Hey Dan….. (merged threads) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Hey Dan….. (merged threads)

Reaction Score
I'll take substance over hype every day of the week.

I think this is the number one issue with this team going forward, Clingan is being held back because Danny feels like he can't bench the junior with all of the hype.
I 100% agree with you. Hurley is known to be loyal to upperclassmen though and Sanogo is a leader on the team. I just don’t see him giving Clingan more deserved time because it would be over Sanogo of all people.
You guys are out of your damn minds. Sanogo is incredible. "Hype". My goodness.

Reaction Score
The fact is they did just as Nova did. Make us take 30 plus threes. Make sure Hawkins and Joey ain’t the ones taking them. The rest are not great shooters.

We have no one who can take it to the rim. That is our downfall this year.
Exactly, no one can break down the defense.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You guys are out of your damn minds. Sanogo is incredible. "Hype". My goodness.
Sanogo is a force, but he has stretches where he is bad. Sanogo makes hard things easy and sometimes make easy things hard. When the hard things stop being easy it’s bad… Clingan consistently makes easy things easy. He’s dependable. There are going to be times where he’s the better option.

Like sometimes we just need easy points that Sanogo can’t get us but Clingan can just because he can straight up dunk the ball. Not to mention the obvious step up in rim protection Clingan brings.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We talk about our depth all the time, Hurley talks about it all the time. Yet we keep in Karaban and Newton who were total negatives, and Adama wasn’t a ton better regardless of stats. Just doesn’t make sense.

I don’t care that Andre made some 3s. This kid should NEVER take 12 3s in a game.

Also we don’t get free throws because we don’t go to the rim guys. It’s simple. Xavier does, and they got calls.

We took 30 shots inside the 3 point line and got one whistle on those 30 shots.

Reaction Score
this isn't complex and look no one's perfect but Hurley got owned by Miller it is what it is.

Xavier ate at the rim cuz Nunge/Freemantle/Hunter are bigger than Sanogo/Karaban/Andre and Sanogo/Karaban is not a rim protection racket so their guards got to the rim at will

This is exactly the game where Clingan should get 20-25 to lock up the inside and Hurley just couldn't figure that out. It is what it is

Reaction Score
Would have been nice to see Clingan and Sanogo in the game together. I know it’s been discussed but you have to figure out how to play your best players together.

Reaction Score
Wish we saw more Joey C today too- and have an intervention with Sanogo to tell him to not play defense 25 feet from basket (unless that is Hurley's strategy- if so, time to find a new strategy)

Reaction Score
It’s going to take some big balls for Hurley to start giving DC a more deserved minutes that cut into Sanogo’s. But if he does it I’ll be impressed. Tough ask to play a freshman over a NPOY candidate though.
If it’s purely about matchups then okay. This is the exact game where Samson was missed yo match the length and mobility of the other bigs. Again. I would have loved to see Richie get run in a game like this.

Reaction Score
Not many complaints w Hurley this year…but today seemed like a perfect opportunity to play Sanogo and Clingan together more, especially in the second half. Karaban was in foul trouble and was getting beaten up a bit…Sanogo is plenty athletic enough to guard Fremantle even when he steps outside. And in some situations a T can fire your team up…but that’s an AWFUL time to get one with 2:30 left. Game was over once that happened.

Reaction Score
For all intensive purposes that T didn’t lose the game for us. It was the overall difference at the stripe. And we had that cold game from outside that we said would cause our chances of losing to a good team to increase. No outside allowed the size of x fronts guys to shroud adama. Let’s not act like x does not posses a very good and experienced front line.
We were 42% in the first half and 35% for the game. I wouldn't call that cold 3pt shooting. The problem in the second half when we needed to get buckets we settled too much for 3's. Someone able to drive like the Xavier guards would of been nice to have.

Reaction Score
Not many complaints w Hurley this year…but today seemed like a perfect opportunity to play Sanogo and Clingan together more, especially in the second half. Karaban was in foul trouble and was getting beaten up a bit…Sanogo is plenty athletic enough to guard Fremantle even when he steps outside. And in some situations a T can fire your team up…but that’s an AWFUL time to get one with 2:30 left. Game was over once that happened.
Today was the perfect opportunity for us to use our size of them both. Would had been good matchups. Pretty sure it would had worked in our advantage too.

Reaction Score
To be fair, we've had numerous stars (Ben Gordon) not really "get it" until past 2.5 years.
I understand where you’re going with this, but Ben came in and averaged 13 freshman yr, and 20 sophomore. There are probably better examples. I just don’t think Andre has the tools, or trusts them enough.

Reaction Score
Jackson was 4-9 from 3 before the late shots. If they leave him open he can and should shoot. Get used to it.

Andre Jackson has the 9th highest Defensive Rating in college basketball this year.

I will take zero slander of a guy that just had 14-10-8-2 with one turnover
Slander? LOL

Reaction Score
Oh spare me. We can still call out bad decisions when they’re made. He made some bad decisions today and it cost us the game. Anyone who doesn’t think getting a T at that moment wasn’t foolish is foolish themselves. You go home.
We?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
PC is not equally as tough as Xavier. The Dunk is a tough place to play though
Actually they are. They aren’t nearly as good offensively, but they are way tougher on the whole and bump you all over Court. Peecee plays vintage BigEast hoops

Reaction Score
I think anyone who was watching knows what triggered the T. You can debate whether he should have gotten it, or we can just keep repeating that he embarrassed himself, but I think most people have a pretty good idea what triggered the T.

I should have turned the game off when I saw that gray haired bozo throw up the opening tip.
There is no debate on the T. It’s inexcusable. You never through a winnable game into jeopardy to prove a point. Just beyond stupidly immature and a sign you don’t respect the team enough to keep cool to give them the best chance to win. Not about you Dan.

Reaction Score
not surprised it was something mild this time. his reputation proceeds him in scenarios like this one. some officials are just always going to have it out for him.
From what I saw he didn’t dispute much, I guess he didn’t wanna risk a 2nd. But in the vid after he got one he did look like he got caught and was pretty disappointed with himself.

Reaction Score
I understand where you’re going with this, but Ben came in and averaged 13 freshman yr, and 20 sophomore. There are probably better examples. I just don’t think Andre has the tools, or trusts them enough.
He has the tools. So, perhaps I'm just a bit overly optimistic in thinking he'll put it all together by the end of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom