Here's why UConn left the AAC, and what's next for everybody (Matt Brown @ SBNation) | The Boneyard

Here's why UConn left the AAC, and what's next for everybody (Matt Brown @ SBNation)

Reaction Score
Fans continually seeing the athletic department as a means of entertainment rather than a means of the school reinvesting in itself is admittedly part of the problem.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
When Temple was kicked out of the Big East, they left involuntarily. They were horrible. But there’s lots of bad football programs across America. Half of college football the loses every Saturday.

We weren’t kicked out. We gave up. We quit.

UConn will never be the same again, even if we win more NC’s in BB.

The school should be ashamed for two lousy coaching hires. The state should be ashamed for not supporting its flagship school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He stumbled into the answer:

“But could UConn win another NCAA men’s title as a member of the Big East? Of course. And if they did that, would anybody care that their football team went 2-10 and lost to New Hampshire or whatever? Absolutely not.

And maybe that’s perfectly okay.”

YEAH THEY HAVE BEEN UNDER .500 IN BASKETBALL AND LOSING EVERY FOOTBALL GAME... so winning National God Damn Basketball championships while still losing at football... IS A BIG IMPROVEMENT

Reaction Score
He stumbled into the answer:

“But could UConn win another NCAA men’s title as a member of the Big East? Of course. And if they did that, would anybody care that their football team went 2-10 and lost to New Hampshire or whatever? Absolutely not.

And maybe that’s perfectly okay.”

YEAH THEY HAVE BEEN UNDER .500 IN BASKETBALL AND LOSING EVERY FOOTBALL GAME... so winning National God Damn Basketball championships while still losing at football... IS A BIG IMPROVEMENT
So people are happy because UConn has dropped to a lower level?

Newsflash, if UConn can't compete with UCF, Memphis, or ECU, it's not beating Michigan, UVA, or Texas.

Reaction Score
Fans continually seeing the athletic department as a means of entertainment rather than a means of the school reinvesting in itself is admittedly part of the problem.
This too

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
guy who wrote the article said:
This option creates so many questions, especially if UConn hopes to be independent by 2020. Who is going to play them? Who is going to broadcast their games? Where will they go in the postseason, if they can ever find a way to win six games again? What on earth are they trying to accomplish at that level? Making the Cure Bowl? Losing as little money as possible?

Although the path to the Cure Bowl is more difficult as an Independent, yes, that is essentially what we have been trying to accomplish and what we will continue to try to accomplish. A date with WKU in the Cure Bowl.

Reaction Score
I would much rather see ESPN feel the pain.
That would be fine too but I really don't know who I hate more. SMU, UCF and Memphis fans or ESPN

Reaction Score
Realignment decisions were probably made before PP was even hired, and if not, one year of 5-7 coming off the Fiesta Bowl wasn't keeping us out. Even at our best in football, the ACC still didn't want us.

I really don’t think it was that wide a gap at that point. They held their nose and took a crap Academics University willing to graft their way to major stadiums & Dick taxpayers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom