Hey Geno What Happened? | The Boneyard

Hey Geno What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So Caitlyn Clark's idol as a kid was Maya Moore and they got together when she was 6 and then a few days ago. So where did she want to play?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nika is not even in the top 100 at 2020 ESPN HoopGurlz, LOL.
That’s not unusual with foreign players. Nika was relatively well known in Europe and had a number of US colleges recruiting her in addition to UConn, including Louisville, USF and several others.

Reaction Score
A healthy Clark and Paige woulda been another 4 year dynasty. Oh well.
I'm not so sure. It would have been the greatest show ever in womens basketball but there is only one ball and from what I have seen, Caitlin ain't sharing too often. I get that she has to be the whole everything for her team but sometimes two greats don't work that well together. Isn't a lot of success in sports a matter of not just talent but also chemistry?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure. It would have been the greatest show ever in womens basketball but there is only one ball and from what I have seen, Caitlin ain't sharing too often. I get that she has to be the whole everything for her team but sometimes two greats don't work that well together. Isn't a lot of success in sports a matter of not just talent but also chemistry?
Caitlin....1058 assists
Nika.......651 assists

This is not posted as a put down of Nika but rather as a response to the above highlighted phrase..

One can only Imagine Paige being the beneficiary of Clark's passes.

Reaction Score

but she is the assist leader in NCAAW basketball so she must have shared the ball enough.

Reaction Score
Maya was her favorite player, UConn was her dream school, like it is typically with many of young ladies. But she chose a different path for her given the circumstances

Notre Dame, Iowa and Iowa State were her top three. Staying home and local was her pinch point. Notre Dame recruited her first but she, in press released, called them a "blue blood." She kind of knew she wanted to be the big fish in her local pond. Also, she did not want to sit. During the USA trials, Paige started and Caitlin came off the bench. Paige had the ball in her hands a lot and seeing that Paige made her UConn commitment early, Caitlin wasn't interested in playing the UConn-ride-the-bench-till you get it right game. She made it clear she wanted to play immediately. the UConn's, Stanford and South Carolina's don't guarantee any playing time in their pitches for good reason.

She has forged her own path and did what I believe she set out to do.

Reaction Score
It's funny this same question was asked when they faced off with Iowa in the tournament. Geno seemed kinda annoyed by it. I forget his exact answer but it was something to the effect of just because we are UConn doesn't mean everyone will come.

Reaction Score
It's funny this same question was asked when they faced off with Iowa in the tournament. Geno seemed kinda annoyed by it. I forget his exact answer but it was something to the effect of just because we are UConn doesn't mean everyone will come.
I think things have worked out ok for all. UCONN is a damn good team that has been snake bitten by injuries, Caitlin is awesome and a household name and Paige is spectacular too. Everybody is making bank here.

Reaction Score
Basketball is a team sport, and Iowa is never winning a National Championship with the formula they have.

Reaction Score
Kind of immaterial now, after 4 years. Nothing wrong with CC, nothing wrong with Nika, speculation is nil. It is what it is. Just move on into reality. I'm sorry, but forget what could have been and embrace what happened.
I like Nika as the 1 and Paige as the 1 to 5.
Like Sabrina Ionescu, we'll see where she is in the W after 10 years ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom