Hey Mark Emmert, GFY. | The Boneyard

Hey Mark Emmert, GFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Emmert: ‘Pleased’ to see Penn State football thriving again

This makes me want to throat punch someone.

Is he "pleased" in the implicit knee-shot to our conference affiliation?

“But the football program is still Penn State and they showed it and they did really well."

Wow - talk about blind.

He should have given big penalties to the football program and left the school alone. The entire reason they lost the lawsuit is because of his money grubbing. He demanded $60 million from the school to fill the NCAA's coffers.

And he was rightly called out on that by Pennsylvania state representatives. Should have been bigger athletic sanctions, and no money penalty. Ridiculous. But you know the NCAA's bottom line--gotta pay those administrators.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Looking forward to a USC 45-17 thrashing of Penn St and beat down of that weaselly McSorley kid who has a worse throwing motion than a Vance Jackson jump shot

Emmert: ‘Pleased’ to see Penn State football thriving again

This makes me want to throat punch someone.

Is he "pleased" in the implicit knee-shot to our conference affiliation?

“But the football program is still Penn State and they showed it and they did really well."

Wow - talk about blind.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
He should have given big penalties to the football program and left the school alone. The entire reason they lost the lawsuit is because of his money grubbing. He demanded $60 million from the school to fill the NCAA's coffers.

And he was rightly called out on that by Pennsylvania state representatives. Should have been bigger athletic sanctions, and no money penalty. Ridiculous. But you know the NCAA's bottom line--gotta pay those administrators.

You realize your brainwashed nonsense has nothing to do with why this quote/article is infuriating, right?

He imposed penalties on a school. He's now happy they recovered. We continue to twist in wind.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is that 's way of saying yeah we might have screwed you in the playoffs this year but by saying this everything is GREAT!!!"
I despise that man

Reaction Score
Looking forward to a USC 45-17 thrashing of Penn St and beat down of that weaselly McSorley kid who has a worse throwing motion than a Vance Jackson jump shot
You realize you're the only one on the planet who thinks Jackson has an ugly shot right?

Here is before even raising the ball for a shot. Already above his chest like you claim he shoots from. Give it a rest dude.
IMG_8152.JPG

Reaction Score
You realize your brainwashed nonsense has nothing to do with why this quote/article is infuriating, right?

He imposed penalties on a school. He's now happy they recovered. We continue to twist in wind.

Yes, you've always had immense difficulty reading.

pj

Reaction Score

Different people can be infuriated by different things. I sympathize more with upstater being infuriated by Emmert's corrupt money-grubbing and ass-kissing.

Reaction Score
Different people can be infuriated by different things. I sympathize more with upstater being infuriated by Emmert's corrupt money-grubbing and ass-kissing.

There have been plenty of reasons in the past to be infuriated with Emmert. I likely know even more reasons having nothing to do with Penn State or UConn than pepband does.

I was just responding to the topic.

But you know how the Boneyard is--people want you to go on tangents and end up talking about Bunkey or pizza.

Reaction Score
There have been plenty of reasons in the past to be infuriated with Emmert. I likely know even more reasons having nothing to do with Penn State or UConn than pepband does.

I was just responding to the topic.

But you know how the Boneyard is--people want you to go on tangents and end up talking about Bunkey or pizza.

You had me at PIZZA.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You realize you're the only one on the planet who thinks Jackson has an ugly shot right?

Here is before even raising the ball for a shot. Already above his chest like you claim he shoots from. Give it a rest dude.
View attachment 17453

This JSM cat is somethin else...

Someone in a thread the other day made the best point of all re JSM: "How is it that you're wrong about every single thing?"

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yes, you've always had immense difficulty reading.

So, you're actually saying Emmert is "pleased" because he feels bad about over-punishing Penn St? Otherwise, your post is simply Yawkey Way-level keyword response.

Reaction Score
So, you're actually saying Emmert is "pleased" because he feels bad about over-punishing Penn St? Otherwise, your post is simply Yawkey Way-level keyword response.

No one knows what you're going on about. If you want me to restate what I wrote, "He should have punished the football team more. He had no business taking $60m from the academic side in an attempt to line his pockets. His greed is what got the sanctions overturned. If not for his greed, the sanctions would have stuck."

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
No one knows what you're going on about. If you want me to restate what I wrote, "He should have punished the football team more. He had no business taking $60m from the academic side in an attempt to line his pockets. His greed is what got the sanctions overturned. If not for his greed, the sanctions would have stuck."

I guess I'll simplify this for you. BTW - probably not the best look to try and make fun of my reading comprehension, while at the same time having a fairly easy point woosh right over your head.

On Penn St:
“I think it’s terrific,” said Emmert...
“I think what Penn State went through is an awful situation and it’s still playing out sadly."
“But the football program is still Penn State and they showed it and they did really well. The university has done an amazing job to put in place all of the things their board wanted and our board wanted.”

On announcing UCONN's double jeopardy APR nonsense:
"These meetings [have produced] an aggressive and meaningful set of changes," Emmert said, "and put real meat behind the agenda we produced in August. Student-athletes need to be students who happen to be athletes, and not the other way around. Actions taken [Thursday] are an enormous step in that direction."

Reaction Score
I guess I'll simplify this for you. BTW - probably not the best look to try and make fun of my reading comprehension, while at the same time having a fairly easy point woosh right over your head.

On Penn St:
“I think it’s terrific,” said Emmert...
“I think what Penn State went through is an awful situation and it’s still playing out sadly."
“But the football program is still Penn State and they showed it and they did really well. The university has done an amazing job to put in place all of the things their board wanted and our board wanted.”

On announcing UCONN's double jeopardy APR nonsense:
"These meetings [have produced] an aggressive and meaningful set of changes," Emmert said, "and put real meat behind the agenda we produced in August. Student-athletes need to be students who happen to be athletes, and not the other way around. Actions taken [Thursday] are an enormous step in that direction."

I mean--what are you talking about? Quotes from Emmert are in the article. I responded to the article in which Emmert is talking about the Penn State situation after sanctions. I was critical of the guy. I have no idea really what you're even trying to say.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I mean--what are you talking about? Quotes from Emmert are in the article. I responded to the article in which Emmert is talking about the Penn State situation after sanctions. I was critical of the guy. I have no idea really what you're even trying to say.

When Emmert punishes Penn St - he's pleased that they recovered, despite the nature of why they were punished, because "they're Penn St."
When Emmert punishes UCONN - Oh, you have APR numbers that are newer? Too bad, so sad.

Essentially - this would be like UCONN boosting our APR by offering UNC-style freebie courses, and Emmert then saying "look, APR works!" Extra added pain in that UCONN might not have been in the CR state it is, had all of this not happened as it did.

Reaction Score
He's shooting 26.5% from 3, how bad would that actually be if he didn't have perfect form?

View attachment 17453

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This JSM cat is somethin else...

Someone in a thread the other day made the best point of all re JSM: "How is it that you're wrong about every single thing?"

So glad I have that tool on ignore. Threads get confusing when I see posts quoting him (because I don't actually see anything quoted) -- but it's well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom