Here's the thing about the Mizzou-So Carolina/Dawn thread | The Boneyard

Here's the thing about the Mizzou-So Carolina/Dawn thread

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jeez, every now and then we have a thread that kind of spins out of control but this was an unlikely one, wasn't it?

Just a few things I'd like to say here -

1. Most of my comments were about posts that had been deleted. It may seem that I was going off on people for what seemed like not-that-bad posts but that's not the case. The most egregious posts were deleted, rightfully so.
2. It's OK to criticize players and coaches. The Boneyard is, after all, a discussion board. The problem is, some people go overboard. Sometimes, two people go overboard and there's a kind of feeding frenzy, which happened in the Mizzou-So Carolina thread. That brings me to...
3. Don't let the criticism get personal. I get that people are disappointed, appalled, even angry about things but there is absolutely no need to attack anyone's mental state or to make wild-eyed assumptions about their intentions. Unless you know the person yourself or have some kind of article from a reliable source (NOT most blogs), then you're speculating. And that leads me to...
4. Don't indulge in harmful speculation. Some kinds of speculation are ok, such as guessing the starting lineup or which skills Geno wants someone to work on in the off-season, but when you start a sentence with "I think..." and follow it with a phrase like "...she wanted to hurt that player" you are indulging in harmful speculation, something that could adversely damage someone's reputation. Don't do it.

So, that's it, more or less. I'm sorry for any misunderstandings.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan. I have said I view this board like a cocktail party where you walk around and have nice chats and can disagree but preferably in nice form. It's ok to disagree but have points to back up your opinion and be ok with hearing different points. You don't have to agree but at least acknowledge the points being made.

No good games tonight, so our OT could be the Alabama/Georgia game which I have to take the lesser of two evils-Georgia.

Tomorrow, though has plenty of games for us to discuss!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan. I have said I view this board like a cocktail party where you walk around and have nice chats and can disagree but preferably in nice form. It's ok to disagree but have points to back up your opinion and be ok with hearing different points. You don't have to agree but at least acknowledge the points being made.

No good games tonight, so our OT could be the Alabama/Georgia game which I have to take the lesser of two evils-Georgia.

Tomorrow, though has plenty of games for us to discuss!
You don't need to do research or have a mountain of verified facts to state an opinion or make a comment in a thread. Just don't go out of your way insult anyone to say what you need to say.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom