Help On The Way | The Boneyard

Help On The Way

Reaction Score
Next season two five star players, Sid Wilson and James Akinjo will be on the team. Along with Kisunas and Mathews Jr. Add Larrier and perhaps Adams to that group, and see how our team looks. Having said that, it will be KO's last chance. Either win, or be gone.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Next season two five star players, Sid Wilson and James Akinjo will be on the team. Along with Kisunas and Mathews Jr. Add Larrier and perhaps Adams to that group, and see how our team looks. Having said that, it will be KO's last chance. Either win, or be gone.
Wilson and Akinjo are 4-star players, not 5.

Reaction Score
Uh, no....can't keep playing that game. KO needs to prove he can coach up this group, this year to respectability or it's time to move on.....6 years is enough body of work to evaluate and project.

Reaction Score
If they dont decommitt

EDIT: I dont think Sid Wilson will, but as for the others im not so sure

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Great athletes for sure, still are not the shooters we need.. NEXT

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
If we can get to twenty plus wins this season
I think this will happen.

Reaction Score
We said this exact same thing two years ago. What if polly, Whaley or Cobb leave? Alterique is still hurt? Larrier and Adams leave for Europe or NBA? We sit around and justify mediocrity? Say oh it's not his fault all those players jumped ship? Good coaches keep and deceive talent, bad coaches lose it.

Reaction Score
Who are our five star players? Last kid I remember is Jalen was a border five star (4 espn) and so was Daniel Hamilton (4 espn)

We have 1 top one hundred kid coming in next year.

Help is not on the way.

Reaction Score
Question: why should fans get excited about Wilson or any of these recruits? All summer we were hearing about the new recruits KO had brought in and the year before that we heard about this great recruiting class. Watch, it will end up being the same. Damn conference realignment. Gone are the days of bringing in a K. El- Amin, Caron Butler, a Ben Gordon, a Kemba Walker, a Charley V and a Rudy Gay. The list could go on and on. Just a shame.

Reaction Score
We don't have any 5 stars coming in, Ollie and Jalen won't be here next season.

Reaction Score
Butler gets 3 star recruits every year and consistently performs well. They don’t need 5 start recruits to do well every year. What I don’t understand is people saying it’s the recruiting or players when in reality it’s their consistent mistakes and the coach not doing his job. This has been going on for a few years now. Throw the transfers into the mix and it’s an ugly tornado. Ollie is a good recruiter, I’ll give him that. But I’m questioning his coaching skills in the practice, breaking down game film with his team, learning from previous mistakes, and game preparation.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Matthews is very good shooter. Cory Evans gave a comp to klay Thompson. Obviously he's not at that level but he has the potential to be
We don’t need potential, we need knock down shooters and neither are.. NEXT

Reaction Score
We said this exact same thing two years ago. What if polly, Whaley or Cobb leave? Alterique is still hurt? Larrier and Adams leave for Europe or NBA? We sit around and justify mediocrity? Say oh it's not his fault all those players jumped ship? Good coaches keep and deceive talent, bad coaches lose it.
If those things happened I would move over to the"fire Ollie" side. I don't think they will.

Reaction Score
If those things happened I would move over to the"fire Ollie" side. I don't think they will.
These guys are the laughing stock of uconn know others students are pestering the school for their season ticket money back. Losing is one thing. But this team is hard to watch. Biggest waste of money

Reaction Score
Who are our five star players? Last kid I remember is Jalen was a border five star (4 espn) and so was Daniel Hamilton (4 espn)

We have 1 top one hundred kid coming in next year.

Help is not on the way.

Actually, we have 2, Akinjo and Wilson. Wilson was originally a 2018, but reclassified to 2017, but he is a top 100 in 247.

Reaction Score
Now that's a half full outlook. None of these guys are 5 star players as others have alluded to. Adams will most likely be gone and we can't even rely on AG. As much as we all trash Adams, good luck replacing a guy that could put up 20 every night. Next year does not look any better IMHO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We don't have any 5 stars coming in, Ollie and Jalen won't be here next season.
Where's Jalen going?

Reaction Score
Something I think that that has hurt us is that we have no strong upperclassmen leadership, for a few years now. And I’m not talking about just off the court.

This year- no seniors (not counting AA yet), Adams lacks on the court leadership and I have yet to be convinced he truly “Bleeds Blue.” Larrier is a “me” player that shows NO defense, no desire to share the ball, and no discipline to move the ball on O.

2016-2017- Brimah, Facey, Purvis - maybe ambassadors off the court - but none were game changers off the court except Purvis 1/3 games

2015-2016- Nolan, Gibbs, S.Miller - 2 grad students without UConn growth and a recruit during our postseason ban who’s best attribute was taking a charge

2014-2015- boatright. Great player, but not a Shabazz or a Kemba, which is totally okay! We all know this year was a disappointment.

We arent recruiting the right players, we aren’t developing players and we aren’t retaining the goods one(dham) we needed. All of this falls on Ollie’s shoulders, but he can’t play go out on the floor and fix them himself in the game while they are playing poor. However, there seems to be no retribution for bad plays, doesn’t have a quick hook for teaching moments, and definitely hasn’t mastered working the refs or Xs and Os.

His seat is a lot hotter than people want to admit.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

it's a waste of time, the people you're trying to reason with are incorrigible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom