Herm Edwards to Arizona State | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Herm Edwards to Arizona State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Come on man why do you say stuff like this
We’ll, probably because I believe it. I recall Pete Carroll being perceived as a failed NFL coach when he was hired by USC. The same negative comments were made about him back then. The fact is both Carroll and Edwards are built more for leading college teams—and Carroll is three years older than Edwards. Their enthusiasm is contagious and highly effective in a college setting while it would be greeted with rolled eyes in the pros. Carroll connected with the kids at USC, as will Edwards at ASU. I predict he will not only be a success, he’ll have ASU in the Pac12 title game within three years.

Reaction Score
We’ll, probably because I believe it. I recall Pete Carroll being perceived as a failed NFL coach when he was hired by USC. The same negative comments were made about him back then. The fact is both Carroll and Edwards are built more for leading college teams—and Carroll is three years older than Edwards. Their enthusiasm is contagious and highly effective in a college setting while it would be greeted with rolled eyes in the pros. Carroll connected with the kids at USC, as will Edwards at ASU. I predict he will not only be a success, he’ll have ASU in the Pac12 title game within three years.
oh my god. I will bet my life savings that Edwards and the AD are fired before they make the Pac 12 title game

Reaction Score
You have yet to acknowledge the main argument that is being made against the hire, which destroys your Carroll anecdote.

It’s the lack of continuity. Carroll never stopped coaching for 15 or however many years.

But I know that this isn’t heading anywhere so I’ll leave it at that

Reaction Score
I’m confident he’ll be a success but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Anything’s possible. One thing I’ve noticed is I don’t get as worked up about being wrong as many of you do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’m confident he’ll be a success but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Anything’s possible. One thing I’ve noticed is I don’t get as worked up about being wrong as many of you do.

Certainly a good quality if one wants to talk out of their arse and has never not been wrong about anything.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t get as worked up about being wrong.
Lol I’m sure that makes making ludicrous predictions like “Herm frickin Edwards is gonna take ASU to the PAC 12 championship game with his first recruiting class” a lot easier

How often does this “confidence” you have pay off? You wager on sports often?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Carroll was 51 when starting at USC, Herm is now 63.

Reaction Score
Lol I’m sure that makes making ludicrous predictions like “Herm frickin Edwards is gonna take ASU to the PAC 12 championship game with his first recruiting class” a lot easier

How often does this “confidence” you have pay off? You wager on sports often?

Let me preface this by saying Nostical is a good friend of mine.

With that said, I don't know many people who have been as successful in their personal and professional lives.

There is not a state in this country that he can't visit where multiple people would drop everything in a blizzard or a flood and pick him up at the airport.

He has friends in low places (like the boneyard) and in high places like corporate CEO's.

He has a wonderfully successful and grounded family and they are certainly the apple that fell from his tree.

The reason for all of this. Because of his extremely infectious and positive personality. People just like being around him.

Many on the Boneyard know that what I've shared is true.

I'll take a Nostical as a friend who cares about others over the cynical know it alls that love to thump their chests and take victory laps.

Happy New Years everyone. Be safe tonight.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

With that said, I don't know many people who have been as successful in their personal and professional lives.

There is not a state in this country that he can't visit where multiple people would drop everything in a blizzard or a flood and pick him up at the airport.

He has friends in low places (like the boneyard) and in high places like corporate CEO's.

He has a wonderfully successful and grounded family and they are certainly the apple that fell from his tree.

The reason for all of this. Because of his extremely infectious and positive personality. People just like being around him.

I'll take a Nostical as a friend who cares about others over the cynical know it alls that love to thump their chests and take victory laps.

What does any of that have to do with posting dumb things?

Can you not connect real life from posts on a message board?

Reaction Score
What does any of that have to do with posting dumb things?
Dumb? Really? I’ll admit they’re often avant garde, maybe controversial, perhaps outside the box, potentially against conventional wisdom, but certainly not dumb. How would you describe your tripe?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dumb? Really? I’ll admit they’re often avant garde, maybe controversial, perhaps outside the box, potentially against conventional wisdom, but certainly not dumb. How would you describe your tripe?

In the top right hand corner there is a search function.

Search for Diaco, posted by you.

Read a couple of pages and then feel free to let me know what adjective to you.

It’s people that shovel complete untrue
garbage that helped get us - so you’ll have to excuse me for not being willing to keep eating while saying it tastes great. I know the one thing people like you hate the most is people like who remember the pattern of trash and ask questions at the end.

You’re love affair with SusieLax is turning south for us as well. It’s going to be the most expensive D-III program in the country if things don’t start getting fixed soon.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Id love to have a thread of predictions pinned to the top of the board. Every time someone has a prediction that causes a little rise we move that one post to that thread. End of the year we look back at it and see who was right or wrong.

We could probably start the thread with any of Dan’s undefeated posts and then add Nostical’s prediction to that as well. We all know many more will be made by many people here, who will start at QB, why the back up will be better (we all know we’ll get there), etc.

Not saying I agree or disagree with Nostical’s prediction on Herm. Just think it would be fun to look back on. Especially since many here make predictions and then the threads get buried. Plus I’m too lazy to use the search bar!

Reaction Score

I don’t know Nostical, but I’ll say this, there is a great message in this post that many on this board should try to absorb.

Reaction Score
I don’t know Nostical, but I’ll say this, there is a great message in this post that many on this board should try to absorb.
That optimists are more fun to be around than cynics? Wow, starting off 2018 great with those revelations

Except this place isn’t a bar full of people trying to have a good time.

Reaction Score
That optimists are more fun to be around than cynics? Wow, starting off 2018 great with those revelations

Except this place isn’t a bar full of people trying to have a good time.

I try to have a good time with most everything I do, including life’s little diversions like the Boneyard. Never found the cynical and sarcastic thing very rewarding.

Reaction Score
I try to have a good time with most everything I do, including life’s little diversions like the Boneyard. Never found the cynical and sarcastic thing very rewarding.
Hear that @whaler11 stop killing the vibe man you’re wrecking his buzz

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Likey dopey Sportsart used to brag about there is an ignore function.

If someone doesn’t like how someone posts it’s fully available for usage to hide all those mean bad posts that hurt the feelz.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Herm has never seemed to be anything but nonsensical word salad to me. Maybe he can recruit some decent coaches but if he doesn't win he'll be nothing but empty catchphrases, like KO.

Reaction Score

Likey dopey Sportsart used to brag about there is an ignore function.

If someone doesn’t like how someone posts it’s fully available for usage to hide all those mean bad posts that hurt the feelz.

Lol!

You guys take yourselves way too seriously.

Have a happy New Year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't care what Nostical has done off line. He knows nothing about college football and shows it every time he comes online.

Those of us who frequent the Cesspool know all too well that real-world prosperity does not automatically render posters intelligent or thoughtful.

Reaction Score

>>Arizona State: Although sources tell FootballScoop Western Illinois head coach Charlie Fisher remains a strong candidate for the position, we hear Herm Edwards has brought Wes Chandler in to interview for the receivers job as well. We expect a hire within the next 36 hours. Chandler, a multi-year ProBowler from the late 70s / early 80s coached in the league from 2000-02 with the Cowboys, in 2005 with the Vikings and 07-08 with the Browns. In 2012 he coached one season at Cal.<<

Reaction Score
Nostical knows nothing about college football. Real-world prosperity does not automatically render posters intelligent or thoughtful.

Now you tell me. All this time you've been looking for intelligent and thoughtful? Based on your posts I thought you wanted snarky, insidious, petty and vindictive.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I do know Nostical and I fully agree with your statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom