Here is what you need to know about New Hampshire | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here is what you need to know about New Hampshire

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Any bars in the area open early these days for the afternoon game? I think McKinnons closed...

Reaction Score
80 mph winds and wind chill of -65 degrees on summit of Mt Wash today (Thanksgiving). Wind gust of 231 mph world record.
When I was still married, my ex and I took our 3 YO daughter to the top of Mt. Washington. It was July and at the base, it was a gorgeous summer day in NE. By the time we got to the top, it was hailing.

Because it was JULY, we had some long pants but no long sleeve shirts. We bought fleeces in the gift shop wherever the gift shop is on the mountain because it was so freaking cold.

One of my favorite pictures, ever, is of my daughter and I hazed out in the clouds at the top of the mountain. We are laughing our head’s off because we’re cold and IN A CLOUD!

I would love to go to the top again but I’m a bad driver. There are few people I would trust to drive to the top of that mountain. While he’s an ex, I can say it says a lot about him that I would trust him today to drive me to the top of that mountain. He’s truly one of the most reliable drivers and has such fear of everything that there is no way he would let his 3 YO daughter off the road. Even me because I’m the mother of that 3 YO (now 13). One of the scariest roads to drive on ever.

Happy Thanksgiving, BY!

Attachments

• C05E274C-1312-420E-BD4A-A459A14A2CC5.jpeg
    C05E274C-1312-420E-BD4A-A459A14A2CC5.jpeg
    719.6 KB · Views: 31

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I knew it was a joke only because New Hampshire doesn't have basketball fans.

My granddaughter is a recent UNH grad. She found the bleachers at a basketball game a good, quiet place to work on assignments without being disturbed.

Like the original post, that's a joke. I'm pretty sure she got through four years there without ever seeing a game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
80 mph winds and wind chill of -65 degrees on summit of Mt Wash today (Thanksgiving). Wind gust of 231 mph world record.
One year climbing Mount Washington we camped in Tuckerman's Ravine for the night. It was pretty cold in the morning but sunny and looked to be a good day. I went to take a sip of water from my canteen and nothing came out. It had frozen solid overnight. I later learned that there had been hurricane force winds at the summit overnight. It was August.

We made the steep climb past the waterfall to the top of Tuckerman's and the up an unending nearly as steep rock field to the summit. As I crossed the last ridge I was met by an overweight woman in Bermuda shorts who was yelling to her husband that we had climbed it and to come and get a picture of her with us.

I kept walking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need to be nice to all of Chief's identities.
Mr. Chief is a character who believes Kwintin Williams should get more playing time . . . Though both are unlikeable, Report Card and Chief are two very different identities with very different opinions.

Reaction Score
Kenpom projects UConn winning by 23 plus home court margin, and Kenpom is underrating UConn right now. Kenpom projects us beating UMass by 6 and American by 10.
that’s the worst projection i’ve seen. umass and american won’t be able to keep the game that close. both teams lose by double digits in my opinion

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
that’s the worst projection i’ve seen. umass and american won’t be able to keep the game that close. both teams lose by double digits in my opinion
Perfect. Let them all under rate us for the time being. This team needs time to gel and sailing under the radar is a way to get it.

Reaction Score
UNH's team is not tall. Their tallest player is 6'8 and he only plays 44% of the game. Most of the time their talles player will be 6'6 or 6'7. Either one of Carlton and/or Cobb should feast. UMass beat them by 30. Winning by anything less than 20 points would mean a bad showing IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom