Highest paid employee in every state..no its not Geno | The Boneyard

Highest paid employee in every state..no its not Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here's my yearly refrain each time this list comes out - the article is misleading. Per this article from the New Haven Register: No General Fund (state tax dollars) or tuition monies were used to provide any of the resources for this contract. The Division of Athletics at the University of Connecticut is an Auxiliary Service Fund entity and the sources of revenue include: gate receipts, private fundraising, corporate partnerships, television/radio rights, conference revenues and NCAA revenues.

Reaction Score
Here's my yearly refrain each time this list comes out - the article is misleading. Per this article from the New Haven Register: No General Fund (state tax dollars) or tuition monies were used to provide any of the resources for this contract. The Division of Athletics at the University of Connecticut is an Auxiliary Service Fund entity and the sources of revenue include: gate receipts, private fundraising, corporate partnerships, television/radio rights, conference revenues and NCAA revenues.

Is it not true that UConn (and many other public institutions) run a deficit in their Athletic Department income statement that is subsidized by the school and student fees (I believe it is)? The school is in turn subsidized by the state. To the degree that the coaches salaries are included in the AD expenses, they are being subsidized by the state. If the contracts are funded by 'private donations' that is another accounting shell game. 'Endowed' is the preferred option.

Having said all that it is not a problem for me but has become one for legislators and taxpayers.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Nan, with all due respect do you think the article is misleading?

There is nothing in the article abou implies it is tax dollars paying Kevin Ollie. Its about highest paid.

You might be a little too defensive.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan, with all due respect do you think the article is misleading?

There is nothing in the article abou implies it is tax dollars paying Kevin Ollie. Its about highest paid.

You might be a little too defensive.
Every year this list comes out and every year someone, or a handful of someones, gets irate and starts ranting on the board. In the past, there have been a men's board vs women's board war of words, which never ends well. I'm just trying to head off the yearly rant.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's not about how one is paid, but how much. And Geno has said publicly that Ollie is making more than he is. But of course, Geno really ends up making more, though not on UConn's tab, because of his incredibly long and deep presence in the state has created for him many financial opportunities.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Every year this list comes out and every year someone, or a handful of someones, gets irate and starts ranting on the board. In the past, there have been a men's board vs women's board war of words, which never ends well. I'm just trying to head off the yearly rant.

I'll yield to your knowledge of the board and its members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom