is Samson. I have no idea what we're going to get out of him but if he's good, man.

Reaction Score
Having a bench with athleticism doesn't make you the most athletic Husky team ever, as you originally claimed. That's probably 70% of our minutes. I'm not trying to be an a-wipe here, I really just don't understand what you're trying to say.

Castle is an average athlete, as is Stewart and Ross. Again, size and skill level are their notable strengths, not pure athletici?

Reaction Score
I understand they're playing in basically a high school gym, but how do they play with that lighting? Goodness.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Again with the caveat that it was against a 5th-going-on-4th French division team, Spencer's body control and BBIQ were very impressive. There was a semi-fast break where Cam, rather than lunging himself toward the basket and into a moving a defender, which may have drawn a foul but just as likely would have resulted in a miss or turnover, instead took a dribble left out of the paint, spun around and took an easy 4-footer. Smart and effective.

Totally separately, biggest X factor for me is Samson. I have no idea what we're going to get out of him but if he's good, man.
Loved that savy move by Cam - faked like he was going to dribble through and reset, as soon as the defender laid off just an inch - bang, the stop-turn-and pop,

Reaction Score
Newton and Spencer. That is a very solid place to start from in regards to backcourt play. Takes pressure off the freshman.
We're going to make a lot of hay off of PnR action with Clingan where the roll defender has to choose between stopping the floater in the lane or stopping Clingan get to the rim.

Reaction Score
Amazing ball movement. Very encouraging to see. Cam being a solid 3rd ballhandler really opens things up in the starting unit.
Nat champ run was that passing and assists all the way through.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter if you're young and a benchwarmer. If you have athleticism you have athleticism.

I'm sorry, Castle, Ross, and even Singare have above-average athleticism. Go back and watch film on them. And yes, Samson and Solo would qualify as having ELITE athleticism. This is why I'm purposely using the phrase "above-average."

Average athletes on the team would be Newton, Diarra, Karaban, etc.
LOL telling @husky429 to go back and watch film

Reaction Score
LOL telling @husky429 to go back and watch film

I make mistakes all the time. For example, I'm likely underselling Ross's athleticism because he doesn't really put it to use in games very much. No hard feelings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom