hey, we're allowed to lose a game or two arent we? | The Boneyard

hey, we're allowed to lose a game or two arent we?

JBK

Reaction Score
we still can possibly beat any team in the country with just 5 players. relax! this season is just getting started... :)
We have 8 players. - that’s some of the problem that will stay with us

Reaction Score
Problems. All coaches already know that if they play hard defense, especially on Lou, and with a slow pace controlling the tempo, our Fab 5 have some issues, That's why we need comeone to step in: Caroline? Azzi? I don't know, but the 2 poor kids look very fragile.

Reaction Score
If you check games around the country. There are a lot of upsets happening. With more parity this sort of thing shall become more common. Just wait till the tournament. The days when the better teams can just walze through until the later rounds are over. There will be more and more teams with the talent to knock off favorites if they have a less than stellar night..

Reaction Score
If you check games around the country. There are a lot of upsets happening. With more parity this sort of thing shall become more common. Just wait till the tournament. The days when the better teams can just walze through until the later rounds are over. There will be more and more teams with the talent to knock off favorites if they have a less than stellar night..
This is very true. Well said. I am very concerned that we only have 5 players realistically, so the gauntlet of tournaments is gonna be a lot.

I got a well deserved time-out after the Marquette game. My apologies to all of you. My Mom passed Tuesday. Needed the distraction and joy of a UConn game. MY Dad watched with me (his first time EVER watching a UConn game) and then we lost. Lots kinda intersected at once. You all, and especially our amazing players, deserved better.

Again, my apologies.

Reaction Score
I think Geno said it last year when asked about parity coming to the women's game, and his response was something along the lines of there's a lot of really good, but not great teams, so you're going to get more upsets. Not sure what a great team is, but I assume that's synonymous with dominant. If we had the 2014-15 or 2015-16 UConn team today, I think it would still smoke every team in the top 25 just like it did seven or eight years ago.

JBK

Reaction Score
I think Geno said it last year when asked about parity coming to the women's game, and his response was something along the lines of there's a lot of really good, but not great teams, so you're going to get more upsets. Not sure what a great team is, but I assume that's synonymous with dominant. If we had the 2014-15 or 2015-16 UConn team today, I think it would still smoke every team in the top 25 just like it did seven or eight years ago.
Agreed. If healthy, our next year team can run the table as well

Reaction Score
As long as they learn from them, I’m okay with a couple losses. The regular season only matters to get into (and prepared for) the tournament. Losses in the tournament are what I would very much like UConn to avoid.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is very true. Well said. I am very concerned that we only have 5 players realistically, so the gauntlet of tournaments is gonna be a lot.

I got a well deserved time-out after the Marquette game. My apologies to all of you. My Mom passed Tuesday. Needed the distraction and joy of a UConn game. MY Dad watched with me (his first time EVER watching a UConn game) and then we lost. Lots kinda intersected at once. You all, and especially our amazing players, deserved better.

Again, my apologies.
My deepest condolences. Mom Mom passed 35 years ago and I can’t say I’ve ever gotten over it

Reaction Score

Again, my apologies.
My deepest condolences. No matter how old you are, losing a parent is one of the most difficult things any of us can experience. I hope the team can give you those few pleasurable hours of escape today.

Reaction Score

Again, my apologies.
Sincere condolences.

I went to a matinee concert at Symphony Hall in Boston on November 22, 1963. In the midst of the performance, the conductor, Erich Leinsdorf, turned to the audience and announced that JFK had just been the victim of an assassination. After a quick substitution of the 2nd movement of Beethoven's third symphony (the funeral march), the president of the BSO came to the stage and said that when his mother died, he went to the symphony that day to find consolation in the music. He now decided to go on with the rest of the concert after intermission this day, so the audience might similarly find consolation before heading home.

I hope you, as a loyal UConn fan, will find consolation in watching our girls performing at their best. And I hope you'll be able to bond with your Dad in doing this for many years to come.

Reaction Score
Sincere condolences.

I went to a matinee concert at Symphony Hall in Boston on November 22, 1963. In the midst of the performance, the conductor, Erich Leinsdorf, turned to the audience and announced that JFK had just been the victim of an assassination. After a quick substitution of the 2nd movement of Beethoven's third symphony (the funeral march), the president of the BSO came to the stage and said that when his mother died, he went to the symphony that day to find consolation in the music. He now decided to go on with the rest of the concert after intermission this day, so the audience might similarly find consolation before heading home.

I hope you, as a loyal UConn fan, will find consolation in watching our girls performing at their best. And I hope you'll be able to bond with your Dad in doing this for many years to come.
Thank you!

Reaction Score
Condolences on the loss of your mom. Remember that she will always be with you.

Reaction Score
As Geno said, we need to get healthy and have a lot of luck in the Tourney. Imo, we're a long shot to win the title this year. But, still have a puncher's chance. Maybe it's our turn to catch some breaks in March.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
As long as they learn from them, I’m okay with a couple losses. The regular season only matters to get into (and prepared for) the tournament. Losses in the tournament are what I would very much like UConn to avoid.
We know this team did not want to be the one that was first to lose back-to-back games since 1993. However, if they don't get over being too tired to play well, they could be the first team to lose back-to-back games twice and in the same month. That would be four losses in five games; unheard of for UConn basketball. I hope the team gets the rest they need to play like they did earlier in the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom